Snow wheeling Wharton Sunday 1/16 from 10-2? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Snow wheeling Wharton Sunday 1/16 from 10-2?

Jeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontJeep Grand Cherokee Window RegulatorComponent speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFG

Unread 01-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #16
PhillyPyro
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Well I had a nice day out there yesterday too

got to Atsion around 2 and aired down.
first stuck around 330. no big deal Warn to the rescue

After i pulled out, a much larger cherokee went into same hole and blasted his way out after about 5 min of being stuck. Thats the first time i thought about 37s on the TJ instead of my lil 33s

(5:15ish) Found Apple Pie hill by accident for the first time in 2 yrs. (never looked for it b4).

(5:30ish) Was going to leave the woods as it was getting dark, but im stubborn so the hiway is no way home for me. so we thought we were on the wrong trail and turned around and took another. BAD MOVE. found a trail that was actually a 3' deep frozen solid ice hole. at least it was frozen till the front end got out onto it. long story short, 1 pulled out stump, 1 felled dead tree and an hour later the Jeep emerged from the Ice hole pointing in 2 different dirrections. Completely lost the tie rod in the hole. All thats left of the HD Currie tie rod...

After sitting for an hour or so in the Jeep making calls, a friend arrived at the ranger station but i couldnt figure out how to get him to me. Lucky for us someone just happened to drive by.(8:45ish) Thank you Adam for being a good person and lending a hand. We got a ride to the ranger station and drove back to Philly to get a tie rod i had in the garage. We loaded up my buddy Slick's f150 w tool boxes and jacks and warm clothes to head back to the woods.(1:15am ish)

Got back to the woods around 2:15am and drove in circles for a good 1/2 hour b4 finding the jeep again. (3:00am)

somethings missing here!

Thanks Nick good times! a 1/2 hour or so of wrenching on the trails and some road sodas.....

3:30am Jeeps done and on the way home

Moral of the story? STOP WHEELING ALONE DUMMIE!

PhillyPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 06:17 PM   #17
Sudz

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillypyro View Post
(5:30ish) was going to leave the woods as it was getting dark, but im stubborn so the hiway is no way home for me.

Got back to the woods around 2:15am and drove in circles for a good 1/2 hour b4 finding the jeep again. (3:00am)

3:30am jeeps done and on the way home
ouch!

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab
Sudz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 07:24 PM   #18
Demolition_x
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPyro View Post
Well I had a nice day out there yesterday too

got to Atsion around 2 and aired down.
first stuck around 330. no big deal Warn to the rescue

Moral of the story? STOP WHEELING ALONE DUMMIE!
Sounds like fun... I almost went into the woods by myself but I talked my self out of it.

Are the signs still at Apple Pie Hill?
Demolition_x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 07:26 PM   #19
dennis461
1991 XJ Cherokee 

double ouch.
If you want to go looking for the tie rod next weekend, send me a PM.
I have a large magnet I used for picking up nails after a roofing job.
We could find the tie rod pretty quick after breaking up the ice with a pick-ax.
dennis461 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2011, 11:24 PM   #20
RedZJ
1996 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demolition_x View Post
Sounds like fun... I almost went into the woods by myself but I talked my self out of it.

Are the signs still at Apple Pie Hill?
And is it trashed at all?
RedZJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-18-2011, 10:30 AM   #21
PhillyPyro
1998 TJ Wrangler 

No signs that I could find, and the only trash i saw was the graffiti everywhere. Who the hell tags up a tree? what is wrong with these people? I didnt go up to the top cuz my lady doesnt like heights
PhillyPyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2011, 10:09 PM   #22
kashoggio

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyPyro View Post
No signs that I could find, and the only trash i saw was the graffiti everywhere. Who the hell tags up a tree? what is wrong with these people? I didnt go up to the top cuz my lady doesnt like heights
i didnt see signs either untill the ranger pointed them out to us

he was cool , just told us to stay out, he said they shut it down and will not open it again because of people throwing trash, getting high and drunk... shame a few dumb people run it for all

[FONT="Century Gothic"][COLOR="DarkRed"]"Some desire is necessary to keep life in motion."[/COLOR][/FONT]

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2004-tj-rubicon-skittles-build-1152944/"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Lime"]MY JEEP BUILD [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/URL]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=226258"]ITEMS FOR SALE [/url]

[url="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/groups/polish-jeepers/"][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]POLISH JEEPERS CLUB[/SIZE][/COLOR] [/url]
kashoggio is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.