MD trails extinct?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > MD trails extinct??

ECGS Black Friday Sale!!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!50 in light bar /A pillar mount less than 500 at JeepHut.c

Unread 05-21-2011, 11:45 PM   #1
bigrk51
2000 TJ Wrangler 

MD trails extinct??

Stumbled across this today when i was planning a few weekend camping/ leisure trail rides for the family...
http://outdoornewsdaily.com/index.php/archives/18181
I've grown up hunting and riding Green Ridge and Savage River so this comes as a huge low blow to me.
Just keepin everyone updated on our sub par and dwindling trail systems

bigrk51 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-22-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f362/...ments-1190392/
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #3
epeck87
2000 TJ Wrangler 

this really is upsetting. i hope they come to a solution soon cuz im getting tired of driving 3 hours to rausch every time i wanna go wheeling and even trails rd is a hour from me. greenridge and poplar lick were not wheeling trails. you could do thise trails in 2wd and not have a problem. i would really like to see some challenging trails open up in the area where we can go offroading legally.
Unread 07-09-2011, 08:07 PM   #4
cougar2

Hey Ya'll -
You might want to consider getting together for our event this late fall 2011. We are hosting an off-road Jeep event here in our park (www.pennscave.com). It will be the weekend of:
11/4-6/2011. We have donated the use of our 35 miles of private mountain off-road trails for this event. Also,, part of the registration fee's will be going to the www.wildlifeforeveryone.org foundation ... a great cause = "wildlife & the environment" ... treading lightly ,, of course
We are currently in the process of assembling an event team. Registration will open sometime in August for this event. Look for event info. in the Northeast post area of this forum (Pennsylvania). It will be listed either as "No Roads Necessary", etc. -or- as:
"The Howling Wolf Mountain Run - 2011" at Penn's Cave, PA ~~~
cougar2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-09-2011, 08:10 PM   #5
cougar2

ps. Also - this will be a great event to attend even if you do not like to take your rig off-road. Convoy in with your jeep & family ... there will be a designated area (to park) for anyone who is not going out on the trails. Additionally ,, there is a semi off-road (gravel roads) beautiful scenic tour route through through a local state park that folks could go out on, too - (opposed to heading out on the "Howling Wolf" mountain off-road trails) ,, etc. ~~~
Unread 07-10-2011, 05:24 PM   #6
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougar2 View Post
Hey Ya'll -
You might want to consider getting together for our event this late fall 2011. We are hosting an off-road Jeep event here in our park (www.pennscave.com). It will be the weekend of:
11/4-6/2011. We have donated the use of our 35 miles of private mountain off-road trails for this event. . .
How difficult are the trails?
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2011, 01:26 PM   #7
cougar2

A beginner to advanced off-road track / trails course that was put in and used by Hummer dealers back in 2003-08 time frame. The course has not been used since 2008. We are in the process of bringing it back to life ... updating & adding new trails , too ~~~

Note => We are not an off-road park. This is an excellent venue to bring your family along for the weekend. Hang out with your family & friends, do a little off-roading and check out the cave & wildlife park, etc. ~~~
Unread 07-20-2011, 08:50 AM   #8
ltdanyj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you Cougar!!!!! Lookin' forward to registering for this event!!!
"Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945
ltdanyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-21-2011, 06:33 PM   #9
cougar2

You got it !!!
The event team is putting together a fun packed couple of days for everyone ... plenty to do for all from beginner to expert. Everyone will be able to have a great time !!!
If you know any Jeepers who love mud, the last morning of the event will end with a kick-butt 3-4 hour mud pit competition. If you don't like mud - no worries ... this will be AWESOME just to watch !!!
Look for an official schedule to be posted next week under the Title of:
"No Roads" Necessary @ the "Howling Wolf" Mountain Run, Penn's Cave - PA !!
Thank-you for your interest in this event
Unread 08-05-2011, 12:58 AM   #10
brittonwj
1997 ZJ 

this my friends is utter ****ing horse ****!
brittonwj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.