Wharton Run Version 2 - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Wharton Run Version 2

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-05-2010, 08:06 AM   #46
Blazin Den
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Medic, You ever get that control arm bracket fixed.

95 White YJ 2.5L/AX-5 Stock on 31s. Ground Pounder Fab (BESRK) Front Bumper, Herculined Interior, Windshield/Front Bumper Mounted Lights, Uniden PRO 520XL Cb,Hidden Hitch Trailer Hitch, Bestop Supertop, Modified CJ7 Hardtop and CJ7 Twist Handle Full Doors (winter)
Blazin Den is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 08:25 AM   #47
Medic22
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin Den View Post
Medic, You ever get that control arm bracket fixed.
Yep! got it done on sat morning. LETS GO.
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #48
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vansskaterfreek View Post
me....."hey look powerlines"
njfreekshow......"powerlines are no good, lots of deep crap and had bad experiences"
me......."oh what the hell, ill try it"
njfreekshow....."you dumb *** you got us stuck"
me....... "oops lol get the come-along out"

good times and good learning experiences
maybe next time man you'll listen to me, like i said before, i go quading and from experience powerlines arent always good lol
Unread 04-05-2010, 05:34 PM   #49
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkatc View Post
What about newbies that don't want to mud up thier NEW (to them) TJ? I guess i don't mind mud but I don't want mud/water on the inside.
That is entirely up to you, right?
I mean, it's your rig, you're driving it.

When it looks too bad, get someones attention and let them know you've got to turn back.

Sometimes it only takes one sensible person to get a few others to bail out of the bad stuff.
And, when the newbies outnumber the others, everyone can turn back and find different trails.

As for go-arounds, there are some places where the go around is a lake

I spent a lot of time this past winter making k-turns if you know what I mean.

If several newbies with clean rigs show up and the group wants to stay away from the nasty stuff, I can lead some short runs to let everyone get a feel for the trails, like out and back to the parking lot.
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:10 PM   #50
tkatc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cool...don't want to sound like a wuss but just not ready to see my rig submerged.

On a side note, I only have a rear tow hook but I figure if i put d-rings in my warn front bumper I will pass inspection...yes? And any place to get d-rings locally?

One more thing from locals...I just got a small utility trailer to haul a quad and home projects...i installed the wire harness but I CANNOT seem to drill into the frame for the ground. Anyone accomplish this? Also...my warn bumper has a reciever hitch (I know, not rated for towing) but there are no "rings' to attach the safety chains...anybody local that can weld some simple rings to my bumper?
tkatc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:12 PM   #51
tkatc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Oh...and i just got the last shipment of my "Ultimate TJ lift kit" from DPGOFFROAD. Should be starting on that next week or so...
Unread 04-06-2010, 05:55 AM   #52
Beaniam

Quote:
And any place to get d-rings locally?

...anybody local that can weld some simple rings to my bumper?
Can get everything you need here Joseph Fazzio, Inc.- Seller of new/used surplus material-steel,pipe,stainless, aluminum etc.
If you're in Sewell you're right near them.

I can weld on safety chain retainers
Unread 04-06-2010, 05:58 AM   #53
Devilsmed98
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I'm going to be there at 10am with about a 4 vehicle group on Saturday also, see you guys there.
~Black WK Club Member #9~
2011 WKII Overland
2007 WK Limited[/COLOR]
1995 YJ Rio Grande
Devilsmed98 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2010, 06:54 AM   #54
tkatc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey Thanks Beanjam...I was sort of thinking about Fazzio's....I live about 2 miles away. I will have to check them out. I would be very grateful if you welded some rings for me...but Tabernacle is a hike eh?

This site is awesome....I like the technical sections but the local section is coming through also...awesome!!
Stay tuned for my lift project....that should be interesting.
Unread 04-06-2010, 09:58 PM   #55
fwlslyr
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Cool...don't want to sound like a wuss but just not ready to see my rig submerged.

On a side note, I only have a rear tow hook but I figure if i put d-rings in my warn front bumper I will pass inspection...yes? And any place to get d-rings locally?

One more thing from locals...I just got a small utility trailer to haul a quad and home projects...i installed the wire harness but I CANNOT seem to drill into the frame for the ground. Anyone accomplish this? Also...my warn bumper has a reciever hitch (I know, not rated for towing) but there are no "rings' to attach the safety chains...anybody local that can weld some simple rings to my bumper?
Fazio's in glassboro. THe place gives me a ****on!
Warn 8274, 34" LTB's, 4" Lift, Cheapo Aluminum Wheels, Home made Snorkel, Stainless Nerf Bars and airbox, Dual exhaust, fully locked 44's, CB, high lift, LCD tail lights, KC's.
fwlslyr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 05:24 AM   #56
Beaniam

Quote:
Hey Thanks Beanjam...I was sort of thinking about Fazzio's....I live about 2 miles away. I will have to check them out. I would be very grateful if you welded some rings for me...but Tabernacle is a hike eh?

This site is awesome....I like the technical sections but the local section is coming through also...awesome!!
Stay tuned for my lift project....that should be interesting.
It takes me about 25 minutes to get to Fazzios. I live 5 minutes from the Atsion ranger station.
Unread 04-07-2010, 07:08 AM   #57
tkatc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

WOW...you guys were right about Fazzio's. That place is cool. Only got 2 stainless d-rings (5/8 I believe) but they were only 8 bucks a piece. I did see some very nice tow straps...all pretty cheap. I would have to say I will check there before any hardware store again.

I could probably just go buy him out of a lot of things and make a living on ebay...LOL
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:12 AM   #58
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

everything still on for this Saturday? and where everyone is meeting up is the building right in front of Atison Lake right? sorry, i'm not too familiar with the area. also, it really isn't a problem for a stock newbie coming out right? i don't want to hold anyone back and what not.
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:19 AM   #59
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfreekshow View Post
everything still on for this Saturday? and where everyone is meeting up is the building right in front of Atison Lake right? sorry, i'm not too familiar with the area. also, it really isn't a problem for a stock newbie coming out right? i don't want to hold anyone back and what not.
Im not going but its right past the lake, say half a mile, on 206(coming from the expressway or pike). You pass a couple trails on your way. Its the Atsion Ranger station, wooden horse fence around a huge grass/dirt lot with jeeps, trucks, and possibly some horse trailers.

When you see it you'll know
BriansCJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-07-2010, 10:25 AM   #60
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriansCJ View Post
Im not going but its right past the lake, say half a mile, on 206(coming from the expressway or pike). You pass a couple trails on your way. Its the Atsion Ranger station, wooden horse fence around a huge grass/dirt lot with jeeps, trucks, and possibly some horse trailers.

When you see it you'll know
its basically a bit after the atsion rd & rt 206 intersection, correct? i've actually been driving down pass there lately whenever i want to get out of the house, i turn onto Atsion Rd and thought that building across from it was the Ranger station. thanks man, i just dont want to get there late and miss yous, hoping i can make it out.

i guess heres an updated list:

1. Medic 22
2. SamPsychoWise
3. Beaniam
4. Stevepie
5. PolakX
6. Stamos
7. Yellowjacket681

Maybe:
1. ARB-XJ
2. dennis461
3. Gotmudnj
4. thetaxman
5. njfreekshow

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.