Wharton Run Version 2 - Page 8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Wharton Run Version 2

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Don't forget the Jeep Forum discount, 10% off!Ruffstuff's Monster Shock Brackets!

Unread 04-10-2010, 10:50 PM   #106
Medic22
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfreekshow View Post
may 8th sounds good to me, hopefully ill have my snorkel and cb installed by then. luckily i didnt have any water in my air box but i want to not have to worry so much like i did today to suck water in. hows your gauges Medic?
Yeah that water is an issue, haha

The guages have been hangin out good as of now. No issues since I left the water, and had it freak out on me once when I got back. Looks like I got some mud or sand on the oil pressure sending unit. Ill take a peek at it tomorrow when I change my oil and fluids.

Good run guys

Unread 04-10-2010, 11:46 PM   #107
ridebmxfbm
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Cant attend saturdays.. May 9th would be better for me and a few rigs since its Sunday
Detroit Lockers front and rear

Central Jersey 4x4
ridebmxfbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2010, 11:53 PM   #108
ARMSTRONG

AJ and I had a good time. Nice meeting everyone. Al

WTS 16.5x12 black steel rims 8x6.5
ARMSTRONG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 12:22 AM   #109
yellowjacket681
2002 TJ Wrangler 

i couldnt make it due to working... i think id rather sit in a bobcat all day and make $160 then go wheelin with no money... ill be out next weekend though for sure...
Unread 04-11-2010, 07:39 AM   #110
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARMSTRONG View Post
AJ and I had a good time. Nice meeting everyone. Al
it was nice meeting you and everyone we ran with yesturday, you sure showed no fear lol

and to yellowjacket, trust me man i dont blame you one bit for taking money over riding. proirities out weigh fun, most of the time lol plus if you didnt work, how else would you afford to mod your jeep

i prefer going out saturdays since i work monday thru fridays and i dont want to worry about being out too late on a sunday and what not, but we can all work on a date.
Unread 04-11-2010, 04:54 PM   #111
PolakX
1992 YJ Wrangler 

Finally got what pics I could get before my battery died up ... You can check them out at
Browse Album :: Pinebarrens 4-10-10
PolakX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #112
yellowjacket681
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfreekshow View Post
and to yellowjacket, trust me man i dont blame you one bit for taking money over riding. proirities out weigh fun, most of the time lol plus if you didnt work, how else would you afford to mod your jeep
yea def... i had a blast playin with a bob cat on a pretty steep hill haha thats was the most fun i had in a while lol but my gfs dad asked me to work with him so i said yea sure... hey 160 is better then 0
Unread 04-12-2010, 02:50 PM   #113
Medic22
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Unread 04-12-2010, 05:20 PM   #114
gotmudnj
2004 TJ Wrangler 

i ended up wheeling it after bending the lca bracket it didnt move when we hooked up to it and pulled it back so i said f it and continued to wheel...took it easy a little bit....i ordered new parts today...rustys lca bracket,re fixed lcas inner axle seal for passanger side and also outer axle seals for both sides so hopefully il be back wheelin in the next few weeks. may 8 can not make it..im going north to the highpoint mud slingers but il be down in pines probly week after that so....
Unread 04-13-2010, 12:38 AM   #115
fwlslyr
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic22 View Post
The may run will be posted soon.

If there is interest for May 8th, I'd be down for a run that day.
I know there is a jeep show in North Jersey that day for the diabetes event. Unfortunately, my XJ isn't much to show and it's a long drive so I will not be attendance up there.
Just for your info. Our group (Dirty Jersey) will be there may 6-9. We will be at the batona campsite off of Carranza road. We will have 2 yj''s, 1 tj, 2 CJ5's, 2 CJ7's and a 73 Bronco. Thats the core group. I have the smallest jeep with 34's. Everyone is fully locked front and back with winches and two of the jeep are on 38.5's. We take about three trips per day. If you don't know of the campsite as you aproach high crossing (the hump were the railroad tracks are) make a left and follow the tracks until you come to pavement (carranza road) make a left and then a right at the campsite sign. We will be in the back left site. The campsite is located very close to all the best trails.

For those of you that don't know carranza road. There was a mexican who flew solo across the atlantic starting in Europe. I think it was the first solo flight in that direction. HE crashed and died in Wharton. There is a monument on Carranza road that is named after him. Please correct any details I may have got wrong.
Warn 8274, 34" LTB's, 4" Lift, Cheapo Aluminum Wheels, Home made Snorkel, Stainless Nerf Bars and airbox, Dual exhaust, fully locked 44's, CB, high lift, LCD tail lights, KC's.
fwlslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 06:35 PM   #116
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwlslyr View Post
For those of you that don't know carranza road. There was a mexican who flew solo across the atlantic starting in Europe. I think it was the first solo flight in that direction. HE crashed and died in Wharton. There is a monument on Carranza road that is named after him. Please correct any details I may have got wrong.
actually,
Mexico City to New York and then back again (almost).
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 09:19 PM   #117
fwlslyr
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis461 View Post
actually,
Mexico City to New York and then back again (almost).
Thanks Dennis. Stop by the campsite in May.
Warn 8274, 34" LTB's, 4" Lift, Cheapo Aluminum Wheels, Home made Snorkel, Stainless Nerf Bars and airbox, Dual exhaust, fully locked 44's, CB, high lift, LCD tail lights, KC's.
fwlslyr is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.