Overland Club/Outdoor Club looking for members - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Overland Club/Outdoor Club looking for members

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under Coil Spring Options from Ruffstuff!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 05-25-2011, 09:19 AM   #1
battman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Overland Club/Outdoor Club looking for members

Folks,

Just thought I would pass the information along about a new club being formed in the Maryland area. From what I have been told, it is going to be very different than others.

So far I was told that the club is an "Overland" type club. Less serious rock crawling and more adventure travel and outdoor activities. The guy starting the club is a really cool guy. It is open to all vehicle types and the cost for a membership is super cheap and for military its totally free (probably because the two starting it are Vets...both infantry, Ranger, Airborne, etc). The club is looking for members who enjoy the outdoors (i.e. camping, fishing, rock climbing, hiking, backpacking, photography, etc combine with the passion for vehicle overland travel). I see there being a lot less "my tires are bigger, my suspension felx is greater, your stocker needs a lift, etc"....

For all of you that are interested in that type of stuff, I would suggest applying to be a member and help get this club on its way. I can tell you guys now that there is two big events this club is planning ("Overland for Heros" and "Hike for Hero's" - both supporting Fallen Military, Firemen, and Police Officers).

If you guys have any questions or are interested in joining up, feel free to post in here. I hope to see a few people interested. I am a big fan of what direction this club is headed.

Unread 05-25-2011, 04:09 PM   #2
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Very interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by battman View Post
It is open to all vehicle types and the cost for a membership is super cheap . . .
Two questions.

1) What does the money go to?
2) What does one receive with a membership?

Thanks.
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-25-2011, 05:39 PM   #3
battman
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The membership from what I understand is 20 bucks a year right now. 5 dollars goes to the Appalachian Trail Society, 5 Dollars goes to the Wounded Worrior Program. The other 10 goes to a T-shirt with the club logo.

I am sure in the future there will be more benefits given to the member...but with things just starting out, stuff is small and simple. They are just now establishing who is in charge of what.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.