Help finding stolen Jeep in O.C. MD - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Help finding stolen Jeep in O.C. MD

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

Unread 01-16-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
montero1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Help finding stolen Jeep in O.C. MD

I am looking for my son's 1989 Black Wrangler with gray hard top and historic Maryland tags.

My son and his girlfriend are reported missing and said to be headed to Ocean City. They have been missing since January 11th.

Rumored they are living out of the Jeep.

Son and girlfriend are white and with light brown hair, aged 17 years.

If sighted please call local police. They are on the MD wanted list for missing children.

montero1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hate to say it... but while 17 is still technically a child, they are not missing... they are running away from home. probably "because we love each other!" and "They don't want us to be together!"

Good luck, the cops will likely find them if still in MD. Out of state... maybe not.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 01:08 PM   #3
Sudz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post
but while 17 is still technically a child, they are not missing
I have to disagree.

Yes they are minors and Yes he is missing. He took off 'wherever' without notifying his parents. Run away or not, it's reportable as a missing person if he doesn't return home after X hours. Who knows what danger he is in or the circumstances surrounding the incident. Am I wrong?

Under 18 years = Amber Alert?

I'm sure he'll be home soon montero1

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab
Sudz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-16-2011, 05:44 PM   #4
montero1
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks

This is actually a post for my brother( he used my login)- These kids have no money, no debit cards, and left their house keys behind, it's like they don't plan on ever returning. We were tracking them with their cell phones, but they have since turned them off because Sprint sends notifications when they've enabled tracking.
Unread 01-16-2011, 06:05 PM   #5
Evoluvin

Sorry to hear. Good luck finding them. And i hope fore a safe return.

Night Crew #357
Evoluvin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 11:17 AM   #6
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Any update on this?

Looks like amber alert can't be used. http://www.mdsp.org/hsib/amber_intro.asp

Unless the police list the boy as abducting the girl...
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-21-2011, 06:45 PM   #7
gotmudnj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

jersey will keep an eye out...
Unread 01-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #8
JSBlu974X4
2005 LJ Wrangler 

yes for Ambers we have a book we go by for criteria, kinda odd. and yes anyone can be reported missing child or not in Maryland. They are both added into the NCIC database same as wanted subjects which is good. If they get stopped by LEO or any police who run them for warrants they will come up as a missing person, along with the vehicle in some agencies depending on technology.
2005 Unlimited Rubicon Hard N Soft Tops, Clayton Long Arm on RE Coils, Warn Bumper/Tire Carrier, Warn Winch N Bumper, Currie Steering, JKS Quicker Disconnects, JKS Front Trac Bar, Bilsteins, CO2 System..Yada Yada Yada
JSBlu974X4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-22-2011, 06:36 PM   #9
montero1
2010 JK Wrangler 

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/...nt-co-1156018/

This is them- still no new news.
Unread 01-23-2011, 03:16 AM   #10
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by montero1 View Post
Despite you or your brother posting this as a stolen vehicle, which it isn't...

Was the Jeep recovered in functional condition, or not? IE, did the kids leave it behind when they ran out of gas or broke down,possibly travelling with someone they do not know, or simply park it and walk away from it, likely after meeting a friend to travel with? Is there any reason to believe they were NOT the ones who left the Jeep halfway to Tennessee on I-81, nowhere near the suspected route to Ocean City?

You want help, more info would be kinda useful here. I do agree that after almost a week, there is cause for concern.

It certainly doesn't look like they are headed to Ocean City.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.