Need help to pass MD safety inspection - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Need help to pass MD safety inspection

WIN a Rough Country Forged Track Bar - ExtremeTerrain!FREE, FREE, FREE EVENT!! Save big on Lockers now till ApriJKS Grand Cherokee WJ, Adjustable Front Trackbar 1"-6

Unread 11-25-2015, 03:57 PM   #1
Bryon01

Need help to pass MD safety inspection

Just moved my TJ Rubicon from CA, nearly every section of the state inspection has something that has failed. I was really hoping to get some help from someone local to pass.

My wheels failed, as they are 35's. Apparently that is reason enough.
My fenders failed, especially given that I am on 35's
My odometer failed, as I never reprogrammed the computer for 35's, and don't want to now as I am putting in 5.13's as soon as I can get my vehicle registered.

I believe all of these could be remedied or helped if someone would let me rent a set of 31" tires (stock rubicons or aftermarkets) for a day.

I also failed for having tint on my windows. I don't think it is darker than 35%, however they didn't write what it was just that I fail for having it on my doors.

If someone had half height doors, I have clear soft top windows (if even needed) or is someone would let me rent a no-tint set of doors for a day. I'm assuming I can't just remove the doors and go try and pass like that.

My jeep is in Odenton, MD, and I would greatly appreciate any help. Whomever is willing to rent me these parts I will be happy to leave you my wheels/doors as collateral until I return.

If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it. Please reply or PM me if willing.

Thanks,
Bryon

Bryon01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.