Local Wheeling Spot Closed! Help! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Local Wheeling Spot Closed! Help!

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 03-29-2012, 01:34 AM   #1
PowerChoked
1969 J-Series Truck 

Local Wheeling Spot Closed! Help!

Hey guys. Help get this local wheeling spot opened back up by going to their facebook page and signing this petition. All it takes is a couple clicks and you filling out the petition!

https://www.facebook.com/MuddinAtTheHoyle

40 Fort Hoyle Rd, Edgewood, MD 21040

Here is their story:

Due to the fact that there was 1 neighbor that complained this area is closed... for now. We have started a petition to reopen the Hoyle so people can come and legally enjoy their recreational vehicles in a supervised setting.

Muddin at the Hoyle is a active quarry owned by Harford Industrial Minerals. They are very kind to allow us to use the land during the weekend off hours. This land is a active quarry and should and will be respected in that nature. There are designated trails that have been clearly marked off for ATV and off road vehicles. (excluding dirt bikes.. sorry). Harford Industrial Minerals is kind enough to let us use this land and we will respect their rules.

* Muddin at the Hoyle does NOT charge a entry fee but does ask for a donation of $20 per vehicle to keep the land safe and open to the public.
* Drinking and/or Drugs are NOT ALLOWED and regardless of the situation anyone participating in illegal activity's will be promptly removed from the property.
* There is a waiver that will be signed BEFORE entering the quarry. All drivers will be given a special bracelet, and their passengers will also be given a different bracelet that MUST BE WORN while in the quarry.
* Anyone in the park without the designated bracelet will be asked to leave the property.

PowerChoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-29-2012, 04:27 AM   #2
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Step #1 should be to go talk to the compaining neighbor and understand what the problem is.

You never said who actually closed the property. Presumably, the owner closed the property because the neighbor was complaining? Or did the town/state step in?

Either way, I don't see a petition on facefu*k doing much to change the situation. Go talk to the people in person and build up a relationship. That's how you make good things happen.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 05:00 PM   #3
PowerChoked
1969 J-Series Truck 

First off, if you had read the thread, Im not directly associated with this park. Just trying to help a friend get signatures from locals on his petition to get a local offroad trail opened back up.

B- if you had read the thread (seems like thats a common occurrence with you) you would also know that the petition is not on FB, its simply linked there.

Also, I never asked what I should do to get it back opened. I asked if people wanted to sign the petition to help open up a local park in MD seeing that we dont have ANY legitimate wheeling in MD.

4th: Why are you even in the MD section spewing what you think is your golden baby batter?

BTW, thanks to the guys that did sign. He got way more than he expected.

PowerChoked is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 06:07 PM   #4
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

I was just telling you what works. And I've been involved with land access issues for almost 30 years now. I offered some friendly advice and you responded like a d|ckhead. Cheers!
Unread 04-02-2012, 06:16 PM   #5
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
I don't see a petition on facefu*k doing much to change the situation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Technohead View Post
I offered some friendly advice
Real friendly

According to the guy running the facebook page, the owners of the quarry have no idea their place would be as popular as the petition suggests. It's not a petition to get the president of the country down here and kick a gate down. It's meant to demonstrate how many people are interested in going there.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #6
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

Sorry if my comment was mis-interpreted.

I routinely ridicule Facebook because its a silly medium that I would prefer to see go the way of MySpace sooner rather than later. I can't help myself. There was nothing unfriendly directed towards the OP.

And my point remains. Arrange a conversation with the neighbors who complained. Show some respect for their concerns and ask how the wheeling community could address their concerns. This approach does not always work but its by far the most effective when dealing with neighbors.
Unread 05-04-2012, 10:29 AM   #7
kuzican
1998 XJ Cherokee 

any new information on this on whether or not it's going to open up again?
kuzican is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
blueskiesbill
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I second the last comment...any news?
Unread 06-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #9
Siva283
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Any update

Sent from my EVO 4G using JeepForum

[QUOTE=Magnum;14117863] I gave the Jeep the required offering of $$, sweat, and blood, and everything works fine now. -- Jim[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=ldso;16498409]. It started with a $200 axle, and a few thousand dollars later I was done :)[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Luuca;16122017]diagnose the real issue before you start going all Obama on it - spending mad cash you'll need for other important things.

Ask me how I know...[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Overhead;17658665]this is also my second set of RC springs this year. I'd rather spend the money again and get something that will last.[/QUOTE]
Siva283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
gregsjeep13

Any News?
gregsjeep13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2013, 09:41 PM   #11
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

If you want legal wheeling in Md go out to western Md or Head to pa . The best thing you can do is Join Baltimore 4wheelers and goto their landuse meetings

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.