wharton state forest info? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > wharton state forest info?

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-28-2011, 11:55 AM   #1
70ssclone
1992 YJ Wrangler 

wharton state forest info?

Me and some friends want to go up new years day.what do I need to know? I.e. parking my tow rig and permits and the like.I've never wheeled jersey and want to try

70ssclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 02:43 PM   #2
jkrat
2008 JK Wrangler 

Stay on designated trails and snorkel wouldn't hurt.
jkrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 02:58 PM   #3
nottusyeroc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

You must have a 100% street legal rig inspected and have plates on it.
nottusyeroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 07:02 PM   #4
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Bringing fireworks?
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-28-2011, 09:16 PM   #5
Ddayisnear

Be careful there, every thing must have papers and be legal, stay on trails, out of rivers n streams and don't pollute,. And u will b ok, mast water is deeper than u think and b prepared for water in the cab if u have every ''puddle''
Ddayisnear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2011, 09:58 PM   #6
kashoggio

Yup ... You can get stuck out there

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:39 AM   #7
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ssclone View Post
Me and some friends want to go up new years day.what do I need to know? I.e. parking my tow rig and permits and the like.I've never wheeled jersey and want to try
Well my web security had me blocked from this site for a little while here at work. Hope all went well. I got pulled over by state park police New Years Eve out there.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #8
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

get a ticket? learn anything new from them?
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-03-2012, 01:31 PM   #9
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Granted the State Park Police officer that pulled me over was a very nice guy, he was rather misinformed. I recieved no tickets due to the fact that the park is open 24/7 and my vehicle is 100% street legal and the beer that I had in between my legs was a non alcoholic brew. Where my problem comes is that he informed me that the trail that runs along side of the powerlines is NOT an established road. He told me it will not come up on a GPS or Google. Well if you look on google it comes up as an unamed road and if you look on this picture it is named Waverly as of 2007. Once again law Enforcment is basing their desicions strictly off of opinion. there is not one map available to the public that is ACCURATE enough to determine what is legal to diverse and what is not.If I got a ticket would I have fought it?????????? Hell yeah!!! Mopral of this story is that you have to have your ammo ready, cause if your caught off gaurd, you will not only be paying a fine, you will be considered one more illegal off roader in the books making us all look bad.
pulled-over.jpg  
Unread 01-03-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

^^ If i ever get into trouble down there im asking you for advice lol
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2012, 04:55 AM   #11
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Please do. I know pretty much every trail out there,Trucks/ATV/Hiking/FireCut . I also know the regs pretty good as well. This does not mean go off the main trail into the mud runs that go into swamps and it also doesn't mean to tear the living crap out of the main trails to where they become inpassable. I believe most state park police bank on the fact that most 4x4 guys don't actually know the rules or regss.
Unread 01-06-2013, 09:50 AM   #12
nygiants
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
Granted the State Park Police officer that pulled me over was a very nice guy, he was rather misinformed. I recieved no tickets due to the fact that the park is open 24/7 and my vehicle is 100% street legal and the beer that I had in between my legs was a non alcoholic brew. Where my problem comes is that he informed me that the trail that runs along side of the powerlines is NOT an established road. He told me it will not come up on a GPS or Google. Well if you look on google it comes up as an unamed road and if you look on this picture it is named Waverly as of 2007. Once again law Enforcment is basing their desicions strictly off of opinion. there is not one map available to the public that is ACCURATE enough to determine what is legal to diverse and what is not.If I got a ticket would I have fought it?????????? Hell yeah!!! Mopral of this story is that you have to have your ammo ready, cause if your caught off gaurd, you will not only be paying a fine, you will be considered one more illegal off roader in the books making us all look bad.
Where in the pines would you suggest? Ive explored by the ranger station on 206 by atsion lake but had little luck with any decent trails. went down to carranza road and to apple pie hill last time and had fun looking for somewhere new though. any suggestions?
nygiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 03:19 PM   #13
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

There was a lot of activity on that "road" the other night.
I was going to drive over and ask what all the commotion was...

but I didn't have enough Peppermint Schnapps for a large crowd.
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-06-2013, 08:07 PM   #14
squishy
Web Wheeler
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis461
There was a lot of activity on that "road" the other night.
I was going to drive over and ask what all the commotion was...

but I didn't have enough Peppermint Schnapps for a large crowd.
Ha. I've been around those roads a few times. Seems to me if they aren't marked to stay off and there's tire marks in front of me I've been pretty lucky. I'm also military so the cops see that and tend to warn me instead of a ticket.
squishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-09-2013, 08:26 AM   #15
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nygiants View Post
Where in the pines would you suggest? Ive explored by the ranger station on 206 by atsion lake but had little luck with any decent trails. went down to carranza road and to apple pie hill last time and had fun looking for somewhere new though. any suggestions?
I stay on the opposite side of route 206 for the most part

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.