South Jersey Suspension Help - Mays Landing - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 01-15-2012, 10:44 AM Thread Starter
RubiNoob
2010 JK Wrangler 

South Jersey Suspension Help - Mays Landing

Hey All,

About 6 months ago, I had an AEV Premium 3.5" lift installed.

All went well, but the shop said they weren't able to get the alignment 10% in spec (I'll try to find the specs of what the alignment was).

The Jeep rides great for the most part, but I am concerned about one aspect. When I go over bumps in the road, it feels as if the rear and wants to drift out. Almost like the front and rear are tracking in different directions. I don't really know how to explain it....

I checked the rear track bar, and its appears to be tight.

I'm by no means a mechanic, and I also don't know if I'm overly paranoid about this.

So, does anyone have any thoughts, or know of anyone in the South Jersey / Mays Landing area that might be of help?

Thanks!

Jared

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 01-15-2012, 12:51 PM
mikesbeachhut
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Its normal .When you go up or down on the suspension the front and rear track bars ether pull or push your axles out opposite each other.
post #3 of 7 Old 01-16-2012, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
RubiNoob
2010 JK Wrangler 

So it is 'normal' ehh??

I suppose I'm just not used to the feeling as this is my first Jeep (only had sports cars up to this point).

Are there specific things I can do to 'help' with this?

Keep in mind that the Jeep handles incredibly well since the AEV install, its only when going over bumps (at an angle?) that it feels loose.
post #4 of 7 Old 01-17-2012, 03:55 AM
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

You should sign up on JKowners and talk to them guys in the "Jersey Crew"about it. Pretty knowledged, and good people.
post #5 of 7 Old 01-17-2012, 09:47 PM
GlobexMike

You're not far from us. We're right in Toms River. Drop by the shop one day, I'd be happy to give your Jeep a once-over free of charge.

It is normal for the axles to move in opposite directions over bumps as others have said, but unless you've driven other lifted Jeeps, it's hard to judge what "normal" is. I've driven 100's of lifted Jeeps, and would be happy to check yours out for you.
post #6 of 7 Old 01-19-2012, 02:31 PM Thread Starter
RubiNoob
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobexMike View Post
You're not far from us. We're right in Toms River. Drop by the shop one day, I'd be happy to give your Jeep a once-over free of charge.

It is normal for the axles to move in opposite directions over bumps as others have said, but unless you've driven other lifted Jeeps, it's hard to judge what "normal" is. I've driven 100's of lifted Jeeps, and would be happy to check yours out for you.

So I was able to visit with Mike, of Globex,and had a great time! Mike was able to take my jeep for a spin, and found all things to be in great working order. I was very glad to hear this good news, and now just have to accept that the Jeep is not a lowered sports car!

Anyways, Mike was awesome, and in a few weeks, will be installing 5.38 gears and sleeving / gusseting my axles! Can't....Wait!

post #7 of 7 Old 01-19-2012, 06:35 PM
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

Wish Globex was closer to me:\ all the way in sussex county

1997 Limited 5.2L Nelly - SOLD
1997 Limited 5.2L - new project

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.