Wharton Run 5/1 - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Wharton Run 5/1

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 04-19-2010, 08:54 PM   #31
ralph2591
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medic22 View Post
They should be fine.

There are go around for just about everything
Ok sweet thanks a lot ill let you guys know

ralph2591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2010, 09:09 PM   #32
tkatc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Ugghhh...I hate that you guys always go on Saturdays. I work Saturdays but off Sundays. i just went to Wharton for the first time this past Sunday. I had NO idea where to go or how I was going to get out of anything should I get stuck. Fortunately there was only one area I could have gotten stuck and there was already a pick up there backing up. It was a deep puddle/stream with 2 steel drainage pipes across the trail. I was able to hop over them with little effort but only after the pick up assured me he would pull me out if I failed. I made it...he tried and got hung up. He had to go back but needed help. I tried to pull him forward but no dice....he got puck back from behind from the next pick up that came along.

Anyway....can anyone show me a map or an entry area? i was trying to find that open "play area" i saw on youtube videos.
tkatc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 04:41 AM   #33
fwlslyr
1975 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkatc View Post
Ugghhh...I hate that you guys always go on Saturdays. I work Saturdays but off Sundays. i just went to Wharton for the first time this past Sunday. I had NO idea where to go or how I was going to get out of anything should I get stuck. Fortunately there was only one area I could have gotten stuck and there was already a pick up there backing up. It was a deep puddle/stream with 2 steel drainage pipes across the trail. I was able to hop over them with little effort but only after the pick up assured me he would pull me out if I failed. I made it...he tried and got hung up. He had to go back but needed help. I tried to pull him forward but no dice....he got puck back from behind from the next pick up that came along.

Anyway....can anyone show me a map or an entry area? i was trying to find that open "play area" i saw on youtube videos.
By the way Jeff with the YJ in the video lives in Sewell.
I am camping out there from 6-9. I would be glad to show you around on the 9th. If I'm still running. I grew up in Sewell. Are you in the town or washington township? Come out to the Batona campsite on Carranza road anytime between the 6 th and the 9th. Let me know if you need directions. The campsite si very close to the spot below and these vehilcles will be there.

cj5 skipjonjeff.AVI videos from jeeps videos on webshots

The owner of the YJ lives in Sewell!
Warn 8274, 34" LTB's, 4" Lift, Cheapo Aluminum Wheels, Home made Snorkel, Stainless Nerf Bars and airbox, Dual exhaust, fully locked 44's, CB, high lift, LCD tail lights, KC's.

Last edited by fwlslyr; 04-20-2010 at 04:43 AM.. Reason: new info
fwlslyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 05:47 AM   #34
Medic22
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It was a deep puddle/stream with 2 steel drainage pipes across the trail.
Be very careful with these pipes. We've had 3 rigs (including mine) wave goodbye to their lower control arm mounts because of them.
Unread 04-20-2010, 07:57 AM   #35
tkatc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hey thanks guy....I might just take you up on the 9th. Not sure how life will pan out til then but we'll see. I am torn about tearing up my heep cause I just got her and sunk a good deal of cash into her. Plus she is soooo purdy it is almost a shame....

I live in township now. I am not ll that familiar with the area. i grew up in Bucks County, PA.
Unread 04-20-2010, 05:09 PM   #36
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Hey thanks guy....I might just take you up on the 9th. Not sure how life will pan out til then but we'll see. I am torn about tearing up my heep cause I just got her and sunk a good deal of cash into her. Plus she is soooo purdy it is almost a shame....

I live in township now. I am not ll that familiar with the area. i grew up in Bucks County, PA.
You can always fix it. We ride our 05 Rubicon HARD, for it being on 33s with no snorkel. It was a DD up until 2 weeks ago. Its got 135,000 on it.

I should be able to make it out wheelin after June.
BriansCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 05:40 PM   #37
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Ugghhh...I hate that you guys always go on Saturdays. I work Saturdays but off Sundays. Anyway....can .
Pick a Sunday you can definetly get out there.
Start a new thread for an easy ride.
I'm sure some other locals would like to try a ride were no one breaks the bank Meet at my local WAWA and I'll be in.

As for that Batona camping..I'm loading up the firewood and the camcorder.
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-20-2010, 07:09 PM   #38
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i would do a sunday but since i work sundays i dont want to worry about having to get home by a certain time and what not. but definately make a new thread and set something up man. i hope everyone enjoys themselves at the Batona camping thing.
Unread 04-20-2010, 08:24 PM   #39
MUDRFR
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Be very careful with these pipes. We've had 3 rigs (including mine) wave goodbye to their lower control arm mounts because of them.
Damn Wharton pipes... We hit the double pipe this weekend as well. I think it's on Devious Mnt. Road if I remember correctly. We actually towed/winched a clutchless JK over it around 1:00 AM Saturday morning..

\/ this is from a run back in February..on a different trail.

Unread 04-20-2010, 09:40 PM   #40
tkatc
2004 TJ Wrangler 

WOW...the pipes i was talking about are nowhere NEAR that big. The double pipes i saw were only about 1/4 the size of that monster.
Unread 04-21-2010, 06:48 AM   #41
funfactor89
1993 ZJ 

i might go. Question is do you think i could have any fun out there. I don't mind going in a little mud but i definately don't want to be a submarine. My jeep is my daily driver and it's in great shape 70,000 original miles, and would like to keep it in good shap. 93 ZJ with 2" BB with 235/75/15 tires. So basically stock and i only have a hitch for rear recovery. No front hooks and no junkyard around me have any that i can get cheaply.
funfactor89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-21-2010, 07:08 AM   #42
Medic22
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funfactor89 View Post
i might go. Question is do you think i could have any fun out there. I don't mind going in a little mud but i definately don't want to be a submarine. My jeep is my daily driver and it's in great shape 70,000 original miles, and would like to keep it in good shap. 93 ZJ with 2" BB with 235/75/15 tires. So basically stock and i only have a hitch for rear recovery. No front hooks and no junkyard around me have any that i can get cheaply.
No front hooks is a no go, sorry.

I'd suggest hitting up quadratec.... a set of front hooks will run you in the area of $50-60 bucks.

There is plenty of fun to be had at wharton. We had a stock XJ with us last time I was down... he did fine, didnt flood his jeep out, get stuck, or get any trail rash (that I know of).

Be mindful the branches and be ready for a good washing and waxing the next day and you'll be good to go.

But as I said before...no hooks isa no go.
Unread 04-21-2010, 07:24 AM   #43
njfreekshow
1999 XJ Cherokee 

i have to agree with Medic22, no front hooks is a no go. my buddy and i went out recently and he got stuck, he has tow hooks on but without brackets and i didnt feel comfortable pulling him out. definately get them and we`ll be glad to have you out.

and Medic, my stock XJ had no issues at all and no trail rash when we went out. being at the butt end of the line and seeing how everyone went through taught me what path was the best way. i think as long as it doesnt rain heavily through the week, any stock vechile would do fine, even a newbie like me
Unread 04-21-2010, 07:30 AM   #44
Medic22
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfreekshow View Post
i think as long as it doesnt rain heavily through the week, any stock vechile would do fine, even a newbie like me
We're lookin at about 7 days straight of rain down there.
Unread 04-21-2010, 09:36 AM   #45
funfactor89
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
No front hooks is a no go, sorry.

I'd suggest hitting up quadratec.... a set of front hooks will run you in the area of $50-60 bucks.

There is plenty of fun to be had at wharton. We had a stock XJ with us last time I was down... he did fine, didnt flood his jeep out, get stuck, or get any trail rash (that I know of).

Be mindful the branches and be ready for a good washing and waxing the next day and you'll be good to go.

But as I said before...no hooks isa no go.
ouch...tow hooks for grands are $100 on quadratec. Looks like i won't be going
funfactor89 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.