South Jersey/Pine Barrens/Wharton info - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > South Jersey/Pine Barrens/Wharton info

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Jeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at Baselin

Unread 12-03-2010, 06:04 AM   #16
Onabudget3g
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Thats a good idea and maybe chain them up so they dont become part of the trash themselves.

Onabudget3g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:06 AM   #17
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

yeah I already considered that. Punch holes through thwem andf chain em up as tight as I can to a tree or drive pilings into the ground a few feet deep.
mudboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:12 AM   #18
Onabudget3g
2000 XJ Cherokee 

yeah and even to make it eco friendly by putting a rubber or plastic on the chain that is around the tree so the bark doesnt get disturbed
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:16 AM   #19
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onabudget3g View Post
yeah and even to make it eco friendly by putting a rubber or plastic on the chain that is around the tree so the bark doesnt get disturbed
youre going a little far now. This is all coming out of my pocket lol. Its gonna be chinese chain
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:22 AM   #20
Onabudget3g
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Oh gotcha going to pick it up at the berlin mart? haha
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:24 AM   #21
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

maybe. there or ho chi mihn freight
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:49 AM   #22
krobinson
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Mudboy for you efforts.
krobinson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 06:57 AM   #23
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

No problem, but I'm gonna be asking each and everyone of you for a favor when it comes to the OHV park time. I'm going to need masses of people willing to show that they would be willing to use the park and stop WHEELING in the Pines and leave the pines strictly for TRAIL RIDING/ exploring. There has been very little effort ever shown for an ORV park for trucks and not ATVs. When the time comes everyone of yall are going to be needed. I'm telling you now, the area that they are looking at is bad ***!!! 2000 acres, trails, hills and mud unlike anyone has seen before. If you pick up a small clump of this mud and let it dry then crumple it up in your fingers, all that is left is dust. when it's wet it has the consistecy of baby poo
Unread 12-03-2010, 07:04 AM   #24
krobinson
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I work in NJ and live in PA. I go to the pine barrens about once a month with my 4 year old son, he loves playing in the sand. People just need to use common sense. I pickup trash along the way, everyone needs to do their part. I agree there about clear rules/law. Also what is Damage? The trails are going to wear, as does roads. So trails get pot holes or ruts in them. 99% of the land is untouched. Also do the tree huggers know the differance between damage from vehicle and nature? The spring from the snow melt and rain this past year washed out a lot of trail and dainage pipes.

PS put a shopping Mall and housing on the land and the state will find a way to justify that. Money!!!!! LOL thanks again
krobinson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 07:21 AM   #25
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

I've been in steady communication with a few higher up greenies. They needed some education just as much as I did and still do. Everyone is aware that since the roads are dirt, they wuill not be pothole and rut free. Damage is when people are flooring it in 2 wheel drive to see if they can make it or just trying to rut something out. This does happen back there alot. they are also aware of the washouts from this previous winter. **** happens its the woods but at the same time people can't be using the pipes fro a crawling obstacle and bottom out on them and destroy them. We have to prevent posts such as this
Crossing is out Constable Bridge Road
Unread 12-03-2010, 08:04 AM   #26
Onabudget3g
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Sh*t id even pay an annual fee for a legal pit to wheel
Unread 12-03-2010, 08:24 AM   #27
bmxer0122
1987 YJ Wrangler 

ok I have a few good questions. I frequently drive down 539 from jackson/lakehurst area down to school by atlantic city. Iv also take 206 several times to go different places and have noticed TONS of trails shooting off of the main road. On 539 I have noticed several signs stating $10,000 fines for OHV, Motorcycle, ATV so on and so forth. Are you allowed to drive on these trails w/ a Jeep (Properly registered, insured, wheels covered, completely legal)?
bmxer0122 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 08:37 AM   #28
JKdriver201
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
Part 2:

I also believe these trails need a rating system. As much as you may not like it, this is a state park so Mr. Greenie needs to know where his Prius can and cannot make it. this would be a "green" trail. basically a Green would be 2wd accessible, such as Carranza, Burt mill, quakerbridge etc.

I just think its funny how u think burnt mill would be green, i was just there 2 weeks ago and my dad got his 2010 F-150 stuck!!! just goes to show you dont know who went thru before you!!
JKdriver201 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-03-2010, 08:43 AM   #29
Onabudget3g
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Most of burnt mill though has go arounds the only problem part on it is the entrance after it rains
Unread 12-03-2010, 08:46 AM   #30
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Depending on the area of 539. North of rt 70 is Fort Dix Property which noone is allowed on. Some of it on the easternside is Colliers Mills WMA. In bewtween 70 and 72, it is mainly greenwood WMA. Some spots are private property. South of 72 is partially Bass River State Forest and Stafford Forge WMA. As far as WMAs I know they have similar laws as a State Forest. I will post a link in a minute with a contact where you can request a hard copy of the WMA laws. i have them but they are home. One thing that is definately different is that WMAs are only open during daytime hours (Dawn-Dusk). Driving through a WMA at night could run you $100. bass River is the same laws as Wharton. the reason you see these signs is that a few years back OHV traffic was very popular. Any street legal vehicle including a Toyota Prius could be classified as a "Class 1 ORV", so Yes if your vehicle is `100% legal you are allowed to follow the trails legally. these signs refer to "Class 2 ORVs".
As far as Rt 206 goes, Once you get South of route 532 (Medford-Chatsworth Road). A majority of the roads shooting off are Wharton State Forest, which I have the laws stated above in a link.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.