Stuck in central nj any1 have a wench - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Stuck in central nj any1 have a wench

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 02-13-2012, 10:14 PM   #16
Ddayisnear

That mudd looks ugly, is it a legal place to b?

Ddayisnear is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #17
Ddayisnear

Pretty closeto banging rocker panel as well coming off those rocks, but go big or go home
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:22 PM   #18
Commander9
2009 XK Commander 

yea I called the police and they came out no ticket, i was under the powerlines... cops couldnt help told me i was on my own n left lol...
Commander9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #19
Commander9
2009 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddayisnear View Post
Pretty closeto banging rocker panel as well coming off those rocks, but go big or go home
yea came down a little too fast but got away ok...
Unread 02-13-2012, 10:30 PM   #20
Ddayisnear

If u on fb, look for nj off roading - toyojeep
Unread 02-14-2012, 12:06 AM   #21
Commander9
2009 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddayisnear View Post
If u on fb, look for nj off roading - toyojeep
wasnt able to find this...
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #22
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by w0mps View Post
Wheeling alone is a no-no.
nothing wrong with wheeling by yourself, I've been doing it for almost 20 years. Knowing your vehicles and your own capabilities is the key factor oh and a source of communication with a planned recovery method if needed, from looking at the pictures and knowing how black mud works. I would have never touched that with a stock vehicle unless I had another vehicle there with me.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 05:40 AM   #23
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Also if i knew it was only stuck like that not needing a winch and just a good hard yank. i would have went up there for the cost of gas money.
Unread 02-14-2012, 06:54 AM   #24
Commander9
2009 XK Commander 

yea see when this happened it was 10:45am and everything was frozen and had frost on top... i came out of the woods in a unexpected spot, it was my first time on the trails i went on n came out at the powerlines. i puled up my location on gps and saw a road on the other side, as i said i tried to cross cause it was frozen... the pics taken were at 3:30pm so you could imagine the sun/heat off the jeep melted everything around... my brother has a stock unlimited and didnt want to risk getting his stuck aswell cause by the time he could help the ground was too soft... definitely a learning experience though mudboy i do agree, i guess i "tested" my capabilities yesterday lol... does anyone have suggestions for all terrain tires i could get on the stock rims, theres not much of anything out there for commanders tires and a lift seem about all without getting custom
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #25
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

lol we all live and learn. Black mud is the result of flowing water, even if it is underground or extremely slow moving. It's swamp mud. It takes a good week of below freezing weather to support the weight of a vehicle. May i suggest a Mud terrain. BFGs mud terrains are quiet and handle on the road rather well. A all terrain tire would not have helped you there. I'd rather have a stock street tire than a traditional all terrain tire in the mud.
Youre wheels should be a 17"x7" 245 65 17s should be able to do next size up like 245 70 17s

http://www.ntwonline.com/BFG-Mud-Ter...ire-Specs.html
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #26
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How much air pressure were you running? That rear tire looks kinda sketchy in that on shot. Alway got to be careful not to run so low that you could run the tire off the rim. And the previous poster is correct, never ever wheel alone, and if you can, always wheel with someone who has a winch. I have a winch and even I try to never wheel alone.

Reading back, I see mudboys comments and I am not trying to disagree with him. He appears to have way more experience than myself. He brings up very valid points about knowing capabilities, and having good reliable communications. My thoughts are for those of use that don't have years of experience.

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #27
Commander9
2009 XK Commander 

all were between 33-36
Unread 02-14-2012, 07:46 AM   #28
Commander9
2009 XK Commander 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
lol we all live and learn. Black mud is the result of flowing water, even if it is underground or extremely slow moving. It's swamp mud. It takes a good week of below freezing weather to support the weight of a vehicle. May i suggest a Mud terrain. BFGs mud terrains are quiet and handle on the road rather well. A all terrain tire would not have helped you there. I'd rather have a stock street tire than a traditional all terrain tire in the mud.
Youre wheels should be a 17"x7" 245 65 17s should be able to do next size up like 245 70 17s

http://www.ntwonline.com/BFG-Mud-Ter...ire-Specs.html
i checked them out...
do you think a a lift would be needed to prevent tire rub?

Thanks for the help
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #29
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

tehre is a commander forum that has some very knowledgable members. If you don't find it by the time i get back from lunch I'll look it up and post the link.
Unread 02-14-2012, 09:32 AM   #30
KevKaos
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You know, no one else has said it, so I can't really resist the temptation to say:

If I had a wench with me, I wouldnt mind being stuck in the mud. wink wink nudge nudge

[FONT="Arial Black"][SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]RED JEEP CLUB # 621[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
It's not much, but check out my build thread;
[url]http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/kevkaoss-05-red-rubicon-build-thread-1170741/[/url]
[QUOTE=krashnpa;12397572] I know kev was riding his tank skid and belly pretty good on some of the blacks up at RC, but he doesn't back down from the line either.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=squazz;13612008]so I use my original nuts?[/QUOTE]

You should, in no way, take any of this personally. It's just business. So to recap, I come in peace, I mean you no harm, and you all will die. Gallaxhar out.
KevKaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.