Off-Topic:MD/VA/PA/DE Camping? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Off-Topic:MD/VA/PA/DE Camping?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-12-2011, 09:07 AM   #1
atchudy

Off-Topic:MD/VA/PA/DE Camping?

I have been going camping for the past couple years to Green Ridge State Forest. This place is great because of how remote all the campsites are, the scenery, and the off-road trails to get to some of the sites. Additionally, they are very relaxed with alcohol.

However this weekend, the weather out there is looking pretty poor. Can anyone recommend any similar places to go tent camping the Mid-Atlantic region?

Thanks.

atchudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 09:09 AM   #2
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

coopers rock west virginia dont know if the weather is goint to be much different.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 09:40 AM   #3
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Green Ridge will only be open until April 24th, then closed indefinitely. All Md State parks with ORV trails are closed.

Assateague Is (Md) may also be a place to look into for simple tent camping.

Check out http://www.dnr.state.md.us/ for more info.

As an aside, we always hit Cape Helopen (De) during the summer for great beach and tent camping.
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #4
0sevenjk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hell... is the whole park closing? I thought it was just the ohv trails closing.
0sevenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #5
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Good point. I think it sounds like the whole park. From the DNR website:

"Currently the Poplar Lick Savage River State Forest in Garrett County and Chandler Trails in the Pocomoke State Forest, in Worcester County will remain closed. To accommodate existing reservations previously secured by riders and campers, the Green Ridge State Forest trail will open April 1 and remain open through April 23; the trail will then close on April 24,and remain closed pending the results of the upcoming forest certification audit."
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
willydigger
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Has anyone been camping at a MD state park since the alcohol restriction? I plan to go to Rocky Gap this summer and was curious of the enforcement.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.