Stokes State Forrest, NJ - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Stokes State Forrest, NJ

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 04-10-2009, 06:32 PM   #1
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Stokes State Forrest, NJ

Anyone other than me been up there?

There's a lot of legal wheeling that can be done. I took a ride up there a few days ago and in 2 1/2 hours still didn't hit all the trails. It's nothin too crazy, and all can be conquored in a stock Jeep. When my wife had her 98 XJ we used to take that up through there all the time and never had any issues.

If anyone is interested in givin it a shot sometime in the [near] future lets hear it. I'm hopin that I can get up there again soon and map everything out with my laptop and GPS.

Check out MAPQUEST to see where its at. Zoom into city level. the trails basically start at Haney's Mill (which is where the map is at) and go North. Then there are a few loops that shoot off of Tillman Rd.

If you want anymore info, post here or PM me.

98CherokeeLTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #2
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Like i said in the other thread i am def down for going up there. It looks like im about an hour from there which isnt that bad considering i prob wont break anything so i prob wont tow my jeep up there. Ill def keep an eye on this thread to see what the deal is

1954 CJ3B Willys
Hurricane 4, 3-spd with Warn Overdrive, Snow-plow

NGJC# 15
Low Output 4 cylinder Jeep Club Member #166
Build Thread
Are You An Offroad Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticGringo View Post
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
DixiesCJ3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-10-2009, 09:09 PM   #3
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

sounds good!
I really doubt that you would break anything. But ya never know...there is always that possibility.

I've been goin up there for the last 3 or 4 years and have never had a problem. I've passed rangers on the trails and they just waved. as long as no one gets stupid and starts rippin things up or destroying property, they really dont care.

I'm gonna try and get up there this coming week to map out the trails on my laptop GPS program, and also try and find a ranger station (or ranger) just to be 100% sure it's ok to be there. I could always make some phone calls or send some e-mails to fish and game too.
Unread 04-11-2009, 06:38 AM   #4
ZJ_Richie
1996 ZJ 

I'll be down for a ride, if its an hour for Dixiescj3b then its about 45mins for me. sounds like we should get a small group together and go for a ride.
3 in. Pro Comp lift with crawlerready 2 in. spacers, longer than stock control arms, front adj. track bar with IRO hd mount, rear adj. track bar, jks discos, Currie Currectlync, black soft 8's with 32 in. Hankook Dynapro mts

Future mods: hp30, 8.8 swap, IRO's 5.5 Critcal Path Kit

ZJ_Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:05 AM   #5
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I sent an email to NJ Fish and Wildlife askin about the trails throughout Stokes State Forrest and The Deleware Watergap National Recreation Area (which is where all these trails are). I sent it late Friday night so I'm not expecting a response until at least Monday. I'm still plannin on tryin to get up there this week and get it mapped out.

Richie- If you wanted to go, I think the best plan would be to meet me in Blairstown at the A&P on Rt. 94 and we could head up from there. From the A&P it's about a 20 min ride, and from Roseto to the A&P it's about 20-30 min. So your right on with estimating 45 min. I'll PM you my cell # for if ya wanna get a hold of me.
Unread 04-12-2009, 06:32 PM   #6
floridajeepman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

And I will drop you a pm when I am back in the area should be shortly.
Unread 04-12-2009, 07:53 PM   #7
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Nice our little group is growing, man i really want money to fix my tranny

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
This "Jeep thing" is like dating a really really hot chick, who is crazy! Its alot of fun, you spend too much money, your up all night ending up sweaty & greasy from it, your friends are jealous, you get admission into some sort of weird club... but it gets mad at your for no reason, throws fits seemingly randomly, has unexplained issues which it somehow solves on its own only after you try a bunch of different things (and spend a bunch of money) to solve it... and yet you can't resist getting in it every chance you can.
Unread 04-12-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
OffroadAlex
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Hey whats up guys. I remeber camping up at stokes a couple years ago. What kind of trails are up there? Are they like hunting roads or actually like trails?
OffroadAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-12-2009, 10:15 PM   #9
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadAlex View Post
Hey whats up guys. I remeber camping up at stokes a couple years ago. What kind of trails are up there? Are they like hunting roads or actually like trails?
a little bit of both. there's one main dirt road and then the rest are trails that come off the "main road" and shoot out into the woods. If I'm able to make it up there this week (which I'm REALLY hopin to) I'll take some pics of some of the dirt roads and trails
Unread 04-14-2009, 08:01 AM   #10
nowickyj
2005 TJ Wrangler 

count me in
2005 Rubicon Jks discos 3.5 Rubicon Express superflex homebrew adj. uppers, Tom Woods driveshaft 1" BL , nitros, KC daylighters, XRC8, 35s KM2's, soft 8's custom bumpers, and all kinds of other stuff....
nowickyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2009, 05:03 PM   #11
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

I got an e-mail back about the trails in Stokes. from what the lady said is that theres 10miles of legal wheelin trails. she couldn't give me details on which trails exactly, said to stop at the ranger station up there for details
Unread 04-14-2009, 08:11 PM   #12
floridajeepman
1997 TJ Wrangler 

thats it huh not many trails I guess.
Unread 04-14-2009, 08:26 PM   #13
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea 10 miles doesnt sound like alot but when your only going 5 miles an hour i bet it still will seem quite a bit, plus we will have a decent size group hopefully

98 if you do get up there make sure you take lots of pics i really want to check this out

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:
Unread 04-14-2009, 08:48 PM   #14
98CherokeeLTD
1992 XJ Cherokee 

Here's the e-mail from Michele Buckley who works for the State Parks Service.
Quote:
Rob -Stokes has approximately 10 miles of dirt woods roads which are open to registered and insured street legal vehicles and motorcycles. You would need to stop by the park office for the specific areas as they are not designated on the map I have available.

Michele
I know that there are A LOT more trails than that. I've been there and been on them, many times.
Unread 04-14-2009, 08:54 PM   #15
DixiesCJ3B
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Yea but those trails might not be legal to wheel in. Its all good we can just stop by the ranger station and see whats up. Plus Michele might not know what is really going on

1954 CJ3B Willys

NGJC# 15
Build Thread
Quote:

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.