JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Maryland Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f362/)
-   -   Need to pass inspection? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f362/need-pass-inspection-1523454/)

Bear6 05-14-2013 06:30 PM

Need to pass inspection?

What's up everyone! I just bought my first vehicle. A 2001 60th Anniversary Edition Wrangler. The Jeep came with a ton of mods and a lot of after market parts. It has a 4" skyjacker suspension lift and a 1 inch body lift. Sitting on 35's. I took it to the shop down the street from me last week to have it inspected and it failed. The guy came back and told me 1. The wheels are "too big" 2. It needs a tail pipe and 3. The day lighter fog lights were too high. I'm not really worried about the pipe or the lights because thoes are easy fixes. I did some research and couldn't find any maximum tire size limits in Maryland. I called the local Jeep specially shop and asked them about it. They told me the wheels are fine as long as they are covered by the fenders. Then the dude goes on to tell me that it can't have more then 1 lift kit on it to pass! I can't really find any info about it or any rules about having more than one lift. Someone help me out and point me in the right way to go to get this worked out so I can pass inspection. Give me some good shop recommendations around Baltimore Md area! I want to get this thing on the road!

ecollins7 05-16-2013 05:55 AM

Give adams jeep a call. They are located in Aberdeen harford county and specialize in offroad stuff.

Bear6 05-16-2013 11:04 AM

They're the ones who told me I can't have 2 lift kits and that one will have I be removed in order to pass...

Bear6 05-16-2013 11:05 AM

Have to be removed*

I've never heard of this rule before :mad:

KyleSekora 05-17-2013 03:43 PM

Deleted due misread post.

Jonathanjr1 05-17-2013 04:00 PM

You only have 1 lift the bl are just after market body mount bushings. Just go to another shop. That guy just wanted to take your money for simple things to fix.

dcorn 06-03-2013 09:44 AM

I've gotten a fix-it ticket from a state trooper for lifted suspension. However, my XJ passed inspection with a 3" lift and 32" tires, and my old integra passed with coilovers and tucking tire on all 4 corners lol. The inspector guy was like "kinda low, isn't it?" (The previous owner was a jersey ****** riding around on the bumpstops, and the coil perches were seized)

Siva283 07-25-2013 11:51 AM

Go to a different shop. Search some threads for known off road friendly shops. Your KC's arent used on the road so should be a non issue. If the tires are inside the flares they are legal. You can have as many types of lift as you want. There is a guy mike on here that works at Adams jeep. You can find him in the trails road thread so you can talk to him as well. Maybe he can help.

Siva283 07-25-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dcorn (Post 15513670)
I've gotten a fix-it ticket from a state trooper for lifted suspension. However, my XJ passed inspection with a 3" lift and 32" tires, and my old integra passed with coilovers and tucking tire on all 4 corners lol. The inspector guy was like "kinda low, isn't it?" (The previous owner was a jersey ****** riding around on the bumpstops, and the coil perches were seized)

The state trooper was a ******. I would have faught it. Technically maryland has no suspension laws. You can modify it any way you want. Unfortunatly no inspectors seem to realize this.

10Xk 08-22-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Siva283

The state trooper was a ******. I would have faught it. Technically maryland has no suspension laws. You can modify it any way you want. Unfortunatly no inspectors seem to realize this.

There is a loophole law in Maryland, google it.

mason93 08-23-2013 12:39 PM

To the best of my knowledge, the only laws we have regarding lift/tires are that 1. the tires have to be covered and 2. your bumper/frame cannot be above a certain height which I think is 28 inches.

Call up Appalachian offroad in Westminster. I dont know if they do inspections but they may be able to answer some questions for you.

Siva283 08-23-2013 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 10Xk (Post 15825430)
There is a loophole law in Maryland, google it.

If I google loophole law Maryland I am get gazillions of results. Can you be a little more specific.

10Xk 08-23-2013 09:26 PM

http://www.fourwheeler.com/how-to/su...-need-to-know/

The time now is 11:12 PM.