Wharton Run June 12th - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Wharton Run June 12th

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-13-2010, 09:22 PM   #61
TheGuyFromNJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfreekshow View Post
i think everyone got stuck once, but maybe TheGuyFromNJ. i cant remember if he did or not. when we got to the tower, i had about 2" of water in my airbox after going through the one thing of water when it got inside my XJ. it was a real fun day though, thanks alot guys.
I'm usually the one trying to get stuck, but I didn't get stuck this time. I think I could have tried harder.

TheGuyFromNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 09:15 AM   #62
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

that you are the one who normally gets stuck, kind of disappointed you werent trying hard enough Joe. theres always next time lol
Unread 06-14-2010, 09:50 AM   #63
TheGuyFromNJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I will try harder next time. My winch taking a crap really got me burned up. I called 4WD and they have a solenoid on the way, they have great cust svc.

Next run will have to be a Sunday, I'm out of Saturday vacations.
Unread 06-14-2010, 10:44 AM   #64
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

if im doing a Sunday run, i'll probably have to bail around 2pm-3pm. ya, i can believe that your winch kicking the bucket really got you down. all the stucks were a bit bothersome for me, just wasnt looking good and i already got water in my air box once. i'll probably set up a run mid July because i have some work to take care of before i take my XJ back out.

jsebastian, ya my wife took a picture of you peeing lol everyone whos seen that picture has meantioned it to me for the most part.
Unread 06-14-2010, 06:54 PM   #65
jsebastian
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entropy128 View Post
I give you stockers a lot of cred for not getting hydrolocked / stuck more.
Did you check your airbox yet? There has to be a small puddle in there.
I checked when I got home... either it drained itself out or there wasn't much water in there...

njfreekshow, i really wasn't peeing. I was, uh, looking for another way around...yeah that's it...
jsebastian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2010, 07:11 PM   #66
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

lol ya im sure you were jsebastian. i didnt have any water in my airbox but that one time, but now i have a metallic scraping sound going on with my jeep as well as an oil leak i need to locate. looks like i might have to take my jeep off the road for now :-(
Unread 06-14-2010, 08:22 PM   #67
TheGuyFromNJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
but now i have a metallic scraping sound going on with my jeep (
The noise might just be wharton in your brakes somewhere. Happens to me all the time, it usually will go away on its own.
Unread 06-14-2010, 08:28 PM   #68
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyFromNJ View Post
The noise might just be wharton in your brakes somewhere. Happens to me all the time, it usually will go away on its own.
my SIL's bf thinks its a bad pulley bear, because i'll start up my XJ and let it run. after about a minute or 2, it starts to sound like its scraping while idling. i can set on the gas and it sounds like it goes away a bit, but that could also be because my exhaust starts roaring. either way, i wont be hitting the trails til i get all the crap i have to do and its not a small bit of work lol

edit: i have 2 video clips from my cell phone but they arent the best quality.
Unread 06-15-2010, 12:13 AM   #69
Entropy128
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
my SIL's bf thinks its a bad pulley bear, because i'll start up my XJ and let it run. after about a minute or 2, it starts to sound like its scraping while idling. i can set on the gas and it sounds like it goes away a bit, but that could also be because my exhaust starts roaring.
The pines ate my idler pulley bearings last time. Good thing a replacement was only $8.

I have an intermittent grinding from that area again, but only for about 5 min after I start the engine. I feel like it just needs to work the sand out of itself, and that it will go away on its own this time. My engine is quiet enough that I can hear it unless the music is blasting.

Other than that, it smells like a sewer, and I get a cyclone of sand whenever the front windows are down. It'll work itself out.
Entropy128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2010, 06:39 AM   #70
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

right now i stole my wife`s WJ til my buddy comes up and looks at my jeep. im hoping its the bearing in my pulley, but it sounds bad. its fine for a minute or 2 but i started it before i went to bed and it was affecting my idle. it sounded as though my engine was going to cut off. i step on the gas a bit and it sounds a bit better. figures, i pay off my WJ and my XJ craps out on me lol i just dont want to take the risk of driving it and hope it works itsself out.
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:41 AM   #71
yellowjacket681
2002 TJ Wrangler 

my heep is fine hehe my theory is "if you beat the balls off your vehicle it wont brake... if you baby your vehicle, youll have problems forever!"
Unread 06-15-2010, 08:57 AM   #72
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

thats a good theory yellowjacket, i feel like i beat on it enough lol didnt this past weekend prove that? lol

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.