Adams Jeep Jam - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Maryland Jeep Forum > Adams Jeep Jam

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-21-2011, 11:18 AM   #46
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

I agree. The only real reason I see is for measuring suspension upgrades. Other than that I guess good old my" D" is bigger than your "D". Lol

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
mikeg576 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2011, 11:54 AM   #47
Jeepin_Dad
I Like TATAs
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUBDEEP View Post
I still don't see how RTI #'s can be translated into real world application.
Using the calculators I posted earlier, this years 810 vs last years 637 translates into 5.5" of extra vertical wheel travel. That definetly has real world implications when it comes to keeping all 4 tires on the ground to try and maintain traction.
Unread 06-22-2011, 02:20 AM   #48
Veeb0rg
1995 XJ Cherokee 

Its still mostly a mine is better then yours thing though.
Veeb0rg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2011, 08:17 AM   #49
HUBDEEP
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepin_Dad View Post
Using the calculators I posted earlier, this years 810 vs last years 637 translates into 5.5" of extra vertical wheel travel. That definetly has real world implications when it comes to keeping all 4 tires on the ground to try and maintain traction.
True, if every rock, etc is at 20* to the ground.
clicky-->Maryland OHV Trails Info
HUBDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 04:00 PM   #50
DabaDooDoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStephens2 View Post
Man I wish I could have made it!
Next year.

Anyway jeep was back in the shop for the final front end tweeking.

Added, an over axle highsteer track bar, and had the ORO U turn customized to raise the drag link.
Did East Coast Off Road bill you time for their fork lift/operator use?
DabaDooDoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-09-2011, 04:02 PM   #51
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

Lol..........

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 10-10-2011, 04:37 AM   #52
GregStephens2
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DabaDooDoo View Post
Did East Coast Off Road bill you time for their fork lift/operator use?
LOL, I am sure they did.
Thats how Charlie is..............
Unread 01-31-2012, 11:01 PM   #53
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregStephens2 View Post
LOL, I am sure they did.
Thats how Charlie is..............
Screw ECOH. I would never support that place after my experience dealing with them ! I took my TJ there to have a Sye installed, I asked them to store my Jeep inside at night they said they would I was called the morning after both nights my Jeep stayed there for it getting broken into the previous night. The first night my sliding glass door halfs, Shift knob, Stereo amp and speakers were stolen, On the 2nd night Charlie had caught a local POS who lived up the road stealing my starter. He never even called the police or would give me his name. I got the guys name from one of his employee's and sent the HARCO Sheriff after him. After that whole fiasco my I had to have my Tcase rebuilt with in a few weeks after since ECOH forgot to add fluid in my Tcase . I had Adrenaline Offroad rebuild it And Jeff took a ton of pictures and wrote a detailed report for my. I had Ecoh foot the bill after I threatened to goto court. I went into Ecoh a year or so after that to get a hilift for my friend an they had a real attitude problem with me Asking me if I was going to have them pay for any of my other parts .
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:36 AM   #54
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

Wow. .... That's crazy! I'm not going to bash anyone but I can't say I have heard similar stories. Wow that sucks dude!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 02-01-2012, 04:37 PM   #55
Tom95YJ
[] Eye'd Jeep Connoisseur

1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeg576
Wow. .... That's crazy! I'm not going to bash anyone but I can't say I have heard similar stories. Wow that sucks dude!
Yea it does if I still. Lived in md I would let you guys at adams do my work. When I was a salesman there in 2004. I had bill regear my tj and mike installed my header and jasper engine after I threw a piston out of the block. When leaving one night. Ron and lyyod are 2 of the best people I worked for.
Unread 02-01-2012, 05:06 PM   #56
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

If you were there in 04 I may have met you before. Steve and lloyd always told stories about me and (un-named) getting into bar fights. Lol I started working there in 1999 and left in 02. Bill isn't there anymore Lloyd is gone. Mikey left and is back ... Again.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 05-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #57
startedasXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom95YJ

Screw ECOH. I would never support that place after my experience dealing with them ! I took my TJ there to have a Sye installed, I asked them to store my Jeep inside at night they said they would I was called the morning after both nights my Jeep stayed there for it getting broken into the previous night. The first night my sliding glass door halfs, Shift knob, Stereo amp and speakers were stolen, On the 2nd night Charlie had caught a local POS who lived up the road stealing my starter. He never even called the police or would give me his name. I got the guys name from one of his employee's and sent the HARCO Sheriff after him. After that whole fiasco my I had to have my Tcase rebuilt with in a few weeks after since ECOH forgot to add fluid in my Tcase . I had Adrenaline Offroad rebuild it And Jeff took a ton of pictures and wrote a detailed report for my. I had Ecoh foot the bill after I threatened to goto court. I went into Ecoh a year or so after that to get a hilift for my friend an they had a real attitude problem with me Asking me if I was going to have them pay for any of my other parts .
Lol ive worked there since 04 and i confirmed it with charlie this never happened. If your jeep sat out over night it was because the bays were filled with something with a little more value then a tj we usually pull everything we can fit in.yes greg was paying for the forklift time because no offense to anyone that works at adams but they wouldn't do somethings that we do like the custom hi steer charlie made for him. Yes we've had our adams horror stories but i wont go there thats not what this is about. I guess u probably got mad when you came in acted like you knew what you were talking and got put in your place by a veteran wheeler who has forgotten more then some forum jockey like you. Go back to playing world of warcraft or whatever haters like you do. Ecoh has been in business for 38 years and goin strong moved into a newer bigger building with more lifts and more equipment.
startedasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:09 PM   #58
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

I wish Charlie all the best. He is a old school guru. Yes please don't go there. I've got insurance claims to show my issues from ECHO. The work that can't be done at Adams goes to Ron Hash. Don't see why you feel the need to pull Adams into this?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Unread 05-05-2012, 08:51 PM   #59
startedasXJ
1996 XJ Cherokee 

[QUOTE="mikeg576"]I wish Charlie all the best. He is a old school guru. Yes please don't go there. I've got insurance claims to show my issues from ECHO. The work that can't be done at Adams goes to Ron Hash. Don't see why you feel the need to pull Adams into this?[/

I wasn't bashing adams, we order oe stuff from adams there a dealer i was trying 2 make a point that there's stuff they won't do and that charlie wouldn't let a break in occur and jerk someone around like that, that is not the kind of man he is or is the kind of business he runs he stand behind everything . In my opinion charlie goes above and beyond for each and every customer a real family oriented business. For Ron hash im not going 2 go there either.
startedasXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-06-2012, 01:02 AM   #60
mikeg576
1945 CJ2A 

Ok that's fine but what work adams does or doesn't do was never a subject. There was one user at had something to say about ECOH. You addressed that but then for some reason brought Adams into it. I just don't see the logic behind your statement. Perryhall Power Equpt does a awesome job and I've never had one problem out of that shop. Ron also has great prices for everything he does and goes above and beyond the call of duty. Ron is a strange cat but a total Guru and a god send. He's saved my Jeeps as well as friends and customers jeeps time and time again. Jeff at Adrenaline Offroad is also outstanding! I can't say enough about those guys.

Greg and I are long time jeep owners. Both of us have spent much time and money there at East Coast. I started dealing with East Coast in 1995. Many of my CJ's and YJ's have sported the "EAST COAST OFF ROAD" window sticker. You're a representative of ECOH and you just told a customer if his jeep was left outside its because it wasn't valuable as something else. Really? My willys is very valuable to me but doesn't cost as much as other rigs. It doesn't have doors, windows, or a top,and anyone could hot wire it and steal it. I know the safari CJ6 that was built at your shop was left outside all the time. I came up to drool over it. What I'm saying is choose your words carefully as well as your statements. New customers as well as current cusomers are hanging on your comments to figure out where to go and not to go for their next project. Your attitude and statement or opinion can influence peoples opinions on your bussness in a negative way. As for bashing someone because they use a forum is completely uncalled for. Many people use forums to find others with common interests and new people to wheel with. They also use it to find shops to spend their money at. Bashing those people, (your potential customers) is cutting your oun throat. Again choose your comments wisely and your fights wiser. I go above and beyond for my customers. It's kinda funny that the guy that just bought a $70,000.00 Jk Rubicon from me plays World of Warcraft. You wouldn't want to earn his bussness? Again in no way am I putting you down or bashing anyone. Just pick you fights carefully as well as your words.
I see no reason for this conversation to continue. This thread was just about dead. Let's let sleeping dogs sleep and move on to the current Adams Jeep Jam thread so we can run new cars over and I can do something stupid to my Willys. The rest of you can come up and win a bunch of stuff I want but can win, lol.
See you on the trail or wave when you pass my little tan turd.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.