JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   New Jersey Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f360/)
-   -   Stokes State Forrest, NJ (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f360/stokes-state-forrest-nj-750711/)

98CherokeeLTD 04-10-2009 07:32 PM

Stokes State Forrest, NJ

Anyone other than me been up there?

There's a lot of legal wheeling that can be done. I took a ride up there a few days ago and in 2 1/2 hours still didn't hit all the trails. It's nothin too crazy, and all can be conquored in a stock Jeep. When my wife had her 98 XJ we used to take that up through there all the time and never had any issues.

If anyone is interested in givin it a shot sometime in the [near] future lets hear it. I'm hopin that I can get up there again soon and map everything out with my laptop and GPS.

Check out MAPQUEST to see where its at. Zoom into city level. the trails basically start at Haney's Mill (which is where the map is at) and go North. Then there are a few loops that shoot off of Tillman Rd.

If you want anymore info, post here or PM me. :thumbsup:

DixiesCJ3B 04-10-2009 09:47 PM

Like i said in the other thread i am def down for going up there. It looks like im about an hour from there which isnt that bad considering i prob wont break anything so i prob wont tow my jeep up there. Ill def keep an eye on this thread to see what the deal is

98CherokeeLTD 04-10-2009 10:09 PM

sounds good!
I really doubt that you would break anything. But ya never know...there is always that possibility.

I've been goin up there for the last 3 or 4 years and have never had a problem. I've passed rangers on the trails and they just waved. as long as no one gets stupid and starts rippin things up or destroying property, they really dont care.

I'm gonna try and get up there this coming week to map out the trails on my laptop GPS program, and also try and find a ranger station (or ranger) just to be 100% sure it's ok to be there. I could always make some phone calls or send some e-mails to fish and game too.

ZJ_Richie 04-11-2009 07:38 AM

I'll be down for a ride, if its an hour for Dixiescj3b then its about 45mins for me. sounds like we should get a small group together and go for a ride.

98CherokeeLTD 04-12-2009 10:05 AM

I sent an email to NJ Fish and Wildlife askin about the trails throughout Stokes State Forrest and The Deleware Watergap National Recreation Area (which is where all these trails are). I sent it late Friday night so I'm not expecting a response until at least Monday. I'm still plannin on tryin to get up there this week and get it mapped out.

Richie- If you wanted to go, I think the best plan would be to meet me in Blairstown at the A&P on Rt. 94 and we could head up from there. From the A&P it's about a 20 min ride, and from Roseto to the A&P it's about 20-30 min. So your right on with estimating 45 min. I'll PM you my cell # for if ya wanna get a hold of me.

floridajeepman 04-12-2009 07:32 PM

And I will drop you a pm when I am back in the area should be shortly.

DixiesCJ3B 04-12-2009 08:53 PM

Nice our little group is growing, man i really want money to fix my tranny

OffroadAlex 04-12-2009 10:52 PM

Hey whats up guys. I remeber camping up at stokes a couple years ago. What kind of trails are up there? Are they like hunting roads or actually like trails?

98CherokeeLTD 04-12-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OffroadAlex (Post 7002976)
Hey whats up guys. I remeber camping up at stokes a couple years ago. What kind of trails are up there? Are they like hunting roads or actually like trails?

a little bit of both. there's one main dirt road and then the rest are trails that come off the "main road" and shoot out into the woods. If I'm able to make it up there this week (which I'm REALLY hopin to) I'll take some pics of some of the dirt roads and trails

nowickyj 04-14-2009 09:01 AM

count me in

98CherokeeLTD 04-14-2009 06:03 PM

I got an e-mail back about the trails in Stokes. from what the lady said is that theres 10miles of legal wheelin trails. she couldn't give me details on which trails exactly, said to stop at the ranger station up there for details

floridajeepman 04-14-2009 09:11 PM

thats it huh not many trails I guess.

DixiesCJ3B 04-14-2009 09:26 PM

Yea 10 miles doesnt sound like alot but when your only going 5 miles an hour i bet it still will seem quite a bit, plus we will have a decent size group hopefully

98 if you do get up there make sure you take lots of pics i really want to check this out

98CherokeeLTD 04-14-2009 09:48 PM

Here's the e-mail from Michele Buckley who works for the State Parks Service.
Quote:

Rob -Stokes has approximately 10 miles of dirt woods roads which are open to registered and insured street legal vehicles and motorcycles. You would need to stop by the park office for the specific areas as they are not designated on the map I have available.

Michele
I know that there are A LOT more trails than that. I've been there and been on them, many times.

DixiesCJ3B 04-14-2009 09:54 PM

Yea but those trails might not be legal to wheel in. Its all good we can just stop by the ranger station and see whats up. Plus Michele might not know what is really going on

The time now is 03:53 AM.