Anyone from DE? - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > Delaware Jeep Forum > Anyone from DE?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-11-2011, 09:26 PM   #46
Jweiant
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Felton - work in Dover

Jweiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:46 PM   #47
M6TJ

Used to live in Newark/Bear area, now I'm in Millersburg, PA... but had some fun down at the Canal on T-Day
M6TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2011, 05:58 PM   #48
whatevah
2012 JK Wrangler 

and the canal is off-limits for wheeling... has been for years.
Unread 12-03-2011, 07:29 AM   #49
M6TJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevahxj View Post
and the canal is off-limits for wheeling... has been for years.
That's why I only went for a Turkey Day drive along the main stretch of it... Just got lucky since it had been raining and came across some mud
M6TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #50
Detonatorjeep11
2011 JK Wrangler 

There's a few places not to far in lower NJ, not that i want to go to NJ. I just wating for the snow this year, i haven't even hit 3k on my jeep yet and i already ordered my Rubicon kit. I was thinking of doing 20s with 35s, do you guys think i should just stick with 18s for the 35s, alot better side wall.
Detonatorjeep11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 12:22 PM   #51
JBDETJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Wheeling

where in Jersey? How far from DE? I've been going to Rausch Park in Tremont, PA. About 2.5hr drive from Bear. Like RC but would like to find something closer.
JBDETJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2011, 04:14 PM   #52
whatevah
2012 JK Wrangler 

A few mud/sand trails in the "Pine Barrens". Look up Hammonton NJ on google maps then look north in that road-less area between Rt 30 and Rt 70. The place I usually go to is Wharton State Forest, it's about an hour away. No rocks, strictly mud, sand and water. Most of the forest is easy enough that you can do in 2wd with street tires but once you get into the muddy sections even trucks with tractor tires have problems (and dig the ruts even deeper so Jeeps don't have a chance without using a winch). I'm trying to figure out a route for a DEJA trip on New Years.
Unread 12-05-2011, 11:08 AM   #53
JBDETJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That sounds like a good run.

It's Joe here (cut.it.out on DÉJÀ) from our RC run the other week. I went back this past Sat as I said. Was great.

One of the guys in our group has the JK unlimited with 3" lift and 33's and got stuck in the same spot on that blue trail as the other week. Teetering on same rock!

My tires are getting worn, not sure if I could handle extreme mud with these. Debating what to do with my Jeep as we discussed. Could always go for the easier trails or I'll upgrade to 33 Dura Tracs like PainProphet.
JBDETJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2011, 06:16 AM   #54
spedly
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detonatorjeep11 View Post
There's a few places not to far in lower NJ, not that i want to go to NJ. I just wating for the snow this year, i haven't even hit 3k on my jeep yet and i already ordered my Rubicon kit. I was thinking of doing 20s with 35s, do you guys think i should just stick with 18s for the 35s, alot better side wall.
Id do 17's. You have a lot better tire selection and sidewall. If you are going to off-road there is no point in getting fancy wheels they will just get damaged.
Unread 12-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #55
Detonatorjeep11
2011 JK Wrangler 

It's across from atco It's a state park that will let you off road, they even have a clean up each year of old stuff left on the trails.
Detonatorjeep11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:41 AM   #56
CountryBoysZJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

From Mifflintown, PA, but visit down in Dover/Hazlettville area quite often.

There seems to be nothin' in Delaware, wheelin' wise. I thought we were unfortunate!

Not only that, but the stares I get when I cruise on down the strip in the TJ, its like I'm an alien. Ha.
No one in the Dover area thats a hardcore wheeler?
CountryBoysZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 01:34 PM   #57
whatevah
2012 JK Wrangler 

There are a couple big TJs around Dover, but most stay on the Delaware forum... www.delawareja.com/forum/ We do monthly rides at Rausch Creek, and the more hardcore guys goto Big Dogs regularly.
Unread 01-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #58
CountryBoysZJ
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I'm half an hour from Rausch Creek.
I was just curious seeing how Jeeps nothin around here and when I go down there, it's like I'm crazy or somethin.
We'll have to plan a get together sometime in Dover if y'all are interested.
CountryBoysZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 12:14 PM   #59
VamosJEEP
1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryBoysZJ View Post
From Mifflintown, PA, but visit down in Dover/Hazlettville area quite often.

There seems to be nothin' in Delaware, wheelin' wise. I thought we were unfortunate!

Not only that, but the stares I get when I cruise on down the strip in the TJ, its like I'm an alien. Ha.
No one in the Dover area thats a hardcore wheeler?
ESJA land is Technically in Delaware. But we are a MD Based club. I am only 20 mins from it.

We can say it's the only "Legal" Wheeling in Delaware at least.
VamosJEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #60
whatevah
2012 JK Wrangler 

it's legal because it's private land... there's a private spot about a mile from my house that a few people I know use for mudding, but it's not my thing. So, technically, there is "legal wheeling" in Delaware, but only if you know the owners of the property or pay the land fee and other rules that ESJA has.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.