Stokes State Forrest, NJ - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Stokes State Forrest, NJ

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE KitsARTEC JK UNDER ARMOR - 4 door Bellypan Kits

Unread 06-09-2009, 02:03 PM   #76
*Jonathan
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Anyone want to spend a few hours this Saturday over at Stokes? As light as the terrain is, its always better to not go alone. Plus with all the rain we just had it should make the "trails" a bit more fun.

*Jonathan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2009, 02:29 PM   #77
aurichbb7
1997 XJ Cherokee 

someone that knows the area set something up
aurichbb7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-09-2009, 06:08 PM   #78
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jonathan View Post
Anyone want to spend a few hours this Saturday over at Stokes? As light as the terrain is, its always better to not go alone. Plus with all the rain we just had it should make the "trails" a bit more fun.
I might be game. I'll let ya know for sure though.
98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #79
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

So im planning on hitting this up sometime this week if someone want's to meet up.
01ClassicXJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #80
Muggsie
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnb0y1989 View Post
So im planning on hitting this up sometime this week if someone want's to meet up.
I would like to tag along if possible. Someone let me know a date and time. I have never been there before, but I fly fish around there and kinda know the area.
Muggsie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2009, 09:34 AM   #81
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I'm interested in goin again
Unread 07-05-2009, 07:29 PM   #82
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I was thinking sometime mid week i have an appointment at alignment shop tomorrow.
Unread 07-05-2009, 07:59 PM   #83
floridajeepman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

let me know I am willing to go also. I know barb will go we got some good trails up there .
Unread 07-06-2009, 07:04 AM   #84
Felonious_monk
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98CherokeeLTD View Post
I'm interested in goin again
You John and I should head out there tomorrow afternoon. We should be done with his lift today.
Unread 07-06-2009, 01:08 PM   #85
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I punctured a tire yesterday wheelin with John. Don't know if it's such a bright idea for me to go with my tires in the shape they are in
Unread 07-09-2009, 07:57 AM   #86
01ClassicXJ
2001 XJ Cherokee 

I tried to find these trails yesterday but i could not find them i was very sad mad an hour drive fro nothing.
Unread 07-10-2009, 01:51 AM   #87
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j0hnb0y1989 View Post
I tried to find these trails yesterday but i could not find them i was very sad mad an hour drive fro nothing.
PM me and I'll get ya more specific details/directions right to em.
Unread 07-11-2009, 07:42 PM   #88
choeyreplied
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey all, i haven't really been saying anything on this thread but have been listening. I went up to stokes today kinda blindly to try some wheeling out. I didn't even go into the main park entrance at all, I headed down towards Tillmans Ravine which is on the west side of 206. Are those the only trails? Off the main road we took some trail up over the hill and took a couple turns and ended up on the same road. Nothing crazy, little mud, little water, little rocks. Nothing a stocker could not do if you have some ballz. But can anyone give some specific examples of where some good trails are up in there?

PS
i have pictures up later tonight or tomorrow.
choeyreplied is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-11-2009, 08:59 PM   #89
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Sounds like we finally have a winner! Someone was able to find the trails with never being thre before. I would just like to say congradulations for finding it. You obviously found the upper trails by Tillman's ravine.

There are a few more if you were to continue down the paved road and get to the Walack cemetery. At that point it's go left or right. No matter which way you go it eventually brings you back out to walpack/flatbrook rd. Doesn't matter if you go left or right cause there cause there are trails that shoot off the dirt road.

Yea, I know it's nothin spectacular up there, and a stock jeep could make it through, but I did say that a few times throughout this thread and it's still fun to go up there and tool around for a few hours.
I like goin up there with all my fishing gear (spinning rods and fly rod), hit the trails for a while then go fishin. A few of the trails lead right to the water, so I figure take advantage of it. I love fishin like that...kinda far and out of the way to get to makes it so less people go there. The areas are cleaner, less people, a lot quieter, and all that SOMETIMES equates to more fish n bigger fish
Unread 07-15-2009, 09:12 AM   #90
choeyreplied
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah thats a good idea next time im going to bring my rod and gear.

Here is a map i have been working on of places i have wheeled at in jersey. I added stokes and the trails i have done so far. I will add more next time i go up there. I hope this will help people find things.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...3da3888e49fbd0
choeyreplied is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.