Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Sep 24th Intro to the pines ride

17K views 211 replies 52 participants last post by  mudboy 
#1 ·
After alot of requests I have decided to put together a ride through the pines for those who are not very familiar with them, don't have snorkles and have paint that they care about. You could bring a brand new 2011 Escalade on this ride and not have to worry about scratches or wet carpets. We will stop at a few different landmarks throughout the ride and midday we will have a late lunch at the Green Bank Inn. We will start at the Atco Raceway around 11:00AM and the ride will end in the Lacey Township area. We will be in Wharton State Forest, Brendon Byrne State Forest, and Greenwood wildlife management area. Remember guys, this is for the beginner and or the guys who cares about his paint and interior. Those who are more experienced may find this ride boring, however are more than welcome to tag along. Also remember this is not just for Jeeps, I will be posting this on a few different forums. Depending on recent weather conditions some wet sand may splash up the sides of the vehicle, but any actual mudholes will be bypassable. This will be a kid freindly ride, I will have all 3 of mine with me ( 14 month old twins and a 3 year old)
Reccomended but not required:
Tow point (esp. if you don't plan on going around any mudholes we may encounter)

Strap (same as above, no hooks on end, no "tow ropes" from autozone)

CB ( nice to stay in touch throughout the ride)

Vehicle must be street legal for the State of New Jersey (Same laws on the road are enforced in the woods)

Snacks and Beverages (non alcoholic-Alcohol is prohibited from all New Jersey State parks and Wildlife management areas)

Bug spray

Good attitude (I hate *******s)

See less See more
#5 ·
I'll probably join you guys for this. Granted i've been wheeling the pines for years, this sounds like it'd be a great trip to take my boy out on (20 month old). He LOVES trucks/jeeps/etc so he'd have a blast. It'll give me a good idea for how he likes spending the day in the jeep... if he really likes it, maybe i'll get to RC sooner than expected...

#6 ·
I've been bringing all 3 of my boys out since they were born. I took it real easy until they could suppoert their necks. my 3 year old loves wheeling more than me I think, and my 14 month old twins just chill the whole time for the most part. I look forward to meeting those who I have not met and always like hanging out with the familiar faces

#7 ·
My kids will be back in CCD on the 24th. Think we could meet up with you around noon? If you aren't going into the deep stuff I could probably catch right up to you.

#17 ·
Looiks like we are not even a week into it and gonna be rolling over 25 deep, lol. I will have the exact route mapped out in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to try to get permission from my buddy for us to camp out on his 900 acre lot of land in the pines. Who on here would be interested?

#19 ·
NJJA:
Mudboy
RedZJ
Toad97
dasilva4x4
jeepzilla
MudTJ
shadowouch
Toywheeler
Boots
BIGRIG05
Garvin (possibly)
WBG ( couple others)
omgwtfxj (few others)

jeepforum:
dennis461
Demolition X
nottusyeroc (and a few others)
sk1er18
stanbo
brunkhorse
cascivic
Ebrown37
lifewalk
Stamos
VICTIM OF PAIN

Misfits4x4:
Xdaily & 87Chevy (same vehicle)
Foryota (possibly)
Jeep Thing (possibly)

Explorerforum:
876lugSTX aka HEC
tgreene92
Paraphoe
LiKuiD
Dreddog47
?????

Fullsizebronco:
JMSC1115
bigblew79
DamageIncNY
rooster454

Jersey Devil:
gmczr2 (maybe)
KingOfThePines (maybe

#28 ·
I believe so. I plan on having myself in the lead, one person in the middle in touch with me one person at the end in touch with me. They will be letting me know by CB if there are any stops or stucks. If this was a "mud ride" I'd be worried. It should be pretty smooth running being a "easy ride". I have to make sure the bar/grill will be able to handle us all for the late lunch. With this many people it will be very important for everone to remember this one rule IF THE PERSON BEHIND YOU STOPS......YOU STOP. If this simple rule is followed it will make it easier for everyone. I will have a meeting with everyone before we start so everyone is under the same game plan. I'm ready.... Bring it!!!!:thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.