What is this worth - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > What is this worth

Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WDGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 03-04-2014, 07:41 PM   #1
Bigmike84

What is this worth

I want a jeep, but need to sell my truck first. I have been looking and wow these keep there value. Saw one driving down the road and contacted seller. It's an 02 wrangler sport 4.0.
So I checked it out and appeared in good shape. Needs new soft top and windshield. Minimal rust and frame appeared in good shape. When shifting into and out of 4wd it to a couple try's to engage. Owner says engine only has 78000 miles but clock reads 222,000. Replaced a few years prior Does not look as if was beaten. Said daughter drive it for eight years and many trips to North Carolina where she was at school. With that said what would be a good deal on this or should I pass. It's bone stock. I would like bigger tires and a lift and other minor things. It won't be a dd but will use in bad weather and warm weather

Bigmike84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2014, 07:49 AM   #2
Reskar
2010 KK Liberty 

Did you check for rust on the frame and dents in the skid plates? Assuming you did but just wanted to check.
Reskar is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 09:06 AM   #3
Bigmike84

I did. I could feel som rust when I stuck my finger in frame but I did not see any on outside. My concern was mileage. When I test drove it he did not want me to bring to a mechanic. I don't know much about engines so was not to sure what to listen for. Drove fine. Only problem was it took a couple tries to get in and out of 4wd. There was a small oil leak and I noticed the oil to be a dark black. I change oil in my own vehicles and it never looked that dark. When talking about it his stories about maintaining it and who drove it did not appear truthful. It had 222000 miles on clOck but said engine was replaced and has about 78000 miles but he had no paperwork on that. Not having the knowledge of jeeps or engines I passed.
Unread 03-07-2014, 09:17 AM   #4
crouse11c
1985 CJ7 

Well first run a blue book take off about 20% for the mileage being off. I don't care if the engine has been swapped. When this happens ppl rig stuff up and make it harder to fix later. Second lift, tires cost Ali of money and most of the time you will not get your money back. Unless you know how to do yourself I think you will find a better deal with it already lifted. contact a local garage that fixes jeep they rob know 5-10 ppl selling one that they work on, this way you know a professional looked at it also.
crouse11c is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #5
Bigmike84

Thank

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.