wharton 07/29/12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > wharton 07/29/12

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-28-2012, 07:10 AM   #1
BCP1979

wharton 07/29/12

looking to go out wheeling tomorrow, had a few people back out, and looking to get some more going
thinking of hitting up wharton.
let me know if anyone is interested
bringing 11 rubicon and 09 sport with some work.

BCP1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-28-2012, 03:42 PM   #2
BCP1979

no one?
Unread 07-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #3
gcan
2008 JK Wrangler 

sorry, already have plans. how 'bout next week!!!
gcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-29-2012, 07:40 AM   #4
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCP1979 View Post
no one?
I'd suggest that with your signature showing Queens, NY, you should try more advance notice.
If Wharton is your destination, it's possible only the locals would be able to go on such short notice.

dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2012, 04:12 AM   #5
BCP1979

yeah sorry on that, we were supposed to head out to stag hill, but everyone dropped out last minute and a friend and myself had already screwed our schedules up to go out that day.
Was just seeing if anyone was already heading out there that I could tag along with. no winch, so don't want to head out alone.
I gotta fix my location, don't live in queens anymore lol.
Unread 07-31-2012, 07:19 PM   #6
agenbroad99
2008 JK Wrangler 

Hey Stagg Hill is awesome. Was there a few months ago. Looking to get back there in Sep. Where you from now BCP?
2008 JKUS Banks Monster, 4.88 G2 Gears, PureJeep Rocker Guards, AEV Savegre w/315/70/17 Duratracs, Body Armor Rear w/Tire carrier, Teraflex 3" with Bilsteins, Rough Country Bumper with Engo 10K install, Evo sleeves and gussets, oh yeah and Flat Fenders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whKFbphWpvY&feature=player_embedded
agenbroad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #7
SteeSin
1998 XJ Cherokee 

How is wharton? Ive never been there before, are there basic trails you can ride on or is the whole park some serious off road ****? Lol
SteeSin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
agenbroad99
2008 JK Wrangler 

I went to wharton. Was not impressed. Flat and a lot of water crossing. Maybe the folks I went with made it bad. Seemed like they just wanted to race around. Don't like to really haul a$$ on trails even if I know them. Anyway I would go back with the right crowd and maybe hit a different trail.
2008 JKUS Banks Monster, 4.88 G2 Gears, PureJeep Rocker Guards, AEV Savegre w/315/70/17 Duratracs, Body Armor Rear w/Tire carrier, Teraflex 3" with Bilsteins, Rough Country Bumper with Engo 10K install, Evo sleeves and gussets, oh yeah and Flat Fenders.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whKFbphWpvY&feature=player_embedded
agenbroad99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-01-2012, 01:55 AM   #9
jeepgoonie
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by agenbroad99
Hey Stagg Hill is awesome. Was there a few months ago. Looking to get back there in Sep. Where you from now BCP?
I'm game for stag hill. I'm right in Hawthorne.. mahwah is about a 20 minute drive
Unread 08-01-2012, 04:48 AM   #10
BCP1979

I live in newburgh ny now, need to update lol.
wharton was ok, we ended up on cherry hill/water rd, was pretty nasty water and mud.
other than that it's just sandy trails from what I got to see, spent 5 hours getting someone unstuck, so didn't get to see much. Found some better stuff on li the other day, some nasty mud pits and some decent hill climbs.
I'm trying to find another weekend when I'm free, I'll let you guys know.
Still trying to get my xj back together as it's been in pieces for 2 yrs now lol. 309,850 miles and pretty much all original suspension, was in desperate need of repair.
Unread 08-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #11
tattooed856
2003 TJ Wrangler 

If your looking for rock crawling you should go to rausch creek, its only like an hour and a half from phila. They have pretty much everything you could ask for and more there, rocks, mud, hill climbs. http://www.rauschcreekoffroadpark.org/ Wharton is what it is, hundreds of miles of trails all in southern new jersey. There are no rocks, plenty of sand, lots of mud and some hill climbs if you know where to go. It all depends on what your looking for, I have been wheeling in wharton state forest since the 80's. You have to be careful on where you go now because of places being shut down from abuse. You want to stay on the trails and try to follow the posted signs. There is plenty of fun to be had out there, not like the old days but still plenty of fun. Many of the main trails are on a normal GPS out there.
tattooed856 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.