Another buying a Jeep soon question, apologies in advance. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Another buying a Jeep soon question, apologies in advance.

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft tops

Unread 01-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #1
jkiech
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Another buying a Jeep soon question, apologies in advance.

Hey everyone,

I have searched on the forum and have gained a wealth of knowledge about searching for a used TJ. My search has lasted about 6 months and now I've finally found something in my price range that I'm interested in.

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/cto/2799877577.html

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4" Lift 4.0-6cyl 5sp 4x4 with A/C
124,500 miles
ipod hookup new speakers
New Zone 4" suspension lift New Zone shocks and Steering Stabilizer
New BFG all terrains 33x10.50x15
Runs great...minor surface rust front fenders...tub is rust free...frame is rust free...minor scrapes...Its a Jeep
New Radiator - metal 3 core
New front bumper
New front axle u joints and wheelbearings-New rear driveshaft u joints
Top 1 year old Best Top
Will need front driveshaft u-joints

Basically I have the guy down to 6600 and he will include the front driveshaft u-joints or 6700 with them installed. Based on the prices I've seen this seems to be a pretty good deal. I'm just nervous it could be too good to be true.
Going to see the Jeep this Saturday. Anything specifically to ask/look for besides rust? Thanks for any and all opinions on this. Sorry for the long post.
PS - He also gave me a breakdown of all the aftermarket parts he's purchased and what he claims to have paid about 9 months ago....

Lift Kit - $675
Stabilizer - $75
Bumper -$265
Tires - $550
Radiator - $249
Wheel brearings - $220
U joints - $225
Spacers - $100
Speakers and stereo - $395
Safari top and bracket -$125

Total $2879

Jeep $7995
Total - $10,879

Thanks for looking and if anyone is willing to come out and look with me that would be awesome.

jkiech is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.