Feeler: Ocean City Meet - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Feeler: Ocean City Meet

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughECGS Fall Sale - 10% Off EVERYTHING!!Gear Packages Available! Your # 1 Diff Shop is ROCKRIDGE 4

Unread 01-24-2010, 04:39 PM   #61
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Cool, cool . . .just asking.

clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 04:45 PM   #62
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

i'd be interested in coming down from york, i haven't been to OC in a while
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 10:57 PM   #63
HotDuck
2009 JK Wrangler 

I just found this thread and I think this is a great idea. I am friends with the organizers that do the car cruise events and we were just talking a few months ago about doing a Jeep event in the near future. Looks like there is quite a bit of interest in it, at least on this board. I'll contact them when I get home next week and see if they are still kicking around the idea.

Edit: Oh yea, Ocean City is home for me!!

Last edited by HotDuck; 01-27-2010 at 11:20 PM..
HotDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2010, 06:20 AM   #64
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotDuck View Post
I just found this thread and I think this is a great idea. I am friends with the organizers that do the car cruise events and we were just talking a few months ago about doing a Jeep event in the near future. Looks like there is quite a bit of interest in it, at least on this board. I'll contact them when I get home next week and see if they are still kicking around the idea.

Edit: Oh yea, Ocean City is home for me!!
That's Fantastic!!!

Keep us posted
VamosJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 01:46 PM   #65
ajamison
1991 MJ Comanche 

any updates???
ajamison is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #66
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

I think May 22nd was mentioned as a date b/c of the Ocean City Hot Rod show is already going on.

Does everybody like that date or does another one work out better?
Unread 02-20-2010, 09:18 PM   #67
JacksJeepTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by VamosJEEP View Post
I think May 22nd was mentioned as a date b/c of the Ocean City Hot Rod show is already going on.

Hey guys, I'm new to the Jeep world but not to meeting up with other enthusiasts in OC to hang out. I was huge into the VW world prior to this new 4WD inspiration. We had 2 big shows every year, H2O and Dubs on the beach, its a great place to meet up and w/ a Jeep I finally don't have to worry about my CAI sucking up water when it rains and coastal highway floods.
JacksJeepTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 09:26 AM   #68
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

BUMP.

Still looking into big parking lots that are not already claimed. We might be better off just meeting in a public one like a grocery store or something like that.
Unread 03-01-2010, 09:49 AM   #69
Dragbeoch
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hello all. Just throwing this out there. My parents belong to a local HOG (Harley owners group) and every year they stay at the same hotel. The hotel gives them a great group rate and allows them to use their parking lot to have games and cookouts and stuff. If you want I could make some inquires and find out some detail. Hell if they let biker trash in they should let us!! LOL
Dragbeoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 09:56 AM   #70
tjsahara1979
2007 JK Wrangler 

I was in OC last year and there was a Corvette show and then parade. They had them drive down the boardwalk. I think that would be awesome
'01 TJ Sahara. 3" BDS lift, 1" PA BL, 33x12.50x15 Nokian Vatiiva M/Ts, Durango steering box, soft 8s, RE steering stabilizer, and one LOUD effin' train horn :)

Green Jeep Club Member #183
tjsahara1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2010, 11:00 AM   #71
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragbeoch View Post
Hello all. Just throwing this out there. My parents belong to a local HOG (Harley owners group) and every year they stay at the same hotel. The hotel gives them a great group rate and allows them to use their parking lot to have games and cookouts and stuff. If you want I could make some inquires and find out some detail. Hell if they let biker trash in they should let us!! LOL
That will work for those who don't live 20 mins away.

J/k That sounds like a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsahara1979 View Post
I was in OC last year and there was a Corvette show and then parade. They had them drive down the boardwalk. I think that would be awesome

I have been contacted by the company who runs all the cruizin weekends. They want to try to do something in 2011 for a jeep weekend. Of course its just an idea but it may blossom into something big!!
Unread 03-01-2010, 11:04 AM   #72
Dragbeoch
1997 TJ Wrangler 

We could always crash at your place.... LMAO
Unread 03-01-2010, 11:06 AM   #73
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragbeoch View Post
We could always crash at your place.... LMAO
You could... But i don't think my 900 sq ft 1 bedroom apartment will sleep too many. haha. Plus I only am allowed 2 parking spaces for my 5 vehicles.
Unread 03-01-2010, 11:34 AM   #74
Dragbeoch
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I just got a little info about the motel but need to get some more info. I called but the person I talked to wasn't the most helpful. She said they give group rate for 10 or more booking but the 22nd is out because of the Hot Rod things down there. My mom told me they have huge parking lot(s) that they let you use. Indoor and outdoor pools and very kid friendly.. I'll call back tomorrow and see if I can talk to someone else for better info. Here is the link if wants to take a look. Ocean City Maryland Hotel & Lodging - Francis Scott Key Motel
Unread 03-01-2010, 01:26 PM   #75
dcorn
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:

I think this is a great idea. I've been to this weekend for the last 3-4 years and it attracts all kinds of car enthusiasts, not just hot rods. There are tons of lifted trucks and jeeps driving around with all the sports cars and classics. I'll be there this year in my Cobra if I don't sell it. If it's gone, I'll be taking all 4 doors off the XJ and driving that around.

Quote:
BUMP.

Still looking into big parking lots that are not already claimed. We might be better off just meeting in a public one like a grocery store or something like that.
For the past 3 years during hot rod weekend in may, a MD mustang club has had a mustang show at Castaways on 64th street. We use their parking lot and usually the shopping center next door for a nice little mustang show with prizes and all that. It draws a ton of people and there are mustangs overflowing into multiple lots in the area. The cobra club I'm in goes and hangs out there all day and has a blast.

I think you guys should find a restaurant that has a decent size parking lot out front that holds maybe 40-50 cars and make a deal with them to use it for that saturday morning-afternoon. I'd definitely be down for something like this if I had my jeep there, and if not, I'd at least stop by and chill for a while to check out other Jeeps. I don't need to be wheeling or anything just to have a Jeep show. The good thing about Jeeps and Mustangs is there are sooo many different models and mods to do, nobody has even close to the same rig.

Quote:
I have been contacted by the company who runs all the cruizin weekends. They want to try to do something in 2011 for a jeep weekend. Of course its just an idea but it may blossom into something big!!
Great idea. I'd think a weekend during the summer sometime would bring tons of jeeps to the shore. They have mustang week down in Myrtle Beach every year and it brings tens of thousands of people from all over the country.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.