Feeler: Ocean City Meet - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Feeler: Ocean City Meet

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSmittybilt Products at Oconee Off-Road!

Unread 01-22-2010, 01:52 PM   #46
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_AM_DAN View Post
I am the a fore mentioned Dan from ESJA.

With the way our last big show turned out we wanted to take a step back and look at things from a new vantage point. We are hoping that the show in OC will attract the everyday Jeeper. It will be the type of thing anyone with a Jeep can attend and have a good time. We understand that the lack of an obstacle coarse is a drawback, but at our big show last year only a few people took advantage of it. Our goal is to have a fun family friendly environment where people can come and enjoy all aspects of owning a Jeep.

We are thinking about doing the first such meet and greet the weekend of May 22nd and 23rd. This is the first hot rod show in oc. It is an amazingly fun time for those who havent been. Picture a rolling car show. The location is TBA but will be decided upon shortly. For those interested in wheeling there will be a trip to our clubs off road park

Stay tuned for updates!
Blatant advertisement:
Quote:
For those interested in wheeling there will be a trip to our clubs off road park

But seriously . . .

Is this now an ESJA thing?

I thought the planning was just to be a simple gathering at the Ocean. Sounds like alot of inside decisions being made by ESJA. . . .

clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 02:07 PM   #47
Maryland95YJ
2006 LJ Wrangler 

sounds fun, i want in
Maryland95YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 04:56 PM   #48
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

There may be some confusion going around.

What I would like to see happen is that all jeeps come to gather and B/S together. Worst case scenario each club can just have a small table to sell their own goods or something like that. More like a "JEEP Gathering" with each person representing their own club or just representing themselves. I don't think any club in specific should have their name on the gathering. I don't think there should be a charge to attend. Each person there can help support another club that they may not even belong to. The main goal was to just get some people together to hang out.

But... Our club will be going back to the club's land as well to play and I believe dan was extending an invite to whoever wanted to come. We would have to abide by the club's bylaws and all that.

ESJA isn't planning anything behind the scenes. Its not going to be a "ESJA" sponsored gathering. Just a "jeep" Gathering.

I hope that clears some stuff up.
VamosJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:26 PM   #49
mdori
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBDEEP View Post
Blatant advertisement:

But seriously . . .

Is this now an ESJA thing?

I thought the planning was just to be a simple gathering at the Ocean. Sounds like alot of inside decisions being made by ESJA. . . .
Seriously HUBDEEP? I think any normal person on here would agree that events like these do not just happen on their own. This Ocean City Meet is not being run by Eastern Shore Jeep Association, however responsible people like Dan, who lives rather close to Ocean City, is taking the initiative to scout out locations and contact business owners etc.. in an effort to make this thing a reality. Yes, Dan happens to be a member of ESJA, as are most active Jeepers in the area that would want to take an active role in this, what is the issue?

I suggest you should go back and read post #1 of this thread, In fact I will even quote the good part for you
Quote:
We probably would have something small at our club land for those who want to get dirty. Its in Delmar about 45 mins from OC.
Why are you taking issue with this three months later? Seeing as how Eastern Shore Jeep Association's land is the closest place to Ocean City to wheel on wouldn't it make sense that Jeeper's attending this event should be welcome to come there?

Last edited by mdori; 01-22-2010 at 06:39 PM..
mdori is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #50
mferrari
DelmarvaOffroad.com

1998 TJ Wrangler 

So pick a date so people can plan...
Thanks to our Sponsors:
Delmarva Offroad - F-O-A Shocks - BD Turnkey Engine - Under Cover Fab - Jer-C Transmissions - Quigley Driveshafts

Delmarva Offroad
You call it rolling, we call it R&D! 443-951-JEEP
mferrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 08:52 PM   #51
I_AM_DAN

^^^
May 22nd?

Its the first hot rod weekend so there will be a big crowd anyway. I feel it will be a good event to be a part of. It draws all sorts of motor heads in, some of them Jeep people.

But seriously:

This has been in discussion since our last big show and as of January we elected new officers. I was tasked with planning the club shows. Since it was kind of idle i took some initiative. I never meant to step on toes or to alienate anyone. I figured it would be welcomed having someone else do the heavy lifting.

If you have an issue with me or something i said, please keep it out of the public forums. Pm exists for a reason
I_AM_DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:15 PM   #52
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdori View Post
Seriously HUBDEEP? I think any normal person on here would agree that events like these do not just happen on their own. This Ocean City Meet is not being run by Eastern Shore Jeep Association, however responsible people like Dan, who lives rather close to Ocean City, is taking the initiative to scout out locations and contact business owners etc.. in an effort to make this thing a reality. Yes, Dan happens to be a member of ESJA, as are most active Jeepers in the area that would want to take an active role in this, what is the issue?

I suggest you should go back and read post #1 of this thread, In fact I will even quote the good part for you Why are you taking issue with this three months later? Seeing as how Eastern Shore Jeep Association's land is the closest place to Ocean City to wheel on wouldn't it make sense that Jeeper's attending this event should be welcome to come there?
First off, I'm so tired of internet drama mdori you can go shove it up your a$$.

I have NO issues with ESJA nor any of its members. I actually like the members I have met and I think the club is run very well. (I was a member and land member a few years ago.)

I thought this was a simple "hi, I have a jeep and want to hang out at the beach." That's all. Don't try and make this a flame war/ internet bash session. I know Dan and respect Dan very much. The ESJA land quote was a joke, hence the smiley face. I know the club is having trouble meeting the $$$ needed for the land lease. I only wish the club the best in this endeavor. It's hard to, A) find a place to wheel locally, and B) find a club that has access to property to be able to wheel on legally.

Mdori, it's sh!the@ds like you that make a bad name for a club that is trying to do something positive for the four wheeling community.

I_am_Dan, I have no issues with you bud, I thought this was going to be a "poll" type thing to vote on a date. I know those guys on Delmarva Crawlers and understand what they are trying to do. No need to draw lines in the sand man. If you don't like what's in my sig, that's cool. I have no issues with ESJA. You don't see a "I hate ESJA" in there do you? I still wear the hoodie and have the decals on my rig.

I just didn't realize that this was an ESJA thing. It's cool, I just didn't see that.

VamosJeep, You're a stand up guy, I respect that.

No hard feelings with Dan or VamosJeep. Just wanted a clarification . . .that's all. Best of luck in your m-n-g.
Unread 01-23-2010, 06:54 AM   #53
I_AM_DAN

Thanks for keeping this civil. I never meant to start any of this, it was really just a mis-understanding. If anyone would like to provide input on this event i am open to hear it.

Lets all just calm down, take a step back and realize what is important. Having fun

See you all at the Meet and Greet!
Unread 01-23-2010, 04:03 PM   #54
mdori
1999 TJ Wrangler 

HUBDEEP,

Quote:
First off, I'm so tired of internet drama mdori you can go shove it up your a$$.
Internet drama? If I am not mistaken this is the first time we have ever spoken, online or otherwise.

Quote:
I actually like the members I have met and I think the club is run very well.
Thank you, I think we are doing a good job too.

Quote:
Don't try and make this a flame war/ internet bash session.
I absolutely hate online arguments, however looking at post #27 by you and post #46 it is apparent that you were the one doing the bashing. It seems that you are unable to take what you deal.

Quote:
Mdori, it's sh!the@ds like you...
Quote:
mdori you can go shove it up your a$$.
Hmm, I would say something but it seems that you have revealed your true character better than I can put into writing. If you really are a teacher like your profile says than I hope you don't act, or respond to people, in the same manner as you have with me, because that is just sad man. As you should know this is a family friendly forum and your unwarranted response is just childish, it shouldn't have to take someone almost half your age to tell you that. If you want to talk like that to me send me a PM or better yet we can meet in person, but keep it out of here buddy
Unread 01-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #55
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Lets all just calm down, take a step back and realize what is important. Having fun

Deal.
Unread 01-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #56
I_AM_DAN

Back on track... How does May 22nd work for everyone? I will be doing some location scouting once stuff starts to open back up.
Unread 01-23-2010, 07:52 PM   #57
mdori
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Back on track... How does May 22nd work for everyone? I will be doing some location scouting once stuff starts to open back up.
Sounds great to me. I think drawing that hot rod crowd is a good idea, it already draws a crowd for us and is an all around fun weekend to be in OC
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #58
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

That does sound good, but would a better date when it gets warmer? Say July or August?
Unread 01-24-2010, 11:46 AM   #59
1995zj
1998 ZJ 

I would be willing to go. I live about 15min south of OC.
Unread 01-24-2010, 04:21 PM   #60
I_AM_DAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBDEEP View Post
That does sound good, but would a better date when it gets warmer? Say July or August?
Well i was thinking that date because of the hot rod weekend. It would be nice to have some automotive support there already. If it works out once there is the end of summer cruise in we could get in on as well

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.