Maryland MVA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Maryland MVA

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 11-12-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Maryland MVA

Does anyone know if I can do two inspection wavers for my jeep? I had a 30 temp registration that just expired and I cant get the jeep inspected yet, and was just wondering if I can get another 30 days?

Unread 11-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #2
IH8FatChix13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

im in the same boat man, i didnt have the money to get the real tags cuz they are so f&cking expensive. i called every one i knew that worked in dealerships and they said they dont even see the tags. you could try to talk the inspection guy into passing you for some extra cash.

i know you can get 30 days hard tags but you have to pay taxes and tag fees (the 30 day tags are only $70 cheaper than getting the 2 year ones) and.. it has to be inspected and pass. your kinda s.o.l.

or you could call the dealership and see if they can give you another 30 day tags. depending on the dealership they might say yes usually its a no.

good luck
IH8FatChix13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-12-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have the temp tags from mva already, I have talked to the inspection guy I am going to have look at it and he said his company just got a new guy for inspections that is a real dick so he has to wait to see if he will be lenitive on them or what.

So now I gotta get another 30 days, but they say it only is good for 1 30 day thing, that I cant use the inspection wavier more then once.
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:29 PM   #4
IH8FatChix13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

take it some where else?
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:39 PM   #5
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am to tall, tires are to beat up, bumpers cut, rear lift gate as of now is ****ed, air bag lights are one, check engine light is on, tire stick out to far, and more.

The guy I know will pass it...im gonna say its my fault should have done it sooner.

Btw, since you are new fix the curse word...mods here dont like cusing and will ban you. If you type out the full word it will make it **** and most will know what you are talking about.

Also I will probably call up the MVA and tell em that since I was involved in an accident I couldn't get it inspected and see if they will do another 30 days.
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

mva will not give you another 30 days
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:43 PM   #7
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Even with being in an accident? ****!
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:55 PM   #8
onelow1ton
1983 FSJ Wagoneer 

no i just tried last month with my yj because i procrastinated so long on taking it back after i put rotors on and they told me i need to trailer it because the tags were dead so i just figured i would play dumb if i got stopped and say well the sticker says its good till the end of the month even though the reg was dead on like the 10th
Unread 11-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #9
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Unread 11-12-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
IH8FatChix13
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well good luck i know the mva down in waldorf is stupid. i tried they said no, i failed
Unread 05-18-2011, 01:27 PM   #11
Glockem

2008 JK Wrangler 

Jk Mva

Get a trailer! Time to make that Jeep a buggy. Haul it with the F250 if your not too embarassed.
Unread 05-18-2011, 10:13 PM   #12
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997_Sport View Post
I am to tall, tires are to beat up, bumpers cut, rear lift gate as of now is ****ed, air bag lights are one, check engine light is on, tire stick out to far, and more.

The guy I know will pass it...im gonna say its my fault should have done it sooner.

Btw, since you are new fix the curse word...mods here dont like cusing and will ban you. If you type out the full word it will make it **** and most will know what you are talking about.

Also I will probably call up the MVA and tell em that since I was involved in an accident I couldn't get it inspected and see if they will do another 30 days.
If you have that much wrong I'd start fixing it. I've never met an inspector that would pass everything. Some are willing to let tires sticking out, or too tall if it is close but not a combination of everything you listed.
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-19-2011, 05:41 AM   #13
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Plus, it just doesn't sound safe . . . for yourself or anyone else on the road.
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.