Maryland OHV Trails meeting/ comments - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Maryland OHV Trails meeting/ comments

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 04-05-2011, 10:02 AM   #16
tjwrangler99
1999 TJ Wrangler 

(moved comment to MD people thread)

We'll im glad the state is working to solve the problem, and cares about the off road crowd...

BFG AT 31's | BDS 2" Lift | JKS Quick Disco's | Zone Rear Sway Links | TeraFlex 1/2" Drop+Washer | Warn M8000 | Viking 80' 3/8 Synthetic w/ Safety Thimble | Viking 350 Fairlead | MetalCloak AL Bumper | 99 Durango Steering Box | Uniden 520 CB w/ 3' FireStik | ebay header | Magnaflow Mid-Cat | Banks Cat-back | XJ Steering Linkage | Hella Black Magic (x4)
2011 Patriot FD1
tjwrangler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #17
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
I've never been to coca cola either. Is it really that small? Western Maryland is great and I would definitely make the drive if more trails are opened up but it is 3 hours from me and I don't have a trailer if my jeep breaks.
Yeah, it's a rather small area, but the rednecks like to go out there and jump motorcycles and ORVs (from what I hear). You can see it in google maps if you do the sat view. Just look for the intersection of RT 100 and Coca-Cola drive. It is slightly to the northeast of the intersection. There has been a LOT of HOCO Police activity in the area recently, so its an even worse idea to go there than usual.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 11:28 AM   #18
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevKaos

Yeah, it's a rather small area, but the rednecks like to go out there and jump motorcycles and ORVs (from what I hear). You can see it in google maps if you do the sat view. Just look for the intersection of RT 100 and Coca-Cola drive. It is slightly to the northeast of the intersection. There has been a LOT of HOCO Police activity in the area recently, so its an even worse idea to go there than usual.
I've seen it on google earth and I can kinda see it from the highway but have never been there at ground level, and I don't plan to go. It's a shame though because the location is so convenient.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 03:55 PM   #19
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

We wheeled there once about 15 years ago. For being somewhat stock back then, it was fun. Especially being so close. We ran every trail there in about 2 hours though. Stuff like that is what you make it. Now, most of that area has been leveled and the forest has been ripped away. Not much left to work with.
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #20
0sevenjk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hey man... I'm five or so miles from coca cola drive. I'm sure I could get at least a few guys for help if need be. I'd volunteer my time for sure.
0sevenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 04:50 PM   #21
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I'll add you to the list of 'volunteers'.
Unread 04-05-2011, 04:59 PM   #22
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Latest update from DNR:

"Interested ORV stakeholders: As indicated at the ORV stakeholders meeting held on 3/23/11, the Department of Natural Resources will hold a meeting at Green Ridge State Forest to receive your ideas on possible realignments of the existing ORV trail to avoid impacts to sensitive resources. The meeting will be held on 4/7 and we will meet at the Green Ridge headquarters at 9:30 AM for some initial discussions followed by a field review. Please let me know if you plan to attend and whether you will be representing a club or organization. We need a head count so that we can plan accordingly. You should also visit our new website at:
http://www.dnr.maryland.gov/land/MD_Trails/orv.asp Please let me know if you are able to attend and hope to see you at Green Ridge SF on Thursday (4/7). Thank you for your continued interest in Maryland’s ORV Trails.

John F. Wilson
Associate Director
Stewardship
Land Acquisition & Planning
Tawes State Office Building E-4
Annapolis, Maryland 21401
(410) 260-8412"
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:08 PM   #23
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Thursday morning

Effort to keep it open

HUBDEEP convincing DNR to route the trail so it's impassable in 2WD - priceless
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:13 PM   #24
0sevenjk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Good to hear there is progress being made. I'm interested to hear the results of the reviews. I'm guessing surveys?
0sevenjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #25
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

It helps to have tiger's blood and Adonis DNA.

WINNING!!!!
Unread 04-05-2011, 05:42 PM   #26
Apollo21
2002 WJ 

Hey guys i finally found this thread. When i was in high school i had some friends in Dena and they went into coca cola a lot i did one ride and rode along 3 times. There are still trails there that are accessible from the backside but as usual they are illegal. You can do the whole area in half a day. It's not much but its something.

Since i'm at school right now i can't go to any of the meetings but to those who can please bring attention to the board about an area just north of Frederick. It currently has lots of legal and illegal wheeling with trails cut by hunters. It has everything from mud to granite and i have a feeling it would make a great new park. You could spend the whole day back there and not see everything. Currently its a lot of ATVs and Dirt bikes both illegal but since they aren't busting anyone and Frederick county knows whats going on there bring it up. There are areas with camping already. And there are lots of clearings done by lumber companies back in the day. Find it on google maps just search Frederick Municipal Forrest. The better news is that most of the land is owned by the state except for a few houses which already have Jeeps/dirt bikes/atvs in their backyard and would most likely welcome the legal trail system.
Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread [url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/apollo21-build-thread-902929/[/url] SOLD
Apollo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 06:16 PM   #27
jfiedler
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Looks like progress is being made!
jfiedler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 07:28 PM   #28
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

If there had been more notice, I might have been able to go up to Greenridge for that meeting, but not sure how much good I would do since I'm a newb. Guess I'm better suited to grunt labor.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #29
Davetopay
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Posting to subscribe.
Davetopay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-07-2011, 11:29 AM   #30
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Looking forward to seeing what comes of today's meeting.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.