Feeler: Ocean City Meet - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Feeler: Ocean City Meet

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!XJ Rail Sale!

Unread 10-23-2009, 12:35 PM   #1
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Feeler: Ocean City Meet

Whats up guys. I'm Erik the V.P. of ESJA (Eastern Shore (of MD) Jeep Association) Just want to get a feeler out to see how much interest there is for a "Jeep Weekend" held in Ocean City MD. We probably would have something small at our club land for those who want to get dirty. Its in Delmar about 45 mins from OC. I know OC is known for all sorts of car gatherings but the only one missing is JEEP!!! I live close to OC and always see people with jeeps vacationing in the area. So I thought a Jeep Weekend would work out well. We would time it so its in the summer and we can set something up at the Ocean City Convention Center, or Ocean Downs. Post up if something like this would interest you.

VamosJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-23-2009, 02:36 PM   #2
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Hmmmmm . . .
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2009, 08:08 AM   #3
RollBarCase
2008 JK Wrangler 

Great Idea!

OC is really nice in the off season.

Adam
Unread 10-25-2009, 08:40 AM   #4
njjeepthing
2011 JK Wrangler 

I think this is a great idea.
njjeepthing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #5
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I would be interested. I do need plenty of advance notice though to take off work. You thinking something like what PA Jeeps does in York?
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #6
JGriff99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Hey Erik! That sounds awesome! My uncle and cousin are in ESJA and I'm good friends with Rick and Ryan Disharoon. My uncle is Larry Bridge and my cousin is Payton Bridge. They have the camo xj and the burnt orange yj on thornbirds.I actually came to a meeting at gander a while ago but I haven't joined the club yet (in college). Anyway I work in Ocean City in the summer and there would be tons of jeeps come out for it. Its a great idea and I wanted to mention it before. I would be there!
JGriff99xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 12:10 PM   #7
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toms87 View Post
I would be interested. I do need plenty of advance notice though to take off work. You thinking something like what PA Jeeps does in York?
I was thinking we would have a small course set up at the convention center for demos and stuff. Most of it would be show based. If anybody really wanted to get dirty and wheel we would go out to our club's land.
Unread 10-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #8
rebuiltyj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I would go. It sounds like a good idea
rebuiltyj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 03:22 PM   #9
DiabloYJ
2004 WJ 

I'd be down as well if I am still in the area come that time....haven't really decided where I want to relocate to just yet.

GD Thread HIJACKERS Member #1

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

-Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2006Sport View Post
Sometimes I wish I had leaf springs.
DiabloYJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #10
Boodyrider
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Would need advance notice. Minimum several months with good promotion, if you're gonna cough up the rental on the convention center.

Quite honestly, a Jeep meeting with no real offroad playground isn't gonna be all that popolar, in my opinion.

I won't waste the gas to take the Jeep to OC just to pay a hunderd bucks to drive on flat sand, know what I mean?

And there are LOTS of more local places to get together and look at Jeeps sitting in a parking lot. Our local club has about 5 meet n greets a week around the Baltimore area.

It's not a BAD idea, just needs some thought, and probably needs a real offroad area to play in to really be popular.... whick brings up money issues, insurance, waivers, all that stuff.

84 CJ7; frame off restoration in progress.

The technical advice you get from me here is worth exactly what you paid me for it. Warranty issues will be reimbursed at double what you paid me for the advice.
Boodyrider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 04:22 PM   #11
JGriff99xj
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Boodyrider, what you said is true. When they have the hot rod weekends and bike weekends no one really can show off, its more of just a get together. People go and just have a good time hanging out at the beach.
JGriff99xj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 06:29 PM   #12
njjeepthing
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boodyrider View Post

Quite honestly, a Jeep meeting with no real offroad playground isn't gonna be all that popolar, in my opinion.

The Pa Jeeps show only has a small obstacle course and it draws 500+ Jeeps.
njjeepthing is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 08:05 PM   #13
Dragbeoch
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would be down for it as well...
Dragbeoch is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-27-2009, 09:28 PM   #14
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njjeepthing View Post
The Pa Jeeps show only has a small obstacle course and it draws 500+ Jeeps.
Yep they have a huge show with a ton of jeeps.

I was at PA jeeps and I think around only 40% or so took advantage of the course.
Unread 10-27-2009, 11:29 PM   #15
Toms87
1987 YJ Wrangler 

I 2nd that the course is very important...I didn't take my jeep on it but I did sit for hours watching women break stuff in their husbands jeeps.

My point is that even if people aren't going to do the course it's still fun to watch. Even if I wasn't interested in looking at jeeps parked in a field, camping, or buying stuff, I'd still go to watch the course.
Toms87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.