New guy, new XJ owner - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > New guy, new XJ owner

Save 15% in XT's Pre-Black Friday Event!FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #1
harleym3

Xj New guy, new XJ owner

I just bought a 2000 jeep cherokee sport. it has just under 39,000 miles on the odo (yeah very low miles). I'm hoping to get good feedback from this forum as it seems everytime i search for google help with jeeps, i am directed to this forum. I relied a lot on the help of forum members with my other vehicle and met a lot of cool, down to earth and knowledgable people.

I'm hoping you guys can suggest reputable jeep/4x4 shops to have my new jeep worked on. Since i'm new to MD from Orange County, CA, i will say that i'm in the Ellicott City/Columbia area for shop location purposes. i'll post up some pics of my car pretty soon.

-Harley

harleym3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:25 AM   #2
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Welcome. I posted up some time ago about local 4x shops. We're also in the process of collecting info about local junkyards. Hope you find what you need here.

clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:31 AM   #3
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Found it:

Hope this helps.

4X4 Shops:
Adrenaline Offroad, Burtonsville (Laurel), Md: Jeff Jurgrau, owner. Great guy, amazing prices, installs available, mild to wild. We've known Jeff for about 10 years. Always supports the local clubs with prizes for holiday parties, special events, etc. Plus, he's a Jeeper and competes in the RCrocs events and is a life-long Big Dogs sponsor.
Welcome to Adrenaline Off Road LLC.

Adventurous 4x4 & Speed, Hagerstown, Md: Randy Wood, owner, Wayne Kendel, co-owner. I haven't had the opportunity to purchase from Randy, but we have wheeled with him. Amazing guy, always helped out at any large event we put on. From Wayne: "The Adventurous 4x4 website is going to be updated over the next few months and will have over 1000 products added to the site."
Adventurous 4x4 & SPEED

Appalachian Offroad, Westminster, Md: Mike Bosley, owner. Again, great guy, does amazing custom work with whatever you bring him: cages, axles, motor/tranny/t-case swap, buggy builds. They do it all and are extremely reasonable.
Appalachian Off Road -

DelMarVa Offroad, Salisbury, Md: Mike Ferrari, owner. Sounds like a broken record, but Mike will do whatever he can to help you out. From custom CNC machining to simple gear installs, as well as nearly any product you can find in a catalogue, DOR can get it for you as well as install it.
Delmarva Offroad

Mid-Atlantic 4x4 and Speed, Glen Burnie, Md Very over-priced, cannot recommend them as I've seen lots of shoddy lift installs from that place. If you need to buy hard parts, (U-bolts, Hubs, etc), they may have them in stock. I'd have to say they are a 'speed' shop first that sells some 4x4 parts.
Mid Atlantic 4x4 & Speed 410-766-2727 MID4x4.com

Steig Brothers, Mt Airy, Md: Josh and Sean Steig, owners, ASE trained Jeep mechanics by day, Jeep mod magicians by night. If it's a jeep and either has an issue, needs maintenance, gear/ lift install, motor swap or a complete restoration, these guys are amazing.
Please PM for number, as I use his personal cell

Trick Trucks Lots of these places around. Used to get my hard parts from the one in Edgewater since a buddy was a manager there. Fairly good selection on tires and wheels, used to have blems and tire deals every once in a while. Haven't been to one since the late 90's, so I can't comment on any current status of the business.
Trick Trucks :: Truck Accessories, Equipment, Parts, Caps

Specific shops:
Perry Hall Power Equipment, Baltimore, Md Used them to cut down some axles tubes and rebuild a driveshaft. Good work, pricey, and it takes a little while to get stuff back. Good work though.
(410) 391-2300

A1 Driveshafts, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. If you broke a driveshaft, need one lengthened, shortened or rebalanced, they'll do it. Great stuff. Annapolis Auto Parts delivers to their shop, so a trip to A1 isn't always necessary.
A-1 Drive Shaft - Driveshafts * Front Wheel Drive Axles * Rack & Pinions

Napa Auto parts Lots around. We get our Warn locking hubs there. Very cheap.
NAPA Online
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:33 AM   #4
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Found it:

Hope this helps.

4X4 Shops:
Adrenaline Offroad, Burtonsville (Laurel), Md: Jeff Jurgrau, owner. Great guy, amazing prices, installs available, mild to wild. We've known Jeff for about 10 years. Always supports the local clubs with prizes for holiday parties, special events, etc. Plus, he's a Jeeper and competes in the RCrocs events and is a life-long Big Dogs sponsor.
Welcome to Adrenaline Off Road LLC.

Adventurous 4x4 & Speed, Hagerstown, Md: Randy Wood, owner, Wayne Kendel, co-owner. I haven't had the opportunity to purchase from Randy, but we have wheeled with him. Amazing guy, always helped out at any large event we put on. From Wayne: "The Adventurous 4x4 website is going to be updated over the next few months and will have over 1000 products added to the site."
Adventurous 4x4 & SPEED

Appalachian Offroad, Westminster, Md: Mike Bosley, owner. Again, great guy, does amazing custom work with whatever you bring him: cages, axles, motor/tranny/t-case swap, buggy builds. They do it all and are extremely reasonable.
Appalachian Off Road -

DelMarVa Offroad, Salisbury, Md: Mike Ferrari, owner. Sounds like a broken record, but Mike will do whatever he can to help you out. From custom CNC machining to simple gear installs, as well as nearly any product you can find in a catalogue, DOR can get it for you as well as install it.
Delmarva Offroad

Mid-Atlantic 4x4 and Speed, Glen Burnie, Md Very over-priced, cannot recommend them as I've seen lots of shoddy lift installs from that place. If you need to buy hard parts, (U-bolts, Hubs, etc), they may have them in stock. I'd have to say they are a 'speed' shop first that sells some 4x4 parts.
Mid Atlantic 4x4 & Speed 410-766-2727 MID4x4.com

Steig Brothers, Mt Airy, Md: Josh and Sean Steig, owners, ASE trained Jeep mechanics by day, Jeep mod magicians by night. If it's a jeep and either has an issue, needs maintenance, gear/ lift install, motor swap or a complete restoration, these guys are amazing.
Please PM for number, as I use his personal cell

Trick Trucks Lots of these places around. Used to get my hard parts from the one in Edgewater since a buddy was a manager there. Fairly good selection on tires and wheels, used to have blems and tire deals every once in a while. Haven't been to one since the late 90's, so I can't comment on any current status of the business.
Trick Trucks :: Truck Accessories, Equipment, Parts, Caps

Specific shops:
Perry Hall Power Equipment, Baltimore, Md Used them to cut down some axles tubes and rebuild a driveshaft. Good work, pricey, and it takes a little while to get stuff back. Good work though.
(410) 391-2300

A1 Driveshafts, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. If you broke a driveshaft, need one lengthened, shortened or rebalanced, they'll do it. Great stuff. Annapolis Auto Parts delivers to their shop, so a trip to A1 isn't always necessary.
A-1 Drive Shaft - Driveshafts * Front Wheel Drive Axles * Rack & Pinions

Napa Auto parts Lots around. We get our Warn locking hubs there. Very cheap.
NAPA Online
Unread 01-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #5
harleym3

Thanks man, thats the kind of help I was hoping to get!
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:17 PM   #6
harleym3

I said I would post pics, so here they are: new project and old project(still in work too and yeah the M is dirty, been busy).

1. New Tires
2. Maryland State Inspection
3. Preventative Maintenance (stable platform to work with)
4. Light tint all around
5. OR Fab Front bumper/ Rear Tube bumper/ Extra lights up front
6. Upgraded Stereo + speakers
7. Get the exhaust system breathing correctly and aggressively
8. OME 3" lift
9. Blacked out wheels +conservative 30's BFG
10. Thule MOAB roof rack
11. stickers that add tons of horsepower
12. maybe paint it black down the road next year

Last edited by harleym3; 01-16-2012 at 07:39 PM..
harleym3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.