What would it take for south jersey? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > What would it take for south jersey?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 04-10-2011, 10:46 PM   #1
Onabudget3g
2000 XJ Cherokee 

What would it take for south jersey?

Just throwing this out there. What would it take for the state to turn a old sand pit into an OHV park.? Allowing road legal jeeps trucks etc. atvs and dirt bikes. Having riders of atvs and dirt bike sign a waiver like when chadsworth was around. Charge annual fees. Getting local companies to sponsor and donate, such as DHY, Kawasaki of hammonton, OK4wd, and local jeep dealerships.

Onabudget3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 04:26 AM   #2
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

A) It could never be within Pine Barrens boundries. Some greenie will find something (Pine Snake Dens, Timbler Rattler Dens, some kind of Salamander or PB Tree Frogs)
B) Could not be within hearable distance from neighbors, they will be at every township meeting complaining.
C)It could not be on a heavily used roadway. People will ***** about increased traffic
D) It can not hold any significant wildlife value.
Think about whats left.
Also keep in mind how much of the schools budgets are getting cut. I HIGHLY doubt that an ORV park will be first on their minds for a while. It sucks but facts are facts.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:09 AM   #3
Technohead
Old School

1998 ZJ 

^ All valid points but if people do not step up and fight for a fair share of land to enjoy our sport then we will get nothing.

There must be 4wd/ohv clubs operating in the area and perhaps even an umbrella association that these clubs belong to. Join forces with them.
Technohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2011, 06:40 AM   #4
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

As I have told you before there are a bunch of clubs in New Jersey. I belong to a few and in close contact with most of the ones I do not belong too. We need a peice of property to lease outside of the pine barenns preserve. You are not going to get an ORV park within the boundries of a National Preserve. The state is not going to fund any money towards one either.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.