Maryland OHV Trails meeting/ comments - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Maryland OHV Trails meeting/ comments

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 04-19-2011, 10:11 AM   #46
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Well, they posted the list of people that showed up on April 7th, maybe one of them knows what's going on.
http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/land/MD_...orvmeeting.pdf

Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #47
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Got this email today

Quote:
Greeting fellow trail enthusiasts! There is a lot going on:

·In case you hadn’t heard about it, National Trails Day is this Saturday - June 4, 2011. To see a list of Events in Maryland - go to the American Hiking Society’s Webpage and check out 35 events being held in Maryland. http://www.americanhiking.org/NTD.aspx

·From the Boating Services group in DNR Water Trails Newsletter – Don’t miss the boat! See list of events on the water commemorating National Trails Day.

·June 11th 2011 is National Go Outdoors Day checkout their Website which supports First Lady Michelle Obama’sLet’s Move Outsidecampaign.

·In celebration of Maryland’s wealth of natural resources and exciting recreational opportunities, Governor Martin O’Malley has proclaimed the month of June “Great Outdoors Month” in Maryland. – Check it out: http://www.dnr.state.md.us/dnrnews/p...9/060109a.html http://www.chesapeakefamily.com/Blog...th-in-maryland

·Need some more good ideas? Check out DNR Online’s Calendar anytime

·Off-Road Vehicle Update: DNR had to close three popular ORV Trails due to damage to the adjacent resources. However, the Department is forming an ORV Stakeholder Workgroup to assist in the identification of new trail opportunities and has launched a new Webpage to simplify access to ORV information on DNR lands. Read the Latest Press Release

·Help Maryland Plant Trees! Last year, thanks to your help our State was third in the United States and raised over $17,000 for our Parks. Please continue to Vote to plant a tree in Maryland. It’s free! http://odwalla.com/plantatree/

·Maryland Trails is planning to host another round of Regional Roundtable meetings this Fall. We are looking for host sights and sponsors. If you want to help or host, please email us with your ideas.

Have a great Summer! See you out on the trails!

The Md Trails Summit Team

The "latest press release" is from May 6th. What a joke.
Unread 06-02-2011, 01:05 PM   #48
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Sadly I think the parks that allowed for trails help give people an outlet for off roading... if they close them down, I think people will just find ways to do it anyway.
BFG AT 31's | BDS 2" Lift | JKS Quick Disco's | Zone Rear Sway Links | TeraFlex 1/2" Drop+Washer | Warn M8000 | Viking 80' 3/8 Synthetic w/ Safety Thimble | Viking 350 Fairlead | MetalCloak AL Bumper | 99 Durango Steering Box | Uniden 520 CB w/ 3' FireStik | ebay header | Magnaflow Mid-Cat | Banks Cat-back | XJ Steering Linkage | Hella Black Magic (x4)
2011 Patriot FD1
tjwrangler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #49
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I received that as well. The update is . . .well, no update.

Except:
"The Department recognizes that ORV trails and riding are an important part of the Maryland outdoor recreation community and pledges to identify new and improved trail locations. Options include several privately owned sites with ‘ready to ride’ trail systems in place that could be purchased or leased by DNR and/or our partners to provide public ORV trail access. DNR is also considering several existing public land locations for inclusion in this new trail evaluation process."

Test rides anyone? It's a long shot, but I'm sending an email . . .

The leader of the 'stakeholders' group is Paul Peditto:

Paul A. Peditto, (410) 260-8549
Director, DNR Wildlife and Heritage Service,
Tawes State Office Building E-1, Annapolis, MD, 21401,
e-mail: ppeditto@dnr.state.md.us
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 03:38 PM   #50
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

If you get a response from him that would make you think that he read/would read your email let us know because i'll send one too.
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 04:15 PM   #51
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

i dont get it, they are worried about some creek or stream right? why not just build a metal bridge for those crossings?

I am guessing theres more to it... but this is just annoying...
BFG AT 31's | BDS 2" Lift | JKS Quick Disco's | Zone Rear Sway Links | TeraFlex 1/2" Drop+Washer | Warn M8000 | Viking 80' 3/8 Synthetic w/ Safety Thimble | Viking 350 Fairlead | MetalCloak AL Bumper | 99 Durango Steering Box | Uniden 520 CB w/ 3' FireStik | ebay header | Magnaflow Mid-Cat | Banks Cat-back | XJ Steering Linkage | Hella Black Magic (x4)
2011 Patriot FD1
tjwrangler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-02-2011, 04:40 PM   #52
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjwrangler99 View Post
i dont get it, they are worried about some creek or stream right? why not just build a metal bridge for those crossings?

I am guessing theres more to it... but this is just annoying...
I think it's 2 things - runoff from the trails and politics.
Unread 06-03-2011, 04:40 AM   #53
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo21 View Post
If you get a response from him that would make you think that he read/would read your email let us know because i'll send one too.
Will do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
I think it's 2 things - runoff from the trails and politics.
And money. There was a caveat in there that stated that the property was also used for logging.
Unread 06-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #54
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

GREAT NEWS!!!

Just received an email from Paul Peditto:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Peditto, DNR Manager/ ORV Stakeholder Workgroup
" . . . members have been named members for the ORV Stakeholder Workgroup. This group will guide us in determining possible locations for new ORV trails in MD. As mentioned in our last message, we intend to meet quarterly with a goal of identifying at least one new trail system in the next twelve months. This will require several on-site meetings in the field at locations worthy of consideration.

This workgroup will include non-riders but our focus will be on development of new ORV trail riding opportunities so please keep that in mind as it will mean a majority of members will be trail riders (including larger street-legal 4x4's, atvs, side-by-sides, dirt bikes -- dual-purpose and otherwise; and snowmobiles).

Thank you one and all of your input and patience thus far; and thank you in advance to our workgroup members for their time and attention. I anticipate our first meeting will occur in July so please reply by the end of this week so we can begin planning for our first visit."
There's about 18 people from all different ends of the offroad spectrum making up this committee. I'll keep you guys updated as far as the next step, whether it be labor while cutting trails or answering polls and writing letters.

Thanks for everything you have done so far. Hopefully we'll see on OHV park in Md soon.

Unread 06-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #55
dukie564
1995 XJ Cherokee 

sweet man thanks for the update. Let us know what we can do to help this go though asap.
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/project-danger-cart-xj-1297118/
dukie564 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 06:09 AM   #56
04jeep_gc
2004 WJ 

If i mailed back the orv sticker i got for my atv back in january do you think they would refund me my 15 bucks?
Thats some weird stuff rite there remind me not to wheel alone in kentuckey.
04jeep_gc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-08-2011, 08:51 AM   #57
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I doubt it, seeing as how it is July. You could always call the ranger's office and see if they'll pro-rate it since they closed the park in March/ April.
Unread 07-08-2011, 10:04 AM   #58
CmmdrDan

Willing to help cut trails if need be. As I like a little bit of a wider trail..got to keep my pretty boy jeep..pretty!
CmmdrDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-10-2011, 04:31 PM   #59
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Latest update:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Md DNR

The Green Ridge ORV Trail is permanently closed.

ORV Trails Status - Updated

Effective immediately, the Maryland Department of Natural Resources (DNR)
has permanently closed three of the State's off-road vehicle (ORV) trails;
the Green Ridge Trail at Green Ridge State Forest, Chandler Trail at
Pocomoke State Forest, and Poplar Lick Trail at Savage River State Forest.

These trails had been temporarily closed pending the results of a forest
certification audit. The decision is based on the results of environmental
assessments conducted by the Department and the results of our recent forest certification audit. That audit completed last week is part of the State's
effort to receive dual certification for all three western Maryland State
Forests - a move that will protect the $950 million western Maryland forest
products industry, which employs 9,200 people.
Unread 07-10-2011, 04:57 PM   #60
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

This says it was a press release from May 6th...?
http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/dnrnews/pressrelease2011/050611b.asp

Or did they edit an old press release?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.