South Jersey Suspension Help - Mays Landing - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > South Jersey Suspension Help - Mays Landing

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 01-15-2012, 10:44 AM   #1
RubiNoob
2010 JK Wrangler 

South Jersey Suspension Help - Mays Landing

Hey All,

About 6 months ago, I had an AEV Premium 3.5" lift installed.

All went well, but the shop said they weren't able to get the alignment 10% in spec (I'll try to find the specs of what the alignment was).

The Jeep rides great for the most part, but I am concerned about one aspect. When I go over bumps in the road, it feels as if the rear and wants to drift out. Almost like the front and rear are tracking in different directions. I don't really know how to explain it....

I checked the rear track bar, and its appears to be tight.

I'm by no means a mechanic, and I also don't know if I'm overly paranoid about this.

So, does anyone have any thoughts, or know of anyone in the South Jersey / Mays Landing area that might be of help?

Thanks!

Jared

RubiNoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2012, 12:51 PM   #2
mikesbeachhut
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Its normal .When you go up or down on the suspension the front and rear track bars ether pull or push your axles out opposite each other.
mikesbeachhut is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
RubiNoob
2010 JK Wrangler 

So it is 'normal' ehh??

I suppose I'm just not used to the feeling as this is my first Jeep (only had sports cars up to this point).

Are there specific things I can do to 'help' with this?

Keep in mind that the Jeep handles incredibly well since the AEV install, its only when going over bumps (at an angle?) that it feels loose.
Unread 01-17-2012, 03:55 AM   #4
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

You should sign up on JKowners and talk to them guys in the "Jersey Crew"about it. Pretty knowledged, and good people.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2012, 09:47 PM   #5
GlobexMike

You're not far from us. We're right in Toms River. Drop by the shop one day, I'd be happy to give your Jeep a once-over free of charge.

It is normal for the axles to move in opposite directions over bumps as others have said, but unless you've driven other lifted Jeeps, it's hard to judge what "normal" is. I've driven 100's of lifted Jeeps, and would be happy to check yours out for you.
GlobexMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-19-2012, 02:31 PM   #6
RubiNoob
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlobexMike View Post
You're not far from us. We're right in Toms River. Drop by the shop one day, I'd be happy to give your Jeep a once-over free of charge.

It is normal for the axles to move in opposite directions over bumps as others have said, but unless you've driven other lifted Jeeps, it's hard to judge what "normal" is. I've driven 100's of lifted Jeeps, and would be happy to check yours out for you.

So I was able to visit with Mike, of Globex,and had a great time! Mike was able to take my jeep for a spin, and found all things to be in great working order. I was very glad to hear this good news, and now just have to accept that the Jeep is not a lowered sports car!

Anyways, Mike was awesome, and in a few weeks, will be installing 5.38 gears and sleeving / gusseting my axles! Can't....Wait!

Unread 01-19-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
sevenscrew
1997 ZJ 

Wish Globex was closer to me:\ all the way in sussex county
sevenscrew is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.