Sandy Hook - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Four Wheeling Forums > Wheelin' Neighborhood > North East USA > New Jersey Jeep Forum > Sandy Hook

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-27-2013, 07:11 AM   #1
Grinch2k
2013 JK Wrangler 

Sandy Hook

Howdy all...

Has anyone been on the beach with their jeep at sandy hook this year??? I am getting mixed answers. When I call the ranger station they say yes, but my buddy was told twice at the station no... Is it banned this year because of last year's hurricane??

I'd like to do some surf fishing there, and driving on the beach would be a plus...

If anyone has an answer, a big thanks in advance.

Grinch2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #2
jamesdart
1978 FSJ Wagoneer 

as far as I know, they never let trucks on the beach at sandy hook. ive been going there all my life. I don't think anyone likes that walk to the tip or the north beach.
jamesdart is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 07:28 AM   #3
Grinch2k
2013 JK Wrangler 

Thanks,

I went Saturday but there was no one at the front gate or ranger's station, so i did not take the chance. I don't remember that hike to the tip as being as long as it was, but the knees are not what they used to be. I guess I will be fishing at Island Beach in the future.
Grinch2k is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.