Maryland guys Tag question - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Maryland guys Tag question

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 01-26-2011, 12:04 AM   #16
Strokin87
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherWarrior View Post
Bottomline in Maryland if you have used up your one 30 day tag:

1) tow it
2) sell it
Pretty much sums it up lol.

1999 Jeep Cherokee Classic - 6.5" Rock Krawler long arm lift, sye and shaft, 33" Baja Claws(soon to be 35" STTs), JCR Stage 3 front bumper, steel rear bumper with swing out tire carrier and Hi-Lift jack, rocker guards, Cobra CB, KC Daylighters. SOLD

Build Thread: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/x...assic-1113999/

2000 Jeep Cherokee Sport - 3" Rough Country full suspension lift, 31x10.50x15 Cooper Discoverer STTs. SOLD :(
Strokin87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2011, 01:44 AM   #17
WeatherWarrior
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006_Sport View Post
Thank god. Randolph road is a cluster ****

MoCo outlawed parking on grass? I move my Jeep to the side of the road every morning for my dad so he can get out and that's on the grass.

As far as transporting a new vehicle or taking a vehicle to get inspected. Throw some tags from another vehicle on it. If you get pulled over, tell them what you're doing and where you are going. My dad is a cop, he knows lol. I have many friends that are cops too. But honestly, if you aren't driving like an idiot you shouldn't get pulled over on your way to the inspection place.
It I believe was a zoning change more than anything...but I'm sure a google search or even search gazette.net (where I read about it a few months ago). Yeah....basically richy-rich folks complained too much saying it looked to 'poor' and 'redneck'. RICH PEOPLE ARE A-HOLES.

It's not going to solve, but could worsen randolph's CF issues...but I'm not really familiar...live up county now.

***I would advise AGAINST your advice about the tags however. No disrespect to your father....but there are toooo many BAD COPS within MoCo (and Rockville Dept.) that will screw you. And they check tags even sitting at lights. Not sure how much you talk about it with your father...but there is some bad stuff that goes on here. Of one of the many issues....the promotion system within the force. Ask him how many cops leave the department each year for higher pay, or even lower pay, but with better chances of promotion. Also look at the departments they are going to (and the where they are coming from....in regards to the bad ones).

This is why I am blunt with my response to the OP. In this state.....it isn't worth taking the risk....especially with what I know now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1997_Sport View Post
please read and only answer the question I asked...
I did...the answer is NO...you can't circumvent the system by going to the private title company. They are a complete waste of money anyway...charge extra for what the local MVA does anyway.
WeatherWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-26-2011, 07:43 AM   #18
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I will be driving it illegally today just to inform you. My mom HAS to go to work and she cant take her car, so I will be driving her in the Jeep.
Unread 01-28-2011, 07:21 PM   #19
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The mva says you can only get ONE 30 day temp tag. Can I do to a local tag & title place and get one from them now, even though I got one from the mva?
No. Your tag registration will still be recorded w/in the MVA system.

Quote:
I really want/need to drive it so I can get it alligned and all that good **** before inspections. Though I can't with it not having current tags/registration.
IIRC, your inspection does not measure alignment. The inspection is 'safety' based. If necessary, you can do a driveway alignment to get it close enough to be safe to drive to inspection under the 30 day tag. If you plan ahead, 30 days should be enough time to get the required things done to make the rig passable for inspection.

Good luck.
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2011, 10:16 PM   #20
MO2500
Fabramicator

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBDEEP View Post

IIRC, your inspection does not measure alignment. The inspection is 'safety' based. If necessary, you can do a driveway alignment to get it close enough to be safe to drive to inspection under the 30 day tag. If you plan ahead, 30 days should be enough time to get the required things done to make the rig passable for inspection.
It's my understanding that he already got a 30 day tag and let it expire. Now he wants to get another and can't.
What's a CV shaft and why do I need one?
Driveline 101
TJ Specs
-Mike-
MO2500 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 01:26 AM   #21
WeatherWarrior
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
I will be driving it illegally today just to inform you. My mom HAS to go to work and she cant take her car, so I will be driving her in the Jeep.
Wow....from a son of a cop....and they wonder why the general public has such a hatred of officers....when they can't even teach their children ethics and how to obey the law.

Perhaps you feel you are "entitled" to another tag....you seem to be about the right attitude to fit into the "entitlement generation"?
Unread 01-29-2011, 01:55 AM   #22
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

97 Sport:
NO. You cannot get another temp tag.
NO. You cannot do what the cop's idiot son suggested, unless you want to risk having your vehicle impounded and possibly lose your license. You will certainly, if you get caught, have serious legal bills and fines, and pay higher insurance rates for at least 3 years as a result of the points.

And it is incredibly unlikely to pass with the lift and tires you list. In fact, if it's the vehicle I think it is, putting it back to stock suspension and tires to pass an inspection after getting a repair order, and then getting caught with it illegally modified on the road a second time is exactly what cost the previous owner thousands of dollars and created the need to sell the rig.

Once the temp tag - which is specifically NOT to allow you to drive it anywhere except to a repair station (of whatever type, shop, your yard, whatever) and then directly to the inspection facility - has expired, you can ONLY tow it if it's gonna be on a public road, until it has passed inspection AND has current tags. In fact, if you get it inspected and it PASSES, do not drive it to MVA... you might just get it impounded right there in the parking lot... because you drove it there without valid tags.

So in Maryland... and in public forums... follow the law, or pay the consequences. ALL the above information could have been readily found on the Maryland MVA website, quicker than posting the several times you have in this thread.

And don't be such a loser as to post in a public forum that you're gonna break the law... your mommy doesn't know ANYONE else on the planet who could get her to work legally? Get real. If she's a nurse or doctor, maybe she does really HAVE to go to work... but the hospitals all make arrangements with peole who have legally functional 4 wheel drive vehicles to provide such transportation as needed during snow emergencies. Any other job... she either doesn't HAVE to be at work, or she can either take a taxi or call someone with legal wheels for a ride.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 02:00 AM   #23
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
not a good idea

When buying a vehicle is it not okay to do just that though? I was under the impression that it was. I bought my Jeep from a county sheriff and he told me to bring tags off another vehicle for transport
Absolutely not. No tags is still illegal, and likely to get it impounded... but false tags is worse. The only chance you'll get to do explaining will be after your bail hearing and at your pretrial motions hearing.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #24
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO2500 View Post
It's my understanding that he already got a 30 day tag and let it expire. Now he wants to get another and can't.
Oh, I gotcha Mike. I thought he was trying to get concurrent tags . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
The only chance you'll get to do explaining will be after your bail hearing and at your pretrial motions hearing.
That's sig-worthy right there.
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info

Last edited by HUBDEEP; 01-29-2011 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: Forgot the funny.
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #25
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

moving tags to another vehicle is at a min. 500 in fines after looking at my state payout book. driving without current tags, tags to another vehicle, unregistered motor vehicle...ect..ect.
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-29-2011, 10:16 AM   #26
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeatherWarrior View Post
Wow....from a son of a cop....and they wonder why the general public has such a hatred of officers....when they can't even teach their children ethics and how to obey the law.

Perhaps you feel you are "entitled" to another tag....you seem to be about the right attitude to fit into the "entitlement generation"?
Do you know who I am? No, so dont make assumptions. I dont hate cops, did I ever say I did?

I dont feel "entitled" to another tag, I was asking a question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
Absolutely not. No tags is still illegal, and likely to get it impounded... but false tags is worse. The only chance you'll get to do explaining will be after your bail hearing and at your pretrial motions hearing.
I have tags that are registered to the Jeep, they are just expired.

I would have gotten it inspected back when I had temp tags but I got rear ended and the insurance company took a long time to get the situation settled and give me a check so I could fix the damage that would have easily made me fail.
Unread 01-31-2011, 11:56 AM   #27
WeatherWarrior
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Do you know who I am? No, so dont make assumptions. I dont hate cops, did I ever say I did?

I dont feel "entitled" to another tag, I was asking a question.
I don't need to....nor desire to know you....I think your post:
Quote:
SAYS IT ALL!!!
Unread 01-31-2011, 12:24 PM   #28
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Oh really. Well for your knowledge I didn't drive it. Except for in my neighborhood on the snow covered streets.

Again dont make assumptions since you obviously know nothing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.