Feeler: Ocean City Meet - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Feeler: Ocean City Meet

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 03-02-2010, 02:21 PM   #76
I_AM_DAN

I was recently down there and the locations that i had thought about were Old Pro Golf or the 45th street village.

I would like to get in touch with the person that manages the 45th street village cause that lot is never really used and Belly Busters is right across the street

I_AM_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 10:54 AM   #77
hotrodscott
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I would try to attend if somethign was firmed up. If it's during Cruising Ocean City in May then I won't have the Jeep. That the chevelle's first big outing of the year.
hotrodscott is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 11:37 AM   #78
1997_Sport
1997 TJ Wrangler 

May 22nd eh, hopefully I will have the Jeep ready by then. If not I plan on going down a lot in the summer with the Jeep, so I will PM a few of you guys when I do to try and get a little meet and greet to meet some local jeepers. I wouldn't mind missing a day or rays to wheel. haha
Unread 03-25-2010, 01:21 PM   #79
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Were in the works with Fish Tales down in OC. The owner has a CJ so we should have an "in" with him as fellow Jeep owners. haha. We are waiting back to hear something about getting their parking lot. We will keep you all informed.

We go out to our land at least 2-3 times a month during the summer. So I am sure we can take you out there to play
VamosJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:18 PM   #80
1995zj
1998 ZJ 

keep us informed....I am still intrested in this.
Unread 03-25-2010, 09:54 PM   #81
MUDRFR
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be down to make the run from Jersey... Sounds like fun.
Unread 03-28-2010, 09:46 PM   #82
HotDuck
2009 JK Wrangler 

If you really want to do something like this, I would certainly be willing to get it going. We have the Commander Hotel ( Ocean City Maryland Boardwalk Hotels -- Commander Oceanfront Hotel ) and we are celebrating 80 years in business this year. I am personal friends with the owners of Fishtales (one of their family members even works for me), the Francis Scott Key (both of us are firefighters here in OC) and the promoters of the cruising events and car shows. It's really no big deal because with OC being such a small town it is really hard not to know everybody!

Anyhow, after thinking about this for a bit, I think that we may be able to pull off a small gathering of some kind at a hotel or restaurant this year, but we will need some time to plan a big event. To get the city on board for parades and such you need to go in front of the city council. No big deal, but things like this are usually planned and approved a year or so in advance. If we pick a date now for a large event in 2011, we can get on the city events calendar, which will promote the event in tons of mailings and advertisements published by both the city and a large number of the businesses in town. This can happen, but it takes time to plan and prepare and we have missed the boat for this year.

As for doing the event in correlation with the spring cruising event, I would say that is a bad idea. The city has already put a cap on the number of entries for the cruising events because the town is absolutely maxed out and stretched to capacity as is. If we try to add a Jeep event to that same weekend we will most certainly get shot down by the city and most or all of the businesses in town because they absolutely cannot handle anything else. If we want to do something, we need to pick our own dates and then we can get something done.

Anyhow, I have contacts all around town (hotels, bars, restaurants, clubs, 4 wheel shops, etc) and would be happy to shake the trees to see what falls out if you guys are serious. There are a lot of businesses that would jump on the opportunity, even for this year, but we need to pick a date and get it going. If you want to do an informal gathering this year, I would shoot for a date in the late summer or early fall. Trust me on this because at that time of the year the weather is still nice, but the businesses are starting to slow down a bit. Plus, in the fall we may be able to get some businesses on board with some kind of sponsorship packages because after the summer they have some money to play with, but in the spring the finances are tight for everybody here.

Ok, if you can't already tell my mind is racing and I am excited about the possibility of doing an event here. Post your feelings about doing something late this summer and let me know if you really want to try it. After several conversations I have had with the cruising event promoters about doing a Jeep event, they may be on board for 2011 if there is enough interest. Let's try something on a smaller scale this fall to see if people will really show up or if it's all talk. Tell me your feelings.
HotDuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #83
HotDuck
2009 JK Wrangler 

Oh yea, while we are talking about events I'll throw this out there. We are once again the host hotel for the Ocean City Offshore Grand Prix powerboat races on Memorial Day weekend. This is ocean racing sanctioned by the Offshore Powerboat Association and it is always a great event. The start and finish line is right in front of our place and we will be hosting a deck party on race day with cold drinks, great food and live broadcasts from both ESPN radio and Talk Offshore. If any of you are into powerboats, this is a great event!!

OPA RACING ORGANIZATION

Ocean City Maryland Boardwalk Hotels -- Commander Oceanfront Hotel
HotDuck is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #84
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Thanks HOTDUCK!!!

This "ocean city meet" Is supposed to be completely informal. Just a chance for some guys to meet up. And hot rod weekend allows us to check out some nice cars There would be no club in charge just a chance for jeep guys to hang out, and not really a "show" atmosphere.

One of the Ocean city promotion groups... I think the one that does Crusin OC, has been in contact with our club (ESJA) about setting up for a 2011 Jeep show. They are really exited and they wanted to have a Jeep event down there.

I am game for helping out and preparing for 2011. (Our club postponed our "Jeeps On The Shore" for 2010 due to our bad attendance at our 2009 show) So we were hoping to set something big up for 2011. This may be the ticket!!!
Unread 04-07-2010, 11:24 PM   #85
Outlaw

I'd be interested in hearing more about an Ocean City event. Personally, I feel avoiding the spring Car Cruise or any major holiday weekend would be a good idea. The spring car cruise is one of the busiest weekends of the year and it's considered an "off peak" weekend, LOL. The traffic is insane, and the cops are ultra badge heavy and will stop you for ANYTHING!

Looking forward to hearing more . . .
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2010, 01:58 PM   #86
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

After talking with a few people this is what we are leaning towards.

Hooters for lunch at noon on Saturday May 22nd. They will close the parking lot down for cruzin but that's not until later in the afternoon. After that we just roll around town and hang out. I know our club will most likely making a run to our land later in the day. We might be camping too. You guys are welcome to join us.

Sound good to everybody? Just about a month away!!!
Unread 04-21-2010, 11:45 PM   #87
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just realized this is same day as WErock. Most likely out unless my buggy blows up
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2010, 09:20 PM   #88
I_AM_DAN

Bump! This coming Saturday. Noon at hooters in OC. Who all is in?
I_AM_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #89
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

i might be there... im torn between this and the mud bogs

Last edited by ajamison; 05-16-2010 at 09:33 PM.. Reason: typo
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-17-2010, 06:25 AM   #90
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

You can count me in Dan. Hopefully will be in Blue!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.