Baltimore Jeeps - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Baltimore Jeeps

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 11-10-2012, 07:40 AM   #31
blueskiesbill
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Ok all, so the M&G will be on Saturday the 24th at HighTops in Timmonium/Towson. Figure start time will be between 6&7. Park the jeeps in the lot round 6ish and hang out with the rigs til about 7 and then head in by 7 for some grub and drinks (obviously if Mother Nature has other plans we will head in earlier). I plan on heading out that evening for the night as well afterwards if anyone is down to join.

As of now it will definitely be two of my buddies/jeeps and I. Let me know if you can make it.

Unread 11-10-2012, 11:55 PM   #32
4LBlackMamba
1998 ZJ 

i have a catastrophe, blue skies... it sunk.

Attachment 505282

forumrunner_20121111_015200.jpg

forumrunner_20121111_015227.jpg
forumrunner_20121111_015115.jpg   forumrunner_20121111_015249.jpg   forumrunner_20121111_015427.jpg  
4LBlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 05:53 AM   #33
_Kyle_
2008 WK 

I'll be back home for Thanksgiving most likely that weekend.

1996 Grand Cherokee

RIP Troy (bigbluezj94)

1996 ZJ FOR SALE
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2012, 08:45 AM   #34
blueskiesbill
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4LBlackMamba
Did it hydro seize/lock up? Just pull the plugs and air filter, keep turning the engine over spitting all the water out of the block. Once it smells like 100% gasoline then dry everything off an put Ur plugs back in. Head immediately to get an oil change and probably wise to flush all fluids.
Unread 11-11-2012, 08:41 PM   #35
davidtownsend
1994 ZJ 

Quote:
That happened to me as well. Mine didn't hydro lock though. It just ha some sanding the starter. We brake cleaned it out and she started right up. But you will need to change ally fluids. Especially transmission. It took out my tranny because of that. You'll have water in in the diffs as well! Hope all works out.
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:03 AM   #36
4LBlackMamba
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesbill

Did it hydro seize/lock up? Just pull the plugs and air filter, keep turning the engine over spitting all the water out of the block. Once it smells like 100% gasoline then dry everything off an put Ur plugs back in. Head immediately to get an oil change and probably wise to flush all fluids.
yeah it seized up. started about half way out. the guy i was with was having trouble yanking me in his 2WD f150, so i started it and tried to reverse it to help him out a little bit. i got out, but it was not smart to start it and transfer gears with it under water in mud. but it drive home. right now I'm at a shop using their machine to flush all off the fluids out of my tranny and torque converter. my trans fluid was a light pinkish brown color lol... so terrible. i personally changed the Trans fluid and filter three times but its still messing up so i figured flushing the torque converter should help
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:09 AM   #37
4LBlackMamba
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidtownsend

That happened to me as well. Mine didn't hydro lock though. It just ha some sanding the starter. We brake cleaned it out and she started right up. But you will need to change ally fluids. Especially transmission. It took out my tranny because of that. You'll have water in in the diffs as well! Hope all works out.
yeah, thanks alot. from 7am to 8 pm (when i was completely out of daylight) i took everything apart and tried to clean the best i could. its still just s**tting out on me. runs still.. drive it home and to the shop...but its my DD. this guy here at the shop said he can't promise flush will work, and that i might have to get it towed out of the shop... i told him I'd take the chance. either way, whether they flush it or not, i cant drive it like i did.. its just a big mess haha lesson learned
Unread 11-12-2012, 07:16 AM   #38
4LBlackMamba
1998 ZJ 

Quote:

yeah it seized up. started about half way out. the guy i was with was having trouble yanking me in his 2WD f150, so i started it and tried to reverse it to help him out a little bit. i got out, but it was not smart to start it and transfer gears with it under water in mud. but it drive home. right now I'm at a shop using their machine to flush all off the fluids out of my tranny and torque converter. my trans fluid was a light pinkish brown color lol... so terrible. i personally changed the Trans fluid and filter three times but its still messing up so i figured flushing the torque converter should help
thanks for the advice. if the tranny flush works, I'll take it home and do that.
Unread 11-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #39
GrtWhtBuffalo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I am down in Glen Burnie with a few jeeps. Only one running though is my dd a sliver 06 sport, I will post a pic when I am not at work.
GrtWhtBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 01:44 PM   #40
blueskiesbill
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Sweet welcome! Only 3 jeeps huh?!

Anyone have an idea if they are coming or not to the M&G?
Unread 11-12-2012, 02:36 PM   #41
GrtWhtBuffalo
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Only the 06 is running, I also have a 60 cj5 that I'm restoring and an 82 cj7 that my father and I are restoring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskiesbill
Sweet welcome! Only 3 jeeps huh?!

Anyone have an idea if they are coming or not to the M&G?
GrtWhtBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2012, 06:00 PM   #42
davidtownsend
1994 ZJ 

Quote:

yeah, thanks alot. from 7am to 8 pm (when i was completely out of daylight) i took everything apart and tried to clean the best i could. its still just s**tting out on me. runs still.. drive it home and to the shop...but its my DD. this guy here at the shop said he can't promise flush will work, and that i might have to get it towed out of the shop... i told him I'd take the chance. either way, whether they flush it or not, i cant drive it like i did.. its just a big mess haha lesson learned
Mine ran like crap for the first couple of days. I changed my spark plugs and cap rotor and wires and she started up smooth. Maybe put some transmission sea foam in your trans fluid to clean a little more out. And char it in a week. When mine got stuck I had water coming inside. I had to tear apart the whole inside and clean it all out. It was a mess!
Unread 11-12-2012, 06:09 PM   #43
blueskiesbill
2002 TJ Wrangler 

This was my buddies jeep... First day off roading with his new jeep, and first time behind the wheel off roading. I may have said 'why not, how bad could it be'.

image-1200207771.jpg

image-3943223925.jpg

image-2646658010.jpg
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:11 AM   #44
ilevine
2011 JK Wrangler 

how did you guys get it out? that looks pretty serious haha
ilevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #45
blueskiesbill
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Took about an hour an a half to winch him out with my jeep anchored to a tree. And then about two hours of engine work to get her back running again

Funny part was as we went in and water started spilling in the door I said ha ha u can't lift Ur feet! About two seconds later water was up to our stomach!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.