Ocean City Jeep Week 2013 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Ocean City Jeep Week 2013

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 04-04-2013, 07:15 AM   #1
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Ocean City Jeep Week 2013

We have some really cool stuff cookin up this year. Beach crawl has been doubled in size, location for jeep show changed... for the better, and more obstacle courses to hit up. Keep your eyes on Oceancityjeepweek.com for up to the date changes.

Mark your calendars and reserve your spots at the Commander today!!!

Happy jeepin

-Erik

VamosJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #2
hboy828
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'll be there!
Unread 04-17-2013, 12:50 AM   #3
Joeyicu
1998 ZJ 

wow never knew this took place. Now I want to go. Will be a good consolation since I may end up missing cruising OC.
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.7 Limited - Wifey's stock haul rig - 1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.2 Limited - 3.5 "IRO, 31s, a full sound system, 2 row rad, E Fan, 5.9 Limited Grill, no muffler - 1990 Nissan 300zx NA 5spd - Stillen Catback, a full sound system, 18" Rota p45r's - 2003 Aprilia SL1000 Falco - Slip-On's, Arrow Chip, Airbox Mod - 1984 Ford F250 6.9 Diesel - 093 ATS Turbo Kit
Joeyicu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-18-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

I'm going there end of June! Hopefully something is going on so I can participate!
Unread 04-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #5
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtownsend View Post
I'm going there end of June! Hopefully something is going on so I can participate!
There won't be anything in June. OCJW is Thursday August 22nd through Sunday August 25th of 2013
Unread 04-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
davidtownsend
2006 WK 

I might just have to ask for some time off.
Unread 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #7
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

FYI Registration is open.

For those who missed out on last years beach parade, this year we are selecting 250 jeeps to participate via lottery. Send us your registration for the beach crawl and there will be a list posted on the site containing the 250 lucky jeepers who get to participate in the beach crawl.

www.oceancityjeepweek.com
Unread 06-03-2013, 07:43 AM   #8
digitalcox
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Looking forward on attending this again, had a blast last year.
Unread 06-03-2013, 09:41 AM   #9
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Might like to attend this if I still have the XJ by then.

I think I brought this up last year, not sure if anyone responded. When I had my XJ down in OC for cruisin' weekend in May a couple years back, I got pulled over twice within 5 hours of being in OC. First by a state trooper, who gave me fix-it tickets for a 3rd brake light out, lifted suspension, and tires sticking out beyond fenders. Hours later, I was cruising around near the inlet at maybe 20mph and got pulled by an OC cop, who hassled me for over 30 minutes. Gave me fines for no doors, bumpers too high, unsafe vehicle equipment and tags that were obstructed by bumper/spare tire. $350 in fines and said he'd tow my jeep if he saw me again. The OC cops were huge *******s to me when I was literally driving under the speed limit and enjoying the weather and other guys are racing and doing burnouts.

I hope this kind of enforcement doesn't happen at Jeep week, but my experience has kept me away from Ocean City with any sort of modded vehicle for quite a while. I should have filed a complaint with the city and fought the fines in court, but didn't want to go back out there for it. I saw them pulling over a few other lifted jeeps as well, but most of them were lifted like 8-10 inches. My XJ has a 5" lift on 35's, but the roof is at about 6' and the hood is no higher than my dad's stock F150. Definitely not going to attend if the city treats me like a criminal for coming to their area for the intended purpose.
Unread 06-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #10
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Some OC cops are pricks and others are ok with it as long as you're not being stupid. Sack has been in touch and has some good info in regards to doors, ect. Drop him a line about this and I am sure he has some info for ya. Sack@oceancityjeepweek.com

The personal experience I have has been positive overall. I have been down to OC countless times in my doorless, bumperless, mirrorless lifted ZJ without being pulled over once. *knock on wood* I know the law states that "You must have all original safety equipment" Which can be interpreted by each cop to mean something different. One guy could think Doors or mirrors and another could think of it as safety belts and original suspension components. It is a very gray area in regards to the OCPD.
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:16 AM   #11
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosJEEP View Post
The personal experience I have has been positive overall. I have been down to OC countless times in my doorless, bumperless, mirrorless lifted ZJ without being pulled over once. *knock on wood* I know the law states that "You must have all original safety equipment" Which can be interpreted by each cop to mean something different. One guy could think Doors or mirrors and another could think of it as safety belts and original suspension components. It is a very gray area in regards to the OCPD.
That's what pissed me off the most. A STATE TROOPER pulls me over and gives me a few fix-it tickets for the usual stuff. He hands me those tickets through my missing door (all 4 were off, but I do have a driver's side mirror), tells me to buckle up and be safe. You would think the state trooper would know the vehicle codes better than anyone and would have the higher authority.

I showed the tickets to the ******* OC cops and they just said "guess he didn't feel like doing his job" while handing me a bunch of fines. After giving me all kinds of **** about how my door hinges sticking out could be dangerous to people walking by (obviously not concerned with my safety since there are no doors), he gives me fines, which only make the city money and do nothing to keep it safer. Way to go, prick.

The ******* even questioned me about my H2 Recovery Team sticker. He's like "what's this, some sort of club?" It's a joke, moron. Obviously he had a Hummer and was butthurt. I had reeeeeeally had to hold my mouth back because I know he was waiting for a good reason to tow my jeep.
Unread 06-20-2013, 10:58 AM   #12
Bfinley
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Where is everyone staying?? I know 'The Commander' is super popular, but I am just wondering if there are other places that are maybe just as popular lol
Bfinley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2013, 07:00 PM   #13
harcoredneck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfinley View Post
Where is everyone staying?? I know 'The Commander' is super popular, but I am just wondering if there are other places that are maybe just as popular lol
i might be staying at pirates cove apartments since its like 250-275/person per week
harcoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2013, 09:37 AM   #14
ayycharlay92
2001 WJ 

Wj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bfinley View Post
im staying at seascape on 14th street, its cheap and decent. right on the boardwalk too
ayycharlay92 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:03 AM   #15
davidski
2007 KJ Liberty 

is this only a wrangler thing, will KJs be laughed out of town?
davidski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.