Ocean City Jeep Week AUG 26-29 2010 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Ocean City Jeep Week AUG 26-29 2010

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #46
HotDuck
2009 JK Wrangler 

It has taken a while, but we have finally collected everybody's photos from the event. We will get them up on the Ocean City Jeep Week web page soon, but in the mean time here are the links. The photo links both contain photos from the ESJA land tour on Sunday, the Jeep show on Saturday and the picnic on Assateague Island on Friday. We had just shy of 180 vehicles registered so needless to say we are extremely happy for this first year. Thank you to all of those who attended and we sincerely hope to see everybody back here in 2011.

Photos

http://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af35/HotDuck42/Ocean%20City%20Jeep%20Week%202010/

http://s991.photobucket.com/albums/af33/Likeminded82/OC%20Jeep%20Week%202010/

HotDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-12-2010, 05:38 PM   #47
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Cool pictures, we are looking forward to next year already. Let us know if you need any help and we will continue to pass on the word to customers coming in the shop.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #48
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Is there a thread for 2011's Jeep Week yet? If not, one of you ESJA guys needs to start one! 6+ months should be enough advanced notice to make the show bigger and better.

Here is my video from 2010. There was another one from an ESJA guy (inca gold jeep i think) but it is gone from youtube for some reason.

This is already on page 3, along with some pictures.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:53 AM   #49
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
Is there a thread for 2011's Jeep Week yet? If not, one of you ESJA guys needs to start one! 6+ months should be enough advanced notice to make the show bigger and better.

Here is my video from 2010. There was another one from an ESJA guy (inca gold jeep i think) but it is gone from youtube for some reason.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTvxFEWKjLY

This is already on page 3, along with some pictures.

Good idea. I have been talking with sac (owner of broken wing productions) about next year's show. Once I get some hard info on some of the plans I will post up a new thread.

Again that's an awesome vid! Also its on ESJA main page http://www.easternshorejeep.com/
VamosJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2011, 01:15 PM   #50
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

From the website:

Quote:
THURSDAY AUGUST 25TH THROUGH SUNDAY AUGUST 28TH OF 2011.
http://www.oceancityjeepweek.com/next-year-s-event.html

Is this accurate?
Unread 02-02-2011, 01:18 PM   #51
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
For now.

Sack was telling me how much $$ and all was lost in holding this show last year. He understands though its going to cost some $$ to get it off the ground but the problem is how much are they going to lose. haha.

We should find something out within the month on the details.
Unread 02-02-2011, 08:25 PM   #52
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosJEEP View Post
For now.

Sack was telling me how much $$ and all was lost in holding this show last year. He understands though its going to cost some $$ to get it off the ground but the problem is how much are they going to lose. haha.

We should find something out within the month on the details.
Even though it was next to McDonald's, I think there should have been local food vendors - pit beef, cheesesteaks, that kind of thing. They pay a little fee to set up their stand, and there's some money for the show. As many raffles as possible would be awesome and surely bring in money. It doesn't even have to be high-dollar stuff like the winch that was raffled off over the summer, it could be a tow rope or something. Bringing in more vendors would be great, for example Hyline Offroad from PA. (Side note, was Delmarva Offroad there? I don't remember) A reasonable entrance fee ($5, $10) to get your jeep in the show to be eligible for prizes. I know it's Jeep WEEK but the show is definitely the main attraction, along with the land tour. This might be a little far-fetched, but team up with PA Jeeps to promote the Ocean City show by handing out fliers or something in York during their show. They probably won't agree to that but who knows. Call up JP Magazine, Petersen's, Four Wheeler, all those mags, and convince them to come down, take some pictures, come to the land, and write an article. They frequently respond to stuff on their Facebook page. I'm sure all you guys have already talked about this stuff though.

The absolute coolest thing to do would be to have a parade on the boardwalk. I'm not sure who you have to know/sleep with to make that happen but it would be awesome.

Forgot to add - This is the Corvette club that somehow has a parade on the boardwalk every year
http://www.freestatecorvette.com/

Also - fliers at every off road shop within 1 million miles of ocean city
Unread 02-02-2011, 08:56 PM   #53
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

One of the things they has issues with is they couldnt sell anything in the HD parking lot. We (DOR) came with the buggy but were told that is about as much as we could do as a shop. If they could find an area to have the show and allow vendors it would work a lot better financially. We love to help out with local shows as it helps to show case some of our work and we can really get a feel for the local markets through them. Needless to say if the event happens again you will see us there!

I know a few guys that write for the big magazines and I am sure we could get an article if the event happens.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:03 PM   #54
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferrari View Post
One of the things they has issues with is they couldnt sell anything in the HD parking lot. We (DOR) came with the buggy but were told that is about as much as we could do as a shop.
Was Harley expecting to sell motorcycles to Jeepers and didn't want you to steal their thunder? Or was it some kind of OC law/regulation?
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:29 PM   #55
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

From my understanding that was at the request of HD.
Thanks to our Sponsors:

Delmarva Offroad
Unread 02-02-2011, 09:36 PM   #56
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferrari View Post
From my understanding that was at the request of HD.
you would be correct sir...

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
95wrangler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #57
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

We pretty much have covered everything you have talked about toms87. haha

We will probably have a vendor/club booth @ PA jeeps to promote. We would have last year but we weren't even approached before last years PA show to promote the OC show. The BBQ that was sponsored by the fire department @ Assateague was expensive. So I know for a fact sack will be interested in a less expensive alternative.

The biggest hurdle will be actually getting a solid location for the show. HD of OC is closed. They have moved in with HD of Seaford. Sack has been trying to find a location for next years show.

The one thing we got going for us in regards to the boardwalk parade is that Sack used to work for the Bike week guys and was president for them for quite a while. He actually got the approval for bikes on the boardwalk. With some work... and some time (politics) Jeep week will have a parade on the boardwalk.
Unread 02-03-2011, 10:19 AM   #58
95wrangler4life
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have to tell you, in my honest opinion, with them replacing the worn out boardwalk next year, i think its gonna be hard to get the jeeps on the new boardwalk.... Bikes dont weigh that much and the vets are pretty light was well and without our knobby tires... just my thought... I would love to see it how it is in Miami and jeeps on the beach in OC

Build thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...-dirty-894483/
95wrangler4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-03-2011, 11:09 AM   #59
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95wrangler4life View Post
I have to tell you, in my honest opinion, with them replacing the worn out boardwalk next year, i think its gonna be hard to get the jeeps on the new boardwalk.... Bikes dont weigh that much and the vets are pretty light was well and without our knobby tires... just my thought... I would love to see it how it is in Miami and jeeps on the beach in OC
We don't have plans anytime soon to get the boardwalk access. Like I said its going to take time to get that kinda access.

Beach access would be even harder to obtain.
Unread 02-09-2011, 06:26 PM   #60
4x4sam4x4
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I wish i knew about this!!
4x4sam4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.