Off Roading in Montgomery or Howard County MARYLAND - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Off Roading in Montgomery or Howard County MARYLAND

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Reply
Unread 11-25-2011, 08:23 PM   #31
TheRedWolf
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: belair, maryland
Posts: 27
Haha this is funny I'm on your side with this dude some people get a little touchy besides I'm a American not Americant

TheRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 12:03 AM   #32
Toms87
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherWarrior View Post
prove to me it's illegal!
First of all, no need to use that language. Nobody is about to fistfight so that's not necessary. The general rule in Maryland is that if you aren't positive that a wheeling spot is legal, it's not. None of use have any control over that. I'd love to be able to drive wherever I feel like but that's never going to happen. I'm sure plenty others on the forum feel the same way. The best way to attack the problem is to prove to lawmakers that we deserve a place to go and that we can maintain it without constant supervision. Basically, we need to show that four wheeling is not synonymous with destruction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWolf View Post
Haha this is funny I'm on your side with this dude some people get a little touchy besides I'm a American not Americant
This country was founded (partially) on private property rights. If you want to impede on other peoples' right to have private land, go ahead. Don't be surprised when the full weight of the law comes down on you. Trespassing is un-American whether you realize it or not.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:14 AM   #33
TheRedWolf
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: belair, maryland
Posts: 27
I am the law
TheRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #34
TheRedWolf
Registered User
1992 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: belair, maryland
Posts: 27
What happend to your land is my land my land is your land WTF WTF
TheRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 10:09 AM   #35
HUBDEEP
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Eastern Shore of Md
Posts: 1,380
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRedWolf View Post
What happend to your land is my land my land is your land WTF WTF
I don't believe a children's song should be the basis of your argument.
__________________
-Jason
'87 YJ- - D44's, 8" SOA , 5.38's, Locked f/r, 36" IROK's and a bottle opener...
clicky-->Maryland Wheeling spots
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 01:37 PM   #36
WeatherWarrior
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
Posts: 93
Sorry about the language, but it is frustrating when an old quote, that was a mistake, corrected almost immediately. Leave that to dirty politicians, not forum members.

The thing that is frustrating is that folks are accusing me of being dishonest and operating illegally. I know my rights, I know the law, I check things BEFORE I do them. Could I be wrong...sure, but do I think so in this case...no.

I understand if you want to take an ultra conservative view and operate that way. But this isn't your forum, and other than breaking the rules, it isn't your place to dictate what one person versus another posts. I understand why my first post was deleted (because I mis-typed "legal vs. illegal" and further used bad grammar as a double negative). However, I think my follow-up post clearly illustrated there is no risk as to breaking the law and using the property. The "use at your own risk" statement was to illustrate that like many beaches when you swim...they is no lifeguard. Just because there is no lifeguard doesn't make it illegal.

But first and foremost...I don't want people accusing me of being dishonest. In fact there are laws against it (slander/libel). That is my main concern. I pride myself on being an upstanding citizen with high morality and law abiding.
__________________
http://www.weatherwarrior.net
http://www.twitter.com/weatherwarrior1
http://www.weatherwarrior.net/chaser/vehicle_2000Jeep.html
WeatherWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 03:35 PM   #37
Toms87
Registered User
1987 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 1,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherWarrior View Post
Sorry about the language, but it is frustrating when an old quote, that was a mistake, corrected almost immediately. Leave that to dirty politicians, not forum members.

The thing that is frustrating is that folks are accusing me of being dishonest and operating illegally. I know my rights, I know the law, I check things BEFORE I do them. Could I be wrong...sure, but do I think so in this case...no.

I understand if you want to take an ultra conservative view and operate that way. But this isn't your forum, and other than breaking the rules, it isn't your place to dictate what one person versus another posts. I understand why my first post was deleted (because I mis-typed "legal vs. illegal" and further used bad grammar as a double negative). However, I think my follow-up post clearly illustrated there is no risk as to breaking the law and using the property. The "use at your own risk" statement was to illustrate that like many beaches when you swim...they is no lifeguard. Just because there is no lifeguard doesn't make it illegal.

But first and foremost...I don't want people accusing me of being dishonest. In fact there are laws against it (slander/libel). That is my main concern. I pride myself on being an upstanding citizen with high morality and law abiding.
It doesn't matter what you think. You're wrong. All of your arguments are littered with poor grammar and irrelevant analogies. You say you "know the law" so you should know that slander is irrelevant on a forum.

You have absolutely zero proof that the area you referenced is legal. Until you do, it's assumed illegal. I'm not sure why you don't understand that.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 11:39 PM   #38
WeatherWarrior
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
Posts: 93
The area is listed on the Sdat website (real property search). It is public property.

Libel (not slander) on forums is relevant in the State of Maryland. There is legal precedent. The forum itself (if so served) is subject to release information on it's users, including IP address and other information. Not saying it has happened, just worried about it happening.

If the grammar is so bad and you don't like it...put me on your ignore list. It's a forum...I don't check every little bit of grammar.

Again...you don't make the rules here. So it isn't "assumed" illegal. Sorry...what you apply to yourself does not apply to other members here. I applaud taking a moral standpoint about when and where to go, but it isn't up to you to dictate that. The forum itself has the right to allow or not allow what is posted...but you don't. It is only your OPINION, you are not the law, cannot enforce the law, and really don't have a platform to stand on regarding the law.
__________________
http://www.weatherwarrior.net
http://www.twitter.com/weatherwarrior1
http://www.weatherwarrior.net/chaser/vehicle_2000Jeep.html
WeatherWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 10:44 AM   #39
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand
 
ErikJordan's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lakewood CA
Posts: 5,088
Any further promotion or recommendation for illegal wheeling and the ban stick comes out.

Weatherwarrior, this is your only warning for this as well as defeating the censor. Further negative, non constructive posting and you will be wiped from the server. I have no patience for shenanigans especially when it comes to illegal wheeling.

You described it as being the site for the Fire Academy. This makes it a construction site. Those are illegal to play on. Know the rules before you post.

If you want legal trails in the MD area, here is where you can begin your search.

http://www.dnr.state.md.us/publiclands/orv.asp

Now, behave or be banned.

Oh, and with the talk of "serving" the forum, I should ban you now... but I will give you an opportunity to make things right.
__________________
___________________________________________


What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 09:38 PM   #40
WeatherWarrior
Registered User
2000 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gaithersburg, Maryland
Posts: 93
I will post no further in this thread as it is not worth the ban. But I also ask....if based on what Tom and Hubdeep have said, than shouldn't the thread be closed as they are saying there is NO legal sites in Maryland and therefore any posting here in this thread be in fact illegal?
__________________
http://www.weatherwarrior.net
http://www.twitter.com/weatherwarrior1
http://www.weatherwarrior.net/chaser/vehicle_2000Jeep.html
WeatherWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 09:41 PM   #41
Bane7962
Registered User
 
Bane7962's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Belcamp, Maryland
Posts: 840
__________________
Working with cars is a little like a really awesome date: you start out expecting this to be something simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you thought.

When my Jeep stops making strange noises, I become concerned. That usually means I have to go back and find whatever fell off.
Bane7962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 09:46 PM   #42
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand
 
ErikJordan's Avatar
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Lakewood CA
Posts: 5,088
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane7962 View Post
There is no need for popcorn. If WeatherWarrior finds something to substantiate his claim of this being a legal area to play on, everyone is a winner. If no, perhaps he learned something. Either way there is room for a positive outcome to this thread.
__________________
___________________________________________


What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2011, 09:49 PM   #43
Bane7962
Registered User
 
Bane7962's Avatar
1998 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Belcamp, Maryland
Posts: 840
aint trying to start anything. just wanted to see what that outcome would be
__________________
Working with cars is a little like a really awesome date: you start out expecting this to be something simple and straightforward; four hours later you're laying under her, panting and cursing, and things are a lot more complicated than you thought.

When my Jeep stops making strange noises, I become concerned. That usually means I have to go back and find whatever fell off.
Bane7962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-27-2011, 10:54 AM   #44
Siva283
Registered User
1995 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Falling Waters, WV
Posts: 3,698
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherWarrior View Post
I will post no further in this thread as it is not worth the ban. But I also ask....if based on what Tom and Hubdeep have said, than shouldn't the thread be closed as they are saying there is NO legal sites in Maryland and therefore any posting here in this thread be in fact illegal?
I can say HUBDEEP has done more for the fight for legal places to wheel in MD than most people I know or have heards about. He has a thread where he keeps us updated to how that is going as well. As far as him profiting from the classes he teaches if he does I doubt it covers his gas to get there.
Give the man a break he is right and he is passionate. Nothing wrong with that. If we want fun legal places to wheel that take more than 10 minutes to see everything we need to show the goverment and all the enviornmentalist that we can have fun and keep the area clean and not destroy the ecosystem and wild life. Also we show show how much that state would profit by have an off road park. Look at Rouch Creek. They got to be making tons of money. Sure right now it goes to paying the mortgage on the land(I am assuming here) but once its paid off the owners will retire comfortabley.
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-25-2012, 10:43 AM   #45
daggo66
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: NJ exile living in Baltimore
Posts: 1,136
This entire argument is actually very simple. Licensed motor vehicles can only be driven legally on public roads. Licensed or unlicensed motor vehicles can only be driven on private property with the owner's permission. MD currently has one public area that allows vehicles to be driven off road. Assateague Island. Anything else is no legal.
__________________
Tom
daggo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.