Maryland OHV Trails meeting/ comments - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Maryland OHV Trails meeting/ comments

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 04-07-2011, 01:53 PM   #31
jfiedler
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms87
looking forward to seeing what comes of today's meeting.
x2

jfiedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-09-2011, 07:24 PM   #32
thenewguy21
2000 TJ Wrangler 

any news?
thenewguy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #33
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'll update when I can, but you guys can stay informed through the Department of Natural Resources. They like to schedule things during the week quite often so those closer to the parks may have a better opportunity to attend meetings, clean-ups, etc.

Here's the link:

DNR Trails Mailing List
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 06:38 PM   #34
Davetopay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Was just up there today and there are signs all over the place about it being CLOSED as of April 24.

The condition of the trail wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It looked as if some parts had some work done to them. Grading, drainage direction, and filling of washouts and mud holes with gravel.
Davetopay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #35
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetopay View Post
Was just up there today and there are signs all over the place about it being CLOSED as of April 24.

The condition of the trail wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It looked as if some parts had some work done to them. Grading, drainage direction, and filling of washouts and mud holes with gravel.
Why? aren't those just parts of the trail?
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 08:54 PM   #36
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo21 View Post
Why? aren't those just parts of the trail?
No, the trail is not intended to be challenging.
Toms87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2011, 09:15 PM   #37
Davetopay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
No, the trail is not intended to be challenging.
Exactly. The washouts are a result of erosion caused by rain run off. They can help make it more fun to drive around, but are a problem to streams and rivers if the sediment is not controlled. This along with the ranger's inability to easily access the camp sites is a major concern with the DNR as well.

Personally I'd like to have some challenges added to the area, but I doubt that will happen.
Unread 04-10-2011, 09:42 PM   #38
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBDEEP View Post
I'll update when I can, but you guys can stay informed through the Department of Natural Resources. They like to schedule things during the week quite often so those closer to the parks may have a better opportunity to attend meetings, clean-ups, etc.

Here's the link:

DNR Trails Mailing List
I signed up for it but didn't receive a confirmation email or anything. Does it just put you on a mailing list or something? It also didn't say address or phone number was mandatory so I skipped that stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davetopay View Post
Exactly. The washouts are a result of erosion caused by rain run off. They can help make it more fun to drive around, but are a problem to streams and rivers if the sediment is not controlled. This along with the ranger's inability to easily access the camp sites is a major concern with the DNR as well.

Personally I'd like to have some challenges added to the area, but I doubt that will happen.
We need dedicated ORV trails, as in, not access roads and not open to dirtbikes or quads.

Edit: Nothing against dirbikes and quads but full size vehicles obviously need different and more challenging trails and terrain than dirtbikes.
Unread 04-17-2011, 03:36 AM   #39
DullesJeep
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Subscribing to this thread as well.
DullesJeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 11:15 AM   #40
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Has anyone who signed up for the mailing list received anything yet?
Unread 04-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #41
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Has anyone who signed up for the mailing list received anything yet?
I signed up and supplied all the info they requested, but I have got nothing back at all.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2011, 12:43 PM   #42
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I have not heard any updates since the April 7th DNR ride/ trails audit at Green Ridge. We are looking for some announcement from DNR following that ride.

I am unsure if that mailing list is a for periodic updates or weekly communications.

If I find anything out in the meantime, I'll let everyone know.

It is Maryland, so you know things will not get fast-tracked. . . .
Unread 04-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #43
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I sent an email in this morning to the DNR Director and a separate committee member.

"Has there been any recent updates as far as Green Ridge? Is Maryland continuing to look at new avenues to open for OHV possibilities?

Thanks for any updates.

-Jason"

Latest update from DNR (6:00pm Monday 4/18):

"We are continuing to look for new opportunities, but no new developments at this point. Thank you for your continued interest."

John F. Wilson
Associate Director
Stewardship
Land Acquisition & Planning
Tawes State Office Building E-4
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
(410) 260-8412

Reply from other committee member:

"No updates. And no, they aren't unless we bring them the opportunities. And even at that, they have thrown up a lot of roadblocks to opening new trails.

I went to a citizens meeting out in Garrett County and their local State Senator (Edwards) and the State Delegate are looking into this.

I wouldn't be very hopeful.
"

Unread 04-18-2011, 10:27 PM   #44
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thank you for your continued interest? As if people are going to lose interest? What do they do all day in that office? Fill out crossword puzzles and look at funny pictures of cats? Besides being condescending, it sounds like these people held that one meeting and are using it as an excuse to be totally inactive.
Unread 04-19-2011, 05:09 AM   #45
Davetopay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Thank you for your continued interest? As if people are going to lose interest? What do they do all day in that office? Fill out crossword puzzles and look at funny pictures of cats? Besides being condescending, it sounds like these people held that one meeting and are using it as an excuse to be totally inactive.
Exactly. By enacting the closures without any announcement, they got everyone mad, so they held the "meeting" and fed everyone a bunch of lip service about being concerned and wanting to listen to us. They know that the number of people who are really concerned about keeping PUBLIC land open to the PUBLIC is rather small compared to the total number of voters. They also know that if the story is thrown out in the media for mass consumption that it will be presented so as to make US look like the bad guys and play towards the "green sentiment". Essentially they are just waiting for us to go away.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.