Looking for a place to buy Wheel/Tire/TPMS - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Looking for a place to buy Wheel/Tire/TPMS

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 04-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #1
Bonefish
2012 JK Wrangler 

Looking for a place to buy Wheel/Tire/TPMS

Looking to buy wheels for the Jeep. Would like a complete set or if possible new wheels and use my stock tires and TPMS. IF that is possible. I'm in Clarksburg. Anybody close that has a nice selection and good service?

I'm a noob so, hi all! Deep Cherry 2012 Wrangler Sport S for now......

Thanks for your help!

Bonefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 08:50 AM   #2
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I usually order tires and wheels online, and they come mounted and balanced. It might be more expensive than what it's worth to have a shop take your tires off the rim, mount them to another rim, and balance them. Maybe you could buy new wheels and tires and sell your stock stuff to recoup some of the cost. As for tires, I'd recommend the BFG A/T from personal experience or the Falken Wildpeak A/T from what I've seen online and in magazines. Both are street friendly but more aggressive than stock, assuming you have the SRAs or whatever road tire they are coming with now.
Toms87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:00 AM   #3
Bonefish
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
I usually order tires and wheels online, and they come mounted and balanced. It might be more expensive than what it's worth to have a shop take your tires off the rim, mount them to another rim, and balance them. Maybe you could buy new wheels and tires and sell your stock stuff to recoup some of the cost. As for tires, I'd recommend the BFG A/T from personal experience or the Falken Wildpeak A/T from what I've seen online and in magazines. Both are street friendly but more aggressive than stock, assuming you have the SRAs or whatever road tire they are coming with now.
Forgive me..SRA..what does that stand for? Sorry..newb!

Yeah I agree...probably good to go with a straight complete package. I may keep the stockers...not sure I want to sell them. Keep them for if I ever sell the vehicle and move up to an Unlimited.
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:07 AM   #4
Bonefish
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Where do you order online?

What brand names should I look for that have a quality product, good customer service, etc?

I've looked and see a nice set of Dick Cepek wheels I like along with I believe an Otis wheel and a few other brands that look nice.
Unread 04-12-2012, 11:47 AM   #5
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I've always run the "regular" 15x8 black steel d-windows, but I know that the Mickey Thompson Classic IIs are nice wheels. Dick Cepek is also a quality brand as far as I know. I have personally dealt with National Tire & Wheel and Desert Rat, and based on the experiences of others I would not recommend 4WD Hardware or 4 Wheel Parts (same company). Terrible customer service depending on what customer service rep you happen to get and what your issue is.

This is the SRA and it comes stock on most JKs if I'm right
http://media.photobucket.com/image/g...3/SDC10277.jpg
Toms87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-17-2012, 08:43 AM   #6
Bonefish
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I've always run the "regular" 15x8 black steel d-windows, but I know that the Mickey Thompson Classic IIs are nice wheels. Dick Cepek is also a quality brand as far as I know. I have personally dealt with National Tire & Wheel and Desert Rat, and based on the experiences of others I would not recommend 4WD Hardware or 4 Wheel Parts (same company). Terrible customer service depending on what customer service rep you happen to get and what your issue is.

This is the SRA and it comes stock on most JKs if I'm right
http://media.photobucket.com/image/g...3/SDC10277.jpg
AH okay...yeah I noticed yesterday on the wheels SRA...and was like ding ding ding...LOL! Sorry I've always been a Mustang guy so I know that stuff not Jeeps!

Looking to stay stock size wheels and tires...waiting for a quote back from a vendor to see what the cost will be any.

The mustang forum vendors normally have discounts for members. Is there any of that here? How would I get that? I've got the mod bug!
Unread 06-04-2012, 05:56 PM   #7
davyboyXJ
2012 JK Wrangler 

i work at a high end shop in baltimore. we do alot of lifts and tire packages for jeep dealerships in the area. we can find and price you a set as well as mount and balance them no problem and either swap your sensors or order a new set so u have sensors in both sets. contact us if you would like @ 410-426-7467 we will get you the best price possible. when u buy online, its a hassle if things are wrong, if the wheels shake from being balanced wrong etc
davyboyXJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.