South Jersey/Pine Barrens/Wharton info - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > South Jersey/Pine Barrens/Wharton info

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNew jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!

Unread 12-03-2010, 08:51 AM   #31
bmxer0122
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Awesome thank you for that information! I always drive by them but didn't go through because I don't want the trouble if it's "not allowed." I usually drive all around the Colliers Mills area and they enforce the dawn-dusk rule pretty tightly b/c of kids drinking out in the woods.

bmxer0122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:06 AM   #32
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKdriver201 View Post
I just think its funny how u think burnt mill would be green, i was just there 2 weeks ago and my dad got his 2010 F-150 stuck!!! just goes to show you dont know who went thru before you!!

This si a prime example of both ruts and purposeley getting torn up. Burnt Mill Rd. is a very highly traveled road. The ruts will form whenever there is wet conditions and high travel. With this week being the opening of shotgun season expect the road conditions to worsen. However there are a few holes on Burnt Mill which you can blatently see that where purposley torn deeper.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:09 AM   #33
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onabudget3g View Post
Most of burnt mill though has go arounds the only problem part on it is the entrance after it rains

the entance that you aere speaking of is not state Property , it is township property. Thats why it never gets maintained,. If Burnt Mill was to be maintained prioperly it would be a green. I still have no problem getting the minivan down there with careful wheel placement. This is something that I have to keep in mind that is hard for me. i know whats under water of all of them holes, some people do not.
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #34
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer0122 View Post
Awesome thank you for that information! I always drive by them but didn't go through because I don't want the trouble if it's "not allowed." I usually drive all around the Colliers Mills area and they enforce the dawn-dusk rule pretty tightly b/c of kids drinking out in the woods.
Heres a quick overview of WMA laws
NJDEP Division of Fish & Wildlife - Wildlife Management Area Regulations
Heres the contact to request for all of the WMA regs
609-984-0547
Unread 12-03-2010, 09:22 AM   #35
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Here is a list of every NJ WMA. click on the name and you will get a vague map that at least shows you the boundaries.
NJDEP Division of Fish & Wildlife - Wildlife Management Areas
Unread 12-03-2010, 10:00 AM   #36
Onabudget3g
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Oh I didn't know it was twp land learn something knew everyday
Onabudget3g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 11:18 AM   #37
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

I'm not sure exactly where the boudry is of state and township but I'm pretty sure it is about 1/4 mile into the dirt road.
Unread 12-03-2010, 03:13 PM   #38
HamiltonLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Mudboy comes off a little harsh sometimes for one reason! He is very passionate about the pines! There's nobody out there that works as hard as him to keep the trail open for us all to enjoy!!
HamiltonLJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-03-2010, 03:49 PM   #39
shadyvito

I don't get the 2 wheel drive thing, I bought a 4 wh drive for a reason. I got a question. For ya, u said they want an offroad park in so jeresey, where they looking?
Unread 12-06-2010, 07:25 AM   #40
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadyvito View Post
I don't get the 2 wheel drive thing, I bought a 4 wh drive for a reason. I got a question. For ya, u said they want an offroad park in so jeresey, where they looking?
I'm not sure on Central and north Jersey but i do know of the South Jersey location and if i remeber correctly you stated you were from Gloucster County in a previous post. The one area that the PPPA has had on their minds is also in Gloucster County.
Unread 12-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #41
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamiltonLJ View Post
Mudboy comes off a little harsh sometimes for one reason! He is very passionate about the pines! There's nobody out there that works as hard as him to keep the trail open for us all to enjoy!!

Thanks Tom, I try lol. I just don't filter myself for anyone. I have enough freinds I'm not here to impress anyone Like me for who I am or leave me alone
Unread 12-06-2010, 07:36 AM   #42
SpyketheKlown
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Wow! Thanks for all of the info! It's so great to see people who care about the Pines as much (possibly more) than I do! I was born and raised in Atco and one thing you learn quickly is to never disrespect nature. Whenever hubby and I go 4x4ing in Wharton, it just makes me so sad to see trash everywhere. I look forward to the clean-ups every year. I just wish people had more respect!!!
SpyketheKlown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #43
shadyvito

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
I'm not sure on Central and north Jersey but i do know of the South Jersey location and if i remeber correctly you stated you were from Gloucster County in a previous post. The one area that the PPPA has had on their minds is also in Gloucster County.
Biggest spot around here would be Oak Pond, second being CC Woods. The latter being a big hunting spot. I wheel both and neither have anything special so it would be a lot of work to turn them into a park.
Unread 12-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #44
bjdstt247
2000 WJ 

Anyone tell me about Colliers Mill in jackson? I was reading that it was legal as long as you take on the trails. Anyone been there before
bjdstt247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2010, 04:42 AM   #45
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Collier Mills is a Wildlife Management Area. The same rules pertain there as in all of the other WMAS. They do not have the regs posted on thenjdep site, however if you call the phone number I posted a few posts back they will send you a paper copy. If you request one today it should be in your hands before the weekend. It is legal to drive through WMAs. They state the same thing as a state park about staying on the trail, and obviously don't tear the roads up.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.