JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Maryland Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f362/)
-   -   Ocean City Jeep Week 2013 (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f362/ocean-city-jeep-week-2013-a-1503884/)

VamosJEEP 04-04-2013 07:15 AM

Ocean City Jeep Week 2013

http://cmdrsack.tripod.com/webonmedi...?1364994982936

We have some really cool stuff cookin up this year. Beach crawl has been doubled in size, location for jeep show changed... for the better, and more obstacle courses to hit up. Keep your eyes on Oceancityjeepweek.com for up to the date changes.

Mark your calendars and reserve your spots at the Commander today!!!

Happy jeepin

-Erik

hboy828 04-04-2013 04:22 PM

I'll be there!

Joeyicu 04-17-2013 12:50 AM

wow never knew this took place. Now I want to go. Will be a good consolation since I may end up missing cruising OC.

davidtownsend 04-18-2013 07:45 PM

I'm going there end of June! Hopefully something is going on so I can participate!

VamosJEEP 04-19-2013 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidtownsend (Post 15316212)
I'm going there end of June! Hopefully something is going on so I can participate!

There won't be anything in June. OCJW is Thursday August 22nd through Sunday August 25th of 2013

davidtownsend 04-19-2013 08:56 AM

I might just have to ask for some time off.

VamosJEEP 05-24-2013 09:00 AM

FYI Registration is open.

For those who missed out on last years beach parade, this year we are selecting 250 jeeps to participate via lottery. Send us your registration for the beach crawl and there will be a list posted on the site containing the 250 lucky jeepers who get to participate in the beach crawl.

www.oceancityjeepweek.com

digitalcox 06-03-2013 07:43 AM

Looking forward on attending this again, had a blast last year.

dcorn 06-03-2013 09:41 AM

Might like to attend this if I still have the XJ by then.

I think I brought this up last year, not sure if anyone responded. When I had my XJ down in OC for cruisin' weekend in May a couple years back, I got pulled over twice within 5 hours of being in OC. First by a state trooper, who gave me fix-it tickets for a 3rd brake light out, lifted suspension, and tires sticking out beyond fenders. Hours later, I was cruising around near the inlet at maybe 20mph and got pulled by an OC cop, who hassled me for over 30 minutes. Gave me fines for no doors, bumpers too high, unsafe vehicle equipment and tags that were obstructed by bumper/spare tire. $350 in fines and said he'd tow my jeep if he saw me again. The OC cops were huge *******s to me when I was literally driving under the speed limit and enjoying the weather and other guys are racing and doing burnouts.

I hope this kind of enforcement doesn't happen at Jeep week, but my experience has kept me away from Ocean City with any sort of modded vehicle for quite a while. I should have filed a complaint with the city and fought the fines in court, but didn't want to go back out there for it. I saw them pulling over a few other lifted jeeps as well, but most of them were lifted like 8-10 inches. My XJ has a 5" lift on 35's, but the roof is at about 6' and the hood is no higher than my dad's stock F150. Definitely not going to attend if the city treats me like a criminal for coming to their area for the intended purpose.

VamosJEEP 06-03-2013 11:15 AM

Some OC cops are pricks and others are ok with it as long as you're not being stupid. Sack has been in touch and has some good info in regards to doors, ect. Drop him a line about this and I am sure he has some info for ya. Sack@oceancityjeepweek.com

The personal experience I have has been positive overall. I have been down to OC countless times in my doorless, bumperless, mirrorless lifted ZJ without being pulled over once. *knock on wood* I know the law states that "You must have all original safety equipment" Which can be interpreted by each cop to mean something different. One guy could think Doors or mirrors and another could think of it as safety belts and original suspension components. It is a very gray area in regards to the OCPD.

dcorn 06-04-2013 06:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VamosJEEP (Post 15514020)
The personal experience I have has been positive overall. I have been down to OC countless times in my doorless, bumperless, mirrorless lifted ZJ without being pulled over once. *knock on wood* I know the law states that "You must have all original safety equipment" Which can be interpreted by each cop to mean something different. One guy could think Doors or mirrors and another could think of it as safety belts and original suspension components. It is a very gray area in regards to the OCPD.

That's what pissed me off the most. A STATE TROOPER pulls me over and gives me a few fix-it tickets for the usual stuff. He hands me those tickets through my missing door (all 4 were off, but I do have a driver's side mirror), tells me to buckle up and be safe. You would think the state trooper would know the vehicle codes better than anyone and would have the higher authority.

I showed the tickets to the ******* OC cops and they just said "guess he didn't feel like doing his job" while handing me a bunch of fines. After giving me all kinds of **** about how my door hinges sticking out could be dangerous to people walking by (obviously not concerned with my safety since there are no doors), he gives me fines, which only make the city money and do nothing to keep it safer. Way to go, prick.

The ******* even questioned me about my H2 Recovery Team sticker. He's like "what's this, some sort of club?" It's a joke, moron. Obviously he had a Hummer and was butthurt. I had reeeeeeally had to hold my mouth back because I know he was waiting for a good reason to tow my jeep.

Bfinley 06-20-2013 10:58 AM

Where is everyone staying?? I know 'The Commander' is super popular, but I am just wondering if there are other places that are maybe just as popular lol

harcoredneck 06-23-2013 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bfinley (Post 15585882)
Where is everyone staying?? I know 'The Commander' is super popular, but I am just wondering if there are other places that are maybe just as popular lol

i might be staying at pirates cove apartments since its like 250-275/person per week

ayycharlay92 06-25-2013 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bfinley (Post 15585882)

im staying at seascape on 14th street, its cheap and decent. right on the boardwalk too

davidski 07-01-2013 12:03 AM

is this only a wrangler thing, will KJs be laughed out of town?

The time now is 02:58 AM.