Jeep is overheating.... I need a good shop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Jeep is overheating.... I need a good shop

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 06-11-2011, 04:46 AM   #1
dgi
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Jeep is overheating.... I need a good shop

I overheated my motor about 2 years ago and it popped the head gasket. New head, radiator, piping, water pimp, t-stat, housing... All done to fix issue but it's not working....

I need a reputable shop that knows these motors that can fix my problem. I'm in reisterstown but am willing to travel for quality work.

Any help?

dgi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 06:00 AM   #2
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

Check the fan clutch? If that's the only thing not replaced, i'd put money on that.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

One Fine Wrench in Randallstown. 410-922-8080. Ask for Mike, tell him Paul sent you.

Fan clutch is possible, IF overheating is at a stop. Fan is pretty much irrelevant when driving.

Have you flushed the cooling system with GOOD flush? If it's got deposits, it may not be doing it's job.

Got a full fan shroud? Without a shroud, the airflow over the radiator is very poor.

Anyone check the original cause of overheat? Got a check engine light on? BAd O2 sensor maybe? Lean A/F can cause overheating.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2011, 10:12 AM   #4
dgi
2000 TJ Wrangler 

original cause of overheat was due to blown radiator and running motor without coolant while sitting in traffic

Right now the radiator and bottle hold coolant, this is after bars leak was used. now the temp creeps up but only overheats when AC is used... i need this thing to be reliable... its no fun constantly starring at the temp gauge when im out driving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
One Fine Wrench in Randallstown. 410-922-8080. Ask for Mike, tell him Paul sent you.

Fan clutch is possible, IF overheating is at a stop. Fan is pretty much irrelevant when driving.

Have you flushed the cooling system with GOOD flush? If it's got deposits, it may not be doing it's job.

Got a full fan shroud? Without a shroud, the airflow over the radiator is very poor.

Anyone check the original cause of overheat? Got a check engine light on? BAd O2 sensor maybe? Lean A/F can cause overheating.
Unread 07-03-2011, 04:07 PM   #5
dgi
2000 TJ Wrangler 

anyone know a good shop that can diag this and not just throw unnecessary parts on this rig?
Unread 07-04-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Steig Brothers in Mt. Airy, Md.
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.