Winslow WMA - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Winslow WMA

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Winslow WMA

Anybody been there? How are the trails? Legal??

In this picture I circled some places that look to be heavily wheeled. Just a guess I dont think those lakes would be legal but I dont know. They look like the lakes down in Manantico. Any input?

winslow.jpg  
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 05:32 AM   #2
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

other than the trail that goes to the blue hole it is illegal to be in the pit. The rules arre the same in all WMAs that allow motor vehicle access as those in state parks. (Wharton)
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:47 AM   #3
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

is the blue hole the big one?
Unread 02-10-2012, 06:51 AM   #4
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

yes tehre are two "Blue holes" in the area. The big blue one that you can see from your picture, used to be a popular swimming hole and a fun little pit to play in when it wasn't WMA property. Now that its a WMA they have been cracking down especially in teh summer months. The other "blue hole" which you cannot see in your picture is the legendary one that the morons from weird nj hyped up a few years back.
Unread 02-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

So both are off limits? I dont think you can swim in a WMA.
Unread 02-13-2012, 04:44 AM   #6
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

no swuimming in a WMA is correct, however you can tecnically wade through the water by the law. I tried iut and the game wharton laughed and stilll ticketed me. The big blue one you see on the map is off limits, the other one on the other side of Piney hollow yuou can drive right up to.
Unread 02-21-2012, 06:54 PM   #7
Gibson90kb
1996 ZJ 

I wheel this spot heavily, theres some climbing to be done and holes to bog through. Theres tow bits to ride. The sand bit by the blue hole on the right, and across the street by the archery field.

The trail from the archery field leads all the way back to 42. People are always swimming fishing and having fires by the hole. I got stuck recently there as my intake gobbled a bit of water and decided to get hydrolocked =]

Im ALWAYS willing to come let me know.
Gibson90kb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2012, 05:49 AM   #8
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

now watch this area get over popuylated and then watch people whine about tickets, then watch people cry about it gettintg barricaded off.
Unread 02-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #9
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
now watch this area get over popuylated and then watch people whine about tickets, then watch people cry about it gettintg barricaded off.
Here is what comes next...

They took all the trees
And put them in a tree museum
And they charged all the people
A dollar and a half to see 'em
Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got
Till it's gone
They paved paradise
And they put up a parking lot
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.