wharton state forest info? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > wharton state forest info?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Reply
Unread 12-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
70ssclone
Registered User
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: baltimore md
Posts: 119
wharton state forest info?

Me and some friends want to go up new years day.what do I need to know? I.e. parking my tow rig and permits and the like.I've never wheeled jersey and want to try

70ssclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
jkrat
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: waretown,nj
Posts: 39
Stay on designated trails and snorkel wouldn't hurt.
jkrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
nottusyeroc
Registered User
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Farmingdale, Nj
Posts: 466
You must have a 100% street legal rig inspected and have plates on it.
nottusyeroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
dennis461
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atco, nj
Posts: 304
Bringing fireworks?
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
Ddayisnear
Registered User
2013  
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Lake hopatcong, Nj
Posts: 52
Be careful there, every thing must have papers and be legal, stay on trails, out of rivers n streams and don't pollute,. And u will b ok, mast water is deeper than u think and b prepared for water in the cab if u have every ''puddle''
Ddayisnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
kashoggio
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Newtown, PA
Posts: 587


Yup ... You can get stuck out there
__________________
2004 TJ RUBICON~ [COLOR="Lime"]LIME GREEN[/COLOR]

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]


[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
mudboy
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hammonton NJ
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ssclone View Post
Me and some friends want to go up new years day.what do I need to know? I.e. parking my tow rig and permits and the like.I've never wheeled jersey and want to try
Well my web security had me blocked from this site for a little while here at work. Hope all went well. I got pulled over by state park police New Years Eve out there.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
jamesdart
Registered User
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: nj
Posts: 536
get a ticket? learn anything new from them?
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
mudboy
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hammonton NJ
Posts: 693
Granted the State Park Police officer that pulled me over was a very nice guy, he was rather misinformed. I recieved no tickets due to the fact that the park is open 24/7 and my vehicle is 100% street legal and the beer that I had in between my legs was a non alcoholic brew. Where my problem comes is that he informed me that the trail that runs along side of the powerlines is NOT an established road. He told me it will not come up on a GPS or Google. Well if you look on google it comes up as an unamed road and if you look on this picture it is named Waverly as of 2007. Once again law Enforcment is basing their desicions strictly off of opinion. there is not one map available to the public that is ACCURATE enough to determine what is legal to diverse and what is not.If I got a ticket would I have fought it?????????? Hell yeah!!! Mopral of this story is that you have to have your ammo ready, cause if your caught off gaurd, you will not only be paying a fine, you will be considered one more illegal off roader in the books making us all look bad.
pulled-over.jpg  
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
NJXJ91
Registered User
2001 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 1,033
^^ If i ever get into trouble down there im asking you for advice lol
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #11
mudboy
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hammonton NJ
Posts: 693
Please do. I know pretty much every trail out there,Trucks/ATV/Hiking/FireCut . I also know the regs pretty good as well. This does not mean go off the main trail into the mud runs that go into swamps and it also doesn't mean to tear the living crap out of the main trails to where they become inpassable. I believe most state park police bank on the fact that most 4x4 guys don't actually know the rules or regss.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
nygiants
Registered User
1999 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: trenton, nj
Posts: 124
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
Granted the State Park Police officer that pulled me over was a very nice guy, he was rather misinformed. I recieved no tickets due to the fact that the park is open 24/7 and my vehicle is 100% street legal and the beer that I had in between my legs was a non alcoholic brew. Where my problem comes is that he informed me that the trail that runs along side of the powerlines is NOT an established road. He told me it will not come up on a GPS or Google. Well if you look on google it comes up as an unamed road and if you look on this picture it is named Waverly as of 2007. Once again law Enforcment is basing their desicions strictly off of opinion. there is not one map available to the public that is ACCURATE enough to determine what is legal to diverse and what is not.If I got a ticket would I have fought it?????????? Hell yeah!!! Mopral of this story is that you have to have your ammo ready, cause if your caught off gaurd, you will not only be paying a fine, you will be considered one more illegal off roader in the books making us all look bad.
Where in the pines would you suggest? Ive explored by the ranger station on 206 by atsion lake but had little luck with any decent trails. went down to carranza road and to apple pie hill last time and had fun looking for somewhere new though. any suggestions?
nygiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
dennis461
Registered User
1991 XJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Atco, nj
Posts: 304
There was a lot of activity on that "road" the other night.
I was going to drive over and ask what all the commotion was...

but I didn't have enough Peppermint Schnapps for a large crowd.
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #14
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: JBMDL, New Jersey
Posts: 1,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis461
There was a lot of activity on that "road" the other night.
I was going to drive over and ask what all the commotion was...

but I didn't have enough Peppermint Schnapps for a large crowd.
Ha. I've been around those roads a few times. Seems to me if they aren't marked to stay off and there's tire marks in front of me I've been pretty lucky. I'm also military so the cops see that and tend to warn me instead of a ticket.
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #15
mudboy
Registered User
1998 ZJ 
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Hammonton NJ
Posts: 693
Quote:
Originally Posted by nygiants View Post
Where in the pines would you suggest? Ive explored by the ranger station on 206 by atsion lake but had little luck with any decent trails. went down to carranza road and to apple pie hill last time and had fun looking for somewhere new though. any suggestions?
I stay on the opposite side of route 206 for the most part
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.