Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Wharton Run 5/1

6K views 117 replies 19 participants last post by  njfreekshow 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm interested if anyone is up to going back into Wharton May 1st, I had a blast this past weekend (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f160/wharton-run-version-2-a-976281/) with the guys I drove with and would like to do it again.

Date: May 1st
Meeting Place: Atsion Ranger Station
GPS: 39.742813,-74.725832

724 U.S. 206
Vincentown, NJ 08088

I'm thinking 9:30am and hitting the trails around 10am.

May 1st would work the best out for me since something came up on the 8th, plus there is the Jeep club Diabetes event in Sussex,NJ that i don't want to interfere with.

I'll put a list at the bottom of this post and update it whenever someone is in, out, or a maybe so there is no searching multiple pages for an updated list.

In:
1. njfreekshow
2. ARMSTRONG
3. PolakX
4. TheGuyFromNJ plus a few others

Maybe:
1. JerseyDubbin
2. ralph2591
3. ARB-XJ
4. funfactor89
5. Medic22

See less See more
#3 ·
i'll put you down as a maybe and honestly man, i'm running a bone stock XJ with street tires and i made it through every thing of water we went through. just have to ride them smart and have tow points on both front and back, that's the only thing i recommand.

#7 ·
glad to hear your in Medic, i need another XJ there so i dont get too lonely lol

ya, this is open for whoever. depending on how many people show we might have to split into 2 or 3 groups but we'll see about that.

hmmmmm, i dont know Armstrong, that Dodge just might be TOO big lol jk man, definately have room for you man. as long as you dont tear up the mud that i cant get through, we'll be good :) but i have faith you wont, since you didnt on Saturday.

i know i'll be out with my XJ and vansskaterfreek will hopefully be out with his ZJ, if not hes riding shotgun with me since he missed the 4/10 run. i'll add Medic to the list and Armstrong, do you want me to add you Ralph2591?

#22 ·
hope you fix it soon PolaxK, sorry to hear it happen. and TheGuyFromNJ, na thats kool. we might have to split up but we`ll figure it out in the morning when we meet up. we may have a big group or small, i know my buddy and i will be out there either in both our jeeps or just my xj (hes still waiting on his lift)

#24 ·
glad to hear that man, i cant wait. as of right now, im not sure if i'll bring my XJ. i might make Vansskaterfreek do all the driving lol ill be there nonetheless as long as nothing important comes up

#26 ·
i had to get my front shaft rebuilt, it started making noise in the beginning of our last run. i was in 2 wheel almost all day. i thought it was best to save it. just in case i really needed it.:laugh :

#27 ·
i added you arb-xj

armstrong, you were in 2 wheel all day? damn, even though it didnt look like you needed 4x4 lol hope the rebuild went well and smooth.

i cant wait for may 1st, went out this past sunday and had no problem going through anything :)

#32 ·
Ugghhh...I hate that you guys always go on Saturdays. I work Saturdays but off Sundays. i just went to Wharton for the first time this past Sunday. I had NO idea where to go or how I was going to get out of anything should I get stuck. Fortunately there was only one area I could have gotten stuck and there was already a pick up there backing up. It was a deep puddle/stream with 2 steel drainage pipes across the trail. I was able to hop over them with little effort but only after the pick up assured me he would pull me out if I failed. I made it...he tried and got hung up. He had to go back but needed help. I tried to pull him forward but no dice....he got puck back from behind from the next pick up that came along.

Anyway....can anyone show me a map or an entry area? i was trying to find that open "play area" i saw on youtube videos.

#33 · (Edited)
Ugghhh...I hate that you guys always go on Saturdays. I work Saturdays but off Sundays. i just went to Wharton for the first time this past Sunday. I had NO idea where to go or how I was going to get out of anything should I get stuck. Fortunately there was only one area I could have gotten stuck and there was already a pick up there backing up. It was a deep puddle/stream with 2 steel drainage pipes across the trail. I was able to hop over them with little effort but only after the pick up assured me he would pull me out if I failed. I made it...he tried and got hung up. He had to go back but needed help. I tried to pull him forward but no dice....he got puck back from behind from the next pick up that came along.

Anyway....can anyone show me a map or an entry area? i was trying to find that open "play area" i saw on youtube videos.
By the way Jeff with the YJ in the video lives in Sewell.
I am camping out there from 6-9. I would be glad to show you around on the 9th. If I'm still running. I grew up in Sewell. Are you in the town or washington township? Come out to the Batona campsite on Carranza road anytime between the 6 th and the 9th. Let me know if you need directions. The campsite si very close to the spot below and these vehilcles will be there.

cj5 skipjonjeff.AVI videos from jeeps videos on webshots

The owner of the YJ lives in Sewell!

#35 ·
Hey thanks guy....I might just take you up on the 9th. Not sure how life will pan out til then but we'll see. I am torn about tearing up my heep cause I just got her and sunk a good deal of cash into her. Plus she is soooo purdy it is almost a shame....

I live in township now. I am not ll that familiar with the area. i grew up in Bucks County, PA.

#38 ·
i would do a sunday but since i work sundays i dont want to worry about having to get home by a certain time and what not. but definately make a new thread and set something up man. i hope everyone enjoys themselves at the Batona camping thing.

#41 ·
i might go. Question is do you think i could have any fun out there. I don't mind going in a little mud but i definately don't want to be a submarine. My jeep is my daily driver and it's in great shape 70,000 original miles, and would like to keep it in good shap. 93 ZJ with 2" BB with 235/75/15 tires. So basically stock and i only have a hitch for rear recovery. No front hooks and no junkyard around me have any that i can get cheaply.

#42 ·
No front hooks is a no go, sorry.

I'd suggest hitting up quadratec.... a set of front hooks will run you in the area of $50-60 bucks.

There is plenty of fun to be had at wharton. We had a stock XJ with us last time I was down... he did fine, didnt flood his jeep out, get stuck, or get any trail rash (that I know of).

Be mindful the branches and be ready for a good washing and waxing the next day and you'll be good to go.

But as I said before...no hooks isa no go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.