South Jersey/Pine Barrens/Wharton info - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > South Jersey/Pine Barrens/Wharton info

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!ExtremeTerrain.com Now Carries Raxiom Off-Road Technology RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 12-08-2010, 04:44 AM   #46
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

I'd also like to throw in, Don't forget this is shotgun week. You may piss some hunters off driving through now, since 50% of the funding for the land is from hunting licenses, so it is more geared towards hunters having the right away.

mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 04:50 AM   #47
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyvito View Post
Biggest spot around here would be Oak Pond, second being CC Woods. The latter being a big hunting spot. I wheel both and neither have anything special so it would be a lot of work to turn them into a park.
yeah it's neither of them.
Heres a pic of the area from a few years ago. I'm hesitant of posting the exact location in fear of word getting to the wrong people and causing a premature uproar halting the only hope of having legal REAL mud.
head-slpashed.jpg   head-cropped.jpg  
Unread 12-08-2010, 03:25 PM   #48
ARB-XJ
1998 XJ Cherokee 

^^^^^ mmmm mud
Unread 12-08-2010, 03:50 PM   #49
TheStigX
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
No problem, but I'm gonna be asking each and everyone of you for a favor when it comes to the OHV park time. I'm going to need masses of people willing to show that they would be willing to use the park and stop WHEELING in the Pines and leave the pines strictly for TRAIL RIDING/ exploring. There has been very little effort ever shown for an ORV park for trucks and not ATVs. When the time comes everyone of yall are going to be needed. I'm telling you now, the area that they are looking at is bad ***!!! 2000 acres, trails, hills and mud unlike anyone has seen before. If you pick up a small clump of this mud and let it dry then crumple it up in your fingers, all that is left is dust. when it's wet it has the consistecy of baby poo

Sounds like a cool place. I know there was a thread started a while ago about a ORP but its been a slow process...I think it would almost be thee same distance as Rausch Creek though.
Unread 12-08-2010, 04:06 PM   #50
BriansCJ
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStigX View Post

Sounds like a cool place. I know there was a thread started a while ago about a ORP but its been a slow process...I think it would almost be thee same distance as Rausch Creek though.
I think it was about 45 min farther than rausch for me. Rausch is definitely worth the trip up though.
Unread 12-08-2010, 06:50 PM   #51
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Is there any place in the pines that I could bring my VW powered non-street legal sandrail? Thanks
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2010, 05:15 AM   #52
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

negative. Out of the 5 that I have had in my lifetime, I had to ride in privately owned pits. You would hold the risk of getting :
uninsured vehicle
unregistered vehicle
failure to inspect
operating a class 2 ORV
and chances are, it would be impounded and unless you had a title and it had a vin you'd be screwed out of a rail.
Unread 12-09-2010, 05:51 AM   #53
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Well that pretty much sucks..what are the chances of getting a sandrail street legal in NJ? So if you have a tube frame rock crawler Jeep that isn't street legal or a quad or a dirtbike..you can only go on private land?
Unread 12-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #54
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Sandrails would be difficult in this state. Figure you'd have to get a reconstructed title made for it. This may be easier if you know someone from another state. You'd need a state appointed VIN number, then you'd have to try to get it to meet the requirements to drive down Jersey roads. I eventually went out and bought a manx with my father, which was street leghal with historic plates. IO wish we kept that one. You are 100% correct with your last statement, hence the reason I'm consistent with "Jersey Sux"
Unread 12-09-2010, 06:04 AM   #55
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Yea I already have a Manx type street legal buggy but its just for that...the street. In my opinion, the sandrail is even more fun than my Jeep. Do you know anyone that does private land meets? thanks

Unread 12-12-2010, 06:28 PM   #56
dannymodz

Quote:
I'd also like to throw in, Don't forget this is shotgun week. You may piss some hunters off driving through now, since 50% of the funding for the land is from hunting licenses, so it is more geared towards hunters having the right away.
i was out there this saturday the 11th, and saw a guy in orangle walking around with a rifle, im suprised he didnt shoot out anyones tires in the fleet of trucks lol.
Unread 12-16-2010, 07:53 PM   #57
TheGuyFromNJ
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm not sure on Central and north Jersey but i do know of the South Jersey location and if i remeber correctly you stated you were from Gloucster County in a previous post. The one area that the PPPA has had on their minds is also in Gloucster County.

Quote:
yeah it's neither of them.
Heres a pic of the area from a few years ago. I'm hesitant of posting the exact location in fear of word getting to the wrong people and causing a premature uproar halting the only hope of having legal REAL mud.
Goucester County doesn't have mountains like that in the background. You sure its SNJ? Still wondering why they just aren't buying up old sand quarries, the land has already been 100% impacted, so land use permits shouldn't be an issue. And they are usually in out of the way areas, so towns people should gripe much either. Just add rocks, instant off road park.
TheGuyFromNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2010, 02:14 PM   #58
dannymodz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuyFromNJ View Post
Goucester County doesn't have mountains like that in the background. You sure its SNJ? Still wondering why they just aren't buying up old sand quarries, the land has already been 100% impacted, so land use permits shouldn't be an issue. And they are usually in out of the way areas, so towns people should gripe much either. Just add rocks, instant off road park.
those dont look like mountains to me, it looks like part of the picture was edited out using paint lol. and im with you on the old sand quarries, sarco/the jersey desert would be the best area to make an offroad park. its huge!!
Unread 08-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #59
NJXJ91
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Mudboy, could you point me out to some legal spots?
NJXJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #60
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

old post, right?
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.