Solo Run > Reed Rd Trails, Jackson NJ - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Solo Run > Reed Rd Trails, Jackson NJ

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Closed Thread
Unread 06-14-2011, 06:32 PM   #16
1 ton yj
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZJ View Post
The pit you are talking about is hawkins pit. Its very Illegal. Kids ride in there with there quads still, but they get chased out by the local PD 2-3 times a day.
That's a shame. It's been a few years since I've been down there, but we used to park in some guy's yard who lived along the woods south of the pit. He had a son who was 6 or 7 at the time who was already racing moto-x and was pretty fast. His neighbor was a cop or a state trooper or something I forget, he used to ride with us too.

With one or two exceptions, everyone I ran into down there was very friendly and respectful of the land and the neighbors. I guess it only takes a couple bad apples to spoil the whole bunch.

Unread 06-14-2011, 09:06 PM   #17
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 ton yj View Post
That's a shame. It's been a few years since I've been down there, but we used to park in some guy's yard who lived along the woods south of the pit. He had a son who was 6 or 7 at the time who was already racing moto-x and was pretty fast. His neighbor was a cop or a state trooper or something I forget, he used to ride with us too.

With one or two exceptions, everyone I ran into down there was very friendly and respectful of the land and the neighbors. I guess it only takes a couple bad apples to spoil the whole bunch.
I know the guy you are talking about.. but times change and people ruin **** for us.
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:21 AM   #18
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10sahara View Post
So what u mean is as long as I don't go off the trails no one will bother me? How are the trails I havent gone yet?
That is correct. As far as a review on the trails. I have only been in there once. As far as wheeling went, I didn't see much. It was nice to be on some different trails and explore though.
Unread 06-15-2011, 12:16 PM   #19
JEEP_GREEN_4DR
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudboy View Post
colliers mills is not a park. It;'s a Wildlife Management Area. It's legal to ruide down established trails but not leave them. So no pits, no mud runs off to side....legally
Is this something that carries over to all NJ WMA trails that appear to be driveable?

I'm always looking for fun new places to drive through but I hate thinking that I might be the "FOOT" who ruins a good thing for locals.

I know Wharton SF is pretty straight forward about where is Go / No Go on the trails with the new signs.

Is there usually similar signage on WMA trails if they are illegal to take a Jeep down?
Unread 06-15-2011, 12:40 PM   #20
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

They have no "actual" map of trails either. Typical NJ grey areas within the law. I will say Greenwood WMA there are signs stating "no motor vehicles past this point" in areas.
Unread 06-15-2011, 06:36 PM   #21
chris78cj7
2006 WK 

yeah i remeber riding in the west pits in toms river right across the middle school west off 571 and riding by the ymca pits which was a hell of a good time. you know whats there now. dam condo's house and apts. builders are the real land criminals. they take and take and take. bloody shame...

we need more local places to ride and enjoy our jeeps. sucks having to ride 3 hours each way just to have a little fun. after this week i am off for the next 3 weeks and would like to ride around to find some local spots to ride, if anyone feels like explorering somewhere pm me.
Unread 06-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #22
Mosati
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I just took over a store in the Jackson outlets, and I've been keeping my eyes peeled for anything in the area. I'd love to get some wheeling in before work

There's Reed Rd, and the one off shoot from it, right? Anything else in the area?
Unread 06-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #23
cascivic
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Me and nottyuseroc go all the time to colliers mills. Anyone want to go tomorrow early? Or set something up for next week? Fyi these trails are right down the street from your store in the outlets
Unread 06-24-2011, 06:52 PM   #24
nottusyeroc
2006 TJ Wrangler 

...👀
Unread 06-25-2011, 04:45 PM   #25
Mosati
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Checked it out on my lunch, looks pretty good. Can't wait to go back when I have more time!
Unread 06-26-2011, 06:50 PM   #26
bmxer0122
1987 YJ Wrangler 

you really have to watch the puddles on the main trails.. back in high school i blazed through a deep puddle in my pickup that someone apparently put a cinder block in which ripped my exhaust off the manifold
Unread 06-27-2011, 01:25 AM   #27
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmxer0122
you really have to watch the puddles on the main trails.. back in high school i blazed through a deep puddle in my pickup that someone apparently put a cinder block in which ripped my exhaust off the manifold
Never smart to blast puddles at all
Unread 06-30-2011, 05:17 PM   #28
YATZI1980
2011 JK Wrangler 

Ive never been to reed road Im always down to go...
? Wheres the ranger station at ?
Unread 07-01-2011, 01:09 AM   #29
cascivic
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Does anyone want to go Sunday morning?
Unread 07-01-2011, 06:59 AM   #30
mudboy
1998 ZJ 

reed road or Mills? I'm down for reed rd probably.
Closed Thread

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.