MD people? - Page 503 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > MD people?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 07-28-2013, 08:18 AM   #7531
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

So I'm back home. I was the NE Regional Manager for AEV. I just left and have come back to Adams Jeep in Aberdeen. It was a awesome job but the travel was really hard on my wife and I. I'm doing some fun stuff at Adams now so watch on Facebook each month I have a trip to Rausch Creek planned. It will be green and blue trails only. The groups are limited to 10 drivers only but you can have as many passengers as you have seat belts for. This is not a attempt to sell anything it's just a way to maybe bring Jeeps together and go wheeling. Leaving AEV wasn't easy and i got paid to wheel, why not create that same type of job at Adams Jeep? Now I just work for a local small dealer which could save money on membership cost as well as daily use passes. I'm working with a few of the guys at Rausch to help members of my trips out. These trips will be mostly a fun run and learning experience. Jeeps of all sizes and experiences are welcome. I love when totally stock Jeeps come along or totally new driver sign up. It's about fun and not about the coolest Jeep. I hope to see some of you guys on the trail. You can contact me through here or at adams Jeep (410) 879-5800. You can also reach me via Facebook through Adams Jeep's page.

Another bummer about leaving AEV was I had to give my company Jeep back... But I still have my other 3! Lol

I've been working on my YJ. I just did all new seats from Bestop, (Trailmax Pro II) and AEV Pintler Bead locks with 285/70/R17 MTR's. this will be my trail Jeep for awhile.

Unread 07-28-2013, 07:52 PM   #7532
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Legore bridge is now closed to the public. Everyone can thank a teenager in an old beat up silverado that was back there tearing things up and dumping trash. Its now written permission only. The owner has gotten fed up with the general disrespect of the property lately. There is now a state troopee/game warden that patrols regularly to hand out 500 fines

Sent from my SPH-L300 using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #7533
fdkss03
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siva283 View Post
Legore bridge is now closed to the public. Everyone can thank a teenager in an old beat up silverado that was back there tearing things up and dumping trash. Its now written permission only. The owner has gotten fed up with the general disrespect of the property lately. There is now a state troopee/game warden that patrols regularly to hand out 500 fines

Do you have the land owners name? I would like to organize a cleanup down there that I can have my club do for him...

Element Offroad/MD Jeeps
fdkss03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #7534
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

A clean-up would be nice, but I can only assume he doesn't want anyone on that property anymore...
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #7535
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Nope damage is done. You can only go down with written permission now and he doeant plan on giving it to people he hasn't known for a long time. There are camera up now too. He is pissed. I was down yesterday and the trails are rutted really deep place is trashed. The few people that have written permission only got to keep it if we agreed to take out atleast one bag of garbage each time we are down there and qprk on filling in all the deep ruts. Sorrybut this one is def off the list and closed for good.

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Unread 07-29-2013, 05:46 PM   #7536
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

I have never been there. I never really planned on it but this is happening everywhere. I just helped close down trails I had permission to run on locally. I say shut it all down, advise DNR and just make the trip to sanctioned off road parks. I'm not saying I've never ran on private land. When I was a kid I didn't know any better. But it's like all I see is issues with people now. My buddies and I never got in trouble or "messed anything up other then getting stuck on a rock or something. No land owners called the cops or had to close anything. The trails I ran got closed because they're houses now.
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #7537
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg576 View Post
I have never been there. I never really planned on it but this is happening everywhere. I just helped close down trails I had permission to run on locally. I say shut it all down, advise DNR and just make the trip to sanctioned off road parks. I'm not saying I've never ran on private land. When I was a kid I didn't know any better. But it's like all I see is issues with people now. My buddies and I never got in trouble or "messed anything up other then getting stuck on a rock or something. No land owners called the cops or had to close anything. The trails I ran got closed because they're houses now.
The only reason I even go back anymore is because my fav spot to fish is back there. I jave written permission though. I agree people are nice and let people wheel on thier land and them they disrespect them and ruin it for everyone. Its sad that it has come to this.

Unread 07-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #7538
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

It is sad. Thanks for posting this. Maybe this will show some people that there are consequences for acting like this.
Unread 07-29-2013, 06:55 PM   #7539
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

You have more faith then me I figure a few will have to be fined. I talked the the state trooper for about an hour and gave gim info on a few offenders that I happen to het pics of the tags. He can't really do anything since he didn't catxh them in the act but I bet some parents will be a little pissed at thier kids. But there's cc cameras now I will also continue to report people. I don't want to not he allowed to my fishing spot lol. 9 small mouth in 2 hours its some awesome fishing. Hopefully atleast a few will learn though

Unread 07-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #7540
kuzican
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg576
just make the trip to sanctioned off road parks.
This is what I've decided to do. We have a decent local spot, but some big trucks and guys on four wheelers have been tearing it up a lot recently. The only reason I might go back there is just to campout or whatever.

I've only been wheeling at Rausch Creek recently. I have yet to go to the parks in VA

Red Cloud is only a little past DC, and there's several others.

If i ever find or learn of another local spot I'm Keeping it to myself and whoever I go wheeling with, and of course making sure it's legal.

MOJO Jeeps
kuzican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:35 AM   #7541
cmecha
2006 TJ Wrangler 

isn't legore state property? also i thought it was open to fisherman not for wheeling.
Unread 07-31-2013, 06:56 AM   #7542
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmecha View Post
isn't legore state property? also i thought it was open to fisherman not for wheeling.
No its private property. He will still let you fisj bit you must park on the side of the road. You cannot park in the parking area at the bottom of the driveway anymore.

Unread 08-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #7543
Joeyicu
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_shirey View Post
Another jeep.
Have one in mind?
Unread 08-05-2013, 05:28 PM   #7544
kuzican
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyicu

Have one in mind?
He ended up not getting another Jeep

MOJO Jeeps
kuzican is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-09-2013, 02:07 AM   #7545
Joeyicu
1998 ZJ 

good. To bad for someone else his truck was a really good deal.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.